Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2016, 04:01 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,239 times

Advertisements

Racism is embed in the history and culture of America point blank period it reflects in our educational systems judicial systems and in the job market.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:04 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
Because all the other minorities come from a culture that teaches values for family, for education, for personal responsibility and hard work, respect for authority. Much of Black culture is sorely missing these values.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:07 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Because all the other minorities come from a culture that teaches values for family, for education, for personal responsibility and hard work, respect for authority. Much of Black culture is sorely missing these values.
That's because black culture has been infested with white feminism and integration.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:07 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
There is rich privilege.. Is someone has the money then they have the privilege of going to the country clubs, partying on a private jet, boating in a yacht, and vacationing around the world..

How many poor people get to do this daily? Only the rich and rich comes in all colors.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:14 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Funny thing is there's plenty of people from every group that the OP mentioned that embrace "Black culture", I guess they don't complain about White privilege either. Hmmmm

Old 07-17-2016, 04:17 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
What is this "black culture" everybody is talking about?

In all fairness, most of us live pretty sheltered life, for the longest time, I thought black culture is about respecting their mother. Pretty much every black man I know in my life loves their mom. This is how ignorant some of us can be about other people's culture.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:25 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
What is this "black culture" everybody is talking about?

In all fairness, most of us live pretty sheltered life, for the longest time, I thought black culture is about respecting their mother. Pretty much every black man I know in my life loves their mom. This is how ignorant some of us can be about other people's culture.

They are usually referring to the ghetto culture which only a minority of blacks share:

Black rednecks and white liberals - Thomas Sowell

Old 07-17-2016, 04:27 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
And that is ancient history and has no bearing on today. I didn't bring them over, my parents didn't bring them over, and my grandparents didn't bring them over. And no blacks living today were slaves. If they REALLY want to go back to Africa there is nothing stopping them, but I have a feeling they would rather be here. It's time to stop playing the race card already. No one in this day and age is holding down blacks except blacks.
The time period when blacks were subject to Jim Crow laws and barred from voting are hardly 'ancient history'.

But I suppose it's easy to just wave your hand and say 'get over it' when you're not the one dealing with the generational aftermath of historic racism.

It should be noted that socioeconomic mobility in the US (for ALL races) is actually very low compared to other developed countries, despite the constant meme about the US being a country of 'opportunity' via 'pulling on self up by the bootstraps'. So why pin the blame on blacks, who historically had even more pitted against them, when the country is fundamentally designed in many ways to keep people confined to the circumstances in which they were born?

Last edited by ohhwanderlust; 07-17-2016 at 04:36 PM..

Old 07-17-2016, 04:30 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Thing about these threads is that the majority of posts simply reinforce the societal hatred of black Americans collectively no matter what we do or what we accomplish. We are hated.

As individuals, we as black Americans will continue to work hard, pay our taxes, save and invest our money, educate our children, love our families but we will always understand that our mere presence garners pure hatred for our existence....yet still we rise. Still we survive. I LOVE the beauty, strength and resilience of black people. We are still standing after everything hateful thing that is done to us.

The hatred spewed against us makes us more defiant.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:48 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Why is it that Arabs, Latinos, Indians, or Asians don't believe in white privelege or use it as an excuse for anything? Why is it only blacks? And if whites are racist, why would they only be racist against blacks, but no other races use racism to explain their inequities to whites? Why don't blacks ever compare themselves to other races? Only to whites.
Most of them are too busy working 12-16 hours a day to make ends meet. They have much more in common with white folks than the professional activists with no real world skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies