Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 07:35 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If you wanna know what messed up the black family, why not ask actual black people? Is that so hard?

Of course, some of you would have to KNOW black people in the first place.

So nevermind! SMH
Ok, black person, what broke up the black family? I'm listening. Actually reading.

The black people I know have pretty stable families. I have to look at statistics instead of anecdoctal evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Yes, the Great Society has wreaked havoc everywhere among all races.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:58 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
The Great Society so called has steered the weak into a take and take from producers mentality that is unhealthy for all involved. The black family has been crushed because the implementation of the GS either by purpose or not has made the black Father more of an inconvenience than a material asset.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:15 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

1. There appears to be a lot of "obsession" about black this and black that--interesting how the subject of responsibility is the only one that irks you.

2. Illegitimacy is the surest route to poverty.
My post had nothing to do with responsibility. Why would you assume it irks me? Oh please do explain.

NOPE Try again.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:30 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Jobs were much easier to come by in 1960, and it wasn't nearly so difficult to realistically start a business.
I think struggling small businesses existed even in the 1960s. Many of the problems in inner cities coincided with the collapse of industry, outsourcing to other countries which led to lack of jobs and securing an economic base for many people. But maybe small businesses didn't have as many hardships then.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:41 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
I think struggling small businesses existed even in the 1960s. Many of the problems in inner cities coincided with the collapse of industry, outsourcing to other countries which led to lack of jobs and securing an economic base for many people. But maybe small businesses didn't have as many hardships then.
I meant the endless regulations and licensing requirements for everything. You need a licence just to braid hair nowadays.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Jobs were much easier to come by in 1960, and it wasn't nearly so difficult to realistically start a business.
Jobs were easier to find for black men in 1960? What jobs...shining shoes?

Old 07-20-2016, 02:54 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
The fact that you "hear criticism of blacks" by the presentation of simple raw data is a bit concerning.

I do not presume to speak for the OP, who very well could have started this thread simply to bad mouth black folks, certainly not unusual here on CD, however I did not see anything to suggest that to be the case in this instance.
The OP's history speaks for itself.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:54 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
No it didn't. Black men not taking responsibility for their kids did.
This is it,nothing more and NOTHING less.

There is a common denominator that people keep missing.

Check this-How come African families that immigrate to America stay intact?
How come a large percentage of biracial children with black dads are OOW?
How come a very large percentage of black men are in prison?

Many will try and spin this on black women,but no.

The black American man is one of the most irresponsible things on this planet.

Lots of problems in the black community-----The violent crime rates,fatherless kids,etc go right back to the supposed head of the family...THE BLACK MAN

BUt like most weak men,they want to blame women for all there problems.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:00 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
I don't know anyone who lived during the Roman Empire, but I could write a pretty strong paper telling you many reasons which led to their fall and ultimate demise. Many of which would have been flat out denied by the Romans if I were to somehow be able to time travel and reason with them about it.

I don't know why this should be any different.
Those who originally wrote about the fall actually had first hand experience with Romans, where as some people on C-D actively admit that they dont know many if any black people personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies