Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2016, 07:25 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Huh? Where did I say there were no killings prior to guns? Of course people have killed each other before, with arrows for instance. What has that got to do with anything?

Nor did I say that they WILL kill someone. But it's pretty obvious that someone with a gun is more likely to shoot someone than someone without a gun. After all, making killing easier for the killer has been one of the biggest advantages from the very invention of guns on. No more risk of getting injured oneself, no more looking the victim in the eye, etc.
"But it's pretty obvious that someone with a gun is more likely to shoot someone than someone without a gun."

Wow! That right there is effin' brilliant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 07:26 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I would appreciate some grand usage of Firearms...beyond killing..as Back in ancient time..natives were able to kill animals prior to firearms..? I'm confused..ALL firearms are meant to KILL..whether it's to kill an animal for food..right on down to killing a neighbour ( Hatfield and McCoys scenario) or defend oneself...So once again 'plain yourself?? TYIA

BBM~~ Guns are somehow a multipurpose tool??..like a _______ ( please fill in the blank) yet does far more damage at a much greater SPEED!!
Millions and millions of guns kill nothing but paper....

Old 07-16-2016, 07:26 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,856,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Huh? Where did I say there were no killings prior to guns? Of course people have killed each other before, with arrows for instance. What has that got to do with anything?

Nor did I say that they WILL kill someone. But it's pretty obvious that someone with a gun is more likely to shoot someone than someone without a gun. After all, making killing easier for the killer has been one of the biggest advantages from the very invention of guns. No more risk of getting injured oneself, no more looking the victim in the eye, etc.
Yes, I would say that someone with a gun is more likely to shoot someone, than someone without a gun.
also someone with a knife is more likely to stab someone, than someone without a knife.
also someone with a truck is more likely to drive into a crowd of people than someone without a truck.

please stop digging, we can barely see you from up here.

bill

Old 07-16-2016, 07:27 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Maybe obvious to you; however, hard fact indicates the contrary: legal gun owners are 8 times LESS likely to commit any crime than the general public.
Is that your opinion or are you quoting someone?
Either way, it doesn't have anything to do with my statement. If a person doesn't have a gun, they can't shoot someone else, It's that simple. Whether they commit other crimes is a different story.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:28 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post

Not impressed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLbBx_25y3U

Old 07-16-2016, 07:30 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Millions and millions of guns kill nothing but paper....
Tell that to those family members of those Dallas Sniper victims~~ Comparing those Officers to Paper is rather demeaning and actually reflects upon yourself with such a statement

Old 07-16-2016, 07:30 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times
Quote:
So, you cannot prove what you say either....my guns have not killed a single thing....unless you're a tree huger and care about paper....
No, I am not saying that you killed anyone with your gun(s). I'm saying that guns have one purpose and that is to kill. I'm sorry you do not understand the distinction. Have a great day and continue to not kill people and make sure your guns are secure and your home is secure from buglers. Also, if you feel the need to shoot up a mall or church or anywhere - please turn yourself in. Thank you...

Old 07-16-2016, 07:32 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Yes you did...

That hole is getting deeper....

At this point I have to ask you whether you are a native speaker because your lack of comprehension is really striking. I mean, these two statements are so not the same. Either you don't understand it or you are just trying to put words into my mouth. But you won't succeed at that...

Nor can anyone rule out that those very same people kill someone with their silly hobby.

They WILL kill someone

Old 07-16-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Tell that to those family members of those Dallas Sniper victims~~ Comparing those Officers to Paper is rather demeaning and actually reflects upon yourself with such a statement
I never said that.....and please tell me how your mind linked me and the million of people shooting shooting paper to the 6 dead cops...no wonder the left fails when talking about guns and their intended purpose.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
No, I am not saying that you killed anyone with your gun(s). I'm saying that guns have one purpose and that is to kill. I'm sorry you do not understand the distinction. Have a great day and continue to not kill people and make sure your guns are secure and your home is secure from buglers. Also, if you feel the need to shoot up a mall or church or anywhere - please turn yourself in. Thank you...
No, they have more than 1 purpose whether you believe it or not. Now run away with your blankie...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies