Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 05:49 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
And how is all of this going to be paid for?
We'll put it on your tab.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 09:51 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,275,241 times
Quote:
And how is all of this going to be paid for?
Doesn't matter, you're Emperor, use forced labor.

That's why it's a stupid question. Emperor can do whatever he likes more or less. Why would anyone be interested in protecting and investing in the poor, the low income, hell you can eliminate incomes entirely. Institute pogroms to eliminate the underclasses, you achieve the same result at less cost. Who's going to argue?

Old 07-19-2016, 04:05 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
We'll put it on your tab.
Fine.

I'll write you an IOU on a cocktail napkin, sign somebody else's name, and then drop it in my drink before handing the soggy result to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Doesn't matter, you're Emperor, use forced labor.

That's why it's a stupid question.
Actually, what's STUPID is that you think it has anything to do with MY plan rather than HIS/HER plan.

We're talking about his/her plan, not my plan.

And I want to know how he/she thinks it's going to be paid for.

There is no indication that he/she has any desire to use forced labor.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:13 AM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
...and now you're in charge.

What are the first steps and what policies would you put in place to begin the process to achieve world peace?

World peace isn't possible. This idea is a creation of an imaginary mind that ignores human nature's darker side, only looking at the positive. You have to account for both.

There will always be, as there have always been, certain groups who will seek to take by stealth or force, that which doesn't belong to them. And furthermore, groups of people, be their intentions positive or negative will act in their own best interests before any other consideration, and such will inevitably lead to conflict of interests, and ultimately, conflict.

Better to establish a more feasible goal, such as World Cooperation, with laws prohibiting conflict and aggression, where the only legal use of force is for the purpose of self defense. And this excuse of self defense cannot be based on potential threats, such that has dominated the world stage over the past few decades. Meaning, NO PREEMPTIVE WAR against perceived future threats. Only ACTUAL aggression which calls for defensive military response.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:43 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,275,241 times
Quote:
Actually, what's STUPID is that you think it has anything to do with MY plan rather than HIS/HER plan.

We're talking about his/her plan, not my plan.

And I want to know how he/she thinks it's going to be paid for.

There is no indication that he/she has any desire to use forced labor.
I was referring to the initial question, not yours. Yours is a reasonable question based on an unreasonable situation.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:00 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
I was referring to the initial question, not yours. Yours is a reasonable question based on an unreasonable situation.
I apologize.

And thanks for clarifying.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:27 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Fine.

I'll write you an IOU on a cocktail napkin, sign somebody else's name, and then drop it in my drink before handing the soggy result to you.
In that case, it's off with your head.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:36 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
I guess I should contribute to my own thread, eh?

Remembering the Civilian Conservation Corps, I think I would institute something like that worldwide...any adult not in school who was physically and mentally able to work would be given a job suitable to their skills (plus training would be offered.)

There would be no free lunch (which kills pride) except for those who were physically or mentally unable to work due to disabilities. These would be cared for in a humane way with shelter, food and help. Training where applicable.

All citizens would have a decent roof over their heads, clean water, and free or low-cost education. Civil rights would be maintained. The legal system would be equitable. Victimless crimes would not be prosecuted.

I think humans treated fairly, who took pride in their work, and had work that provided a decent standard of living (eliminating the "working poor" economic class who fall further and further into an economic hole no matter how hard they work) would not to turn to violence to keep alive.

And tyrants would be less tolerated. And wars would become unnecessary except for the few greedy tyrants who remained who wanted more power and resources than necessary..what if they proposed war and no one came?

Anyhow, that's my two or three cents worth.

So...... communism then?

I wouldn't change much from the way we have it here today, with exception to a better and more useful education in schools. I would implement teaching how to manage finances, try to help instill more personal responsibility and values, teach those to contribute what they can (via their own free will) to those who need help, and try to teach tolerance amongst us all.

I'd force those on welfare programs or on disabilities to undergo regular health screenings to determine if those people are capable of work. If they are, then welfare is cut off. By doing this, we should be able to reduce welfare program budgets and utilize those in the betterment of our world.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:47 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
For starters, I'd gather up all the Liberals, SJW's, and precious little snowflakes and give them their own island. There they can tell each other how they think they should live, while the rest of the grown ups move on with their lives.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I would never let the world know they even had an Emperor. I, and a few of my fellow emperor friends, would live in Switzerland, London and Beijing and run the world for our benefit at great cost to those that are not us.

Just like now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies