Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 03:02 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,453,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
@calipoppy @wallstkid

It does no good to express either personal experience or facts or solutions on this board. The P&OC forum is overrun with bigots, racists, instigators, and they can't hear you, and it makes me sick to read some of these comments every single day...

Peace to both of you...
The bigotry is supported fully by the moderators of CD. At any given time there are numerous negative threads about Blacks this forum. If the moderators did not agree, the threads would be closed immediately and the perpetrators would be sent notification. It is also quite apparent that they do not allow the same for any other race, religion or sex.

Once time, I was driving through Waxahachie, TX and I was speeding. A patrolman pulled me over. First thing he said was: "Where are you going so fast, boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?" Now luckily he did not shoot me but the comment was unnecessary and absolutely unprofessional. If he was a "good" cop, he simply would have told me I was speeding and wrote up a ticket.

Anyway, when I heard about the Sandra Bland case, I remembered this incident. All that cop who was on a power trip needed to do was to write up the ticket and let Sandra leave. Hopefully, Karma will take care of him at some point.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:04 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,012,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I don't associate with them. That is my choice. I have never needed law enforcement for anything.
If my stuff was taken, I went and took it back. If my property was harmed I got it settled. If I was harmed, they too were harmed.
Never paid a speeding ticket and I have received many.

Now I get it. you survived the Davidian compound attack...............

Old 07-18-2016, 03:07 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
This is going to end very predictably: cops won't respond to calls involving blacks.

The carnage of blacks killing blacks will only increase.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:09 PM

25,552 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound
You just made my point. I made a reference to an encounter I had with the police.

If you look like a thug you're gonna get more grief from the police, white or black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
What does a violent criminal look like?
You're doing is AGAIN!

Chowhound said "thug". But that wasn't good enough for you, so you changed it to "violent criminal".

We don't know what a violent criminal looks like. We do know what thugs look like. And if you look like a thug then you are going to have problems. People are going to watch you, call the cops on you, be suspicious of you, and when the cops arrive they are going to be suspicious and not like you.

This so terribly unfair and hard to comprehend?

Old 07-18-2016, 03:22 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
The bigotry is supported fully by the moderators of CD. At any given time there are numerous negative threads about Blacks this forum. If the moderators did not agree, the threads would be closed immediately and the perpetrators would be sent notification. It is also quite apparent that they do not allow the same for any other race, religion or sex.

Once time, I was driving through Waxahachie, TX and I was speeding. A patrolman pulled me over. First thing he said was: "Where are you going so fast, boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?" Now luckily he did not shoot me but the comment was unnecessary and absolutely unprofessional. If he was a "good" cop, he simply would have told me I was speeding and wrote up a ticket.

Anyway, when I heard about the Sandra Bland case, I remembered this incident. All that cop who was on a power trip needed to do was to write up the ticket and let Sandra leave. Hopefully, Karma will take care of him at some point.
Good lord. You seriously think that a cop in Waxahachie, TX wakes up in the morning itching to "shoot somebody"?

Old 07-18-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
You obviously cared enough to respond to her thread. PS, Blacks don't have leaders. We aren't a monolithic group of people for the umpteenth time.

It's a shame how folks will cover their ears and bury their hands in the sand to ignore to social injustices that minorities face and then become appalled when people retaliate and expect sympathy.

That's odd...........I thought Obama was a "black leader"

Old 07-18-2016, 03:29 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,280,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
All of the black people that I know are college educated. Most are also professionals. We all work very hard for everything that we have.

So again, what are your ideas or solutions?
Broken record

Old 07-18-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Get Obama out of office asap.

Stop glorifying the hood, gangs, and that lifestyle.

Stop calling successful people "Uncle Toms" or "sell outs". Here's an example right here on CD: http://www.city-data.com/forum/44802775-post2.html

(Edit: Oh look, here's another. http://www.city-data.com/forum/44804029-post17.html

Where is everyone to call these people out on this? I see ONE poster calling them out. ONE. Where's everyone else? Or does everyone else condone this? If you condone it, does it mean you agree? If you do, YOU are a big part of the problem.)

Lilly white liberals need to stop apologizing for being white.

Stop asking whites to pay for something that happened hundreds of years ago.

Stop telling ME that I'M responsible for something that not even my ancestors did!

Stop assuming that 'the majority' of white people are racists.

Stop assuming that when people like me say, "Affirmative Action is actually insulting" that it means I'm racist. It's quite the opposite but some people have been led to have a knee jerk "OMG YOU RACIST" reaction to that instead of even trying to understand why anyone would say that.

Stop assuming that all whites have some sort of privilege. No, the hell we don't.

Stop assuming that just because someone is white, they have never been stopped by law enforcement for bs reasons. Stop assuming that just because someone is white doesn't mean they have never had the joy of being followed in a store to ensure they aren't stealing something. Stop assuming that just because someone is white, other people haven't treated them as if they were lesser beings. It's not always about skin color. Sometimes it's about age. Or how you dress. Really. It really truly is sometimes just because of that, but you can't convince a black person who is hell bent on 'KNOWING' it's because of their black skin that it could be any other possibility because us "whites" will "never understand".

When that happens, you close down all dialogue. If you insist that I'll never understand, why are we talking?

Sums it up very well............

Old 07-18-2016, 03:31 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
You're doing is AGAIN!

Chowhound said "thug". But that wasn't good enough for you, so you changed it to "violent criminal".

We don't know what a violent criminal looks like. We do know what thugs look like. And if you look like a thug then you are going to have problems. People are going to watch you, call the cops on you, be suspicious of you, and when the cops arrive they are going to be suspicious and not like you.

This so terribly unfair and hard to comprehend?
There does seem to be some disconnect between cause and effect. I've brought up hostility, lack of respect and aggression more than once over the past week or so, and it falls on deaf ears.

There's responsibility on both sides of this issue. As long as one side continues to deny that, the problem will never be resolved.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:31 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,453,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
That's odd...........I thought Obama was a "black leader"
That is the problem with certain white folks in the USA. They are obsess with assigning black people a leader. Last I heard, Obama is the President of the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies