Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 09:05 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't care who did it. Right is right, and wrong is wrong. This was wrong.
Absolutely.. Enough of the race baiting.. Wrong is wrong.. We are 1 people

Old 07-21-2016, 09:06 AM

26,496 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Oh here we go on. Come on cop apologists, bring on the excuses. Did the runaway slave, err I mean the nice black man, didn't put his hands up far enough?
I think you've been brainwashed into demonizing the other side. "Runaway slave?!" Come on.

I've never met anyone that says that 100% of cops are right 100% of the time.

I've heard people say wait for evidence, look at all the evidence, BLM has used lies, etc...but I've never heard anyone say such BS propaganda that you project on to them.

All of this evidence so far suggests this cop will never be a cop again and rightfully so. The poor guy clearly had his hands up in the air. If he was shooting at the autistic guy and missed and hit the therapist's legs that is still horrible. If the cop is not punished severely for this, then that is evidence of institutionalized corruption in that system and I will be upset if it doesn't happen.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:06 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,661 times
This cop was clearly trigger happy and he needs to pay a price, hopefully in a jail cell.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:07 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
That cop should not be a cop if he is that trigger happy. He's fortunate the guy lived.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:09 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I think you've been brainwashed into demonizing the other side. "Runaway slave?!" Come on.

I've never met anyone that says that 100% of cops are right 100% of the time.

I've heard people say wait for evidence, look at all the evidence, BLM has used lies, etc...but I've never heard anyone say such BS propaganda that you project on to them.

All of this evidence so far suggests this cop will never be a cop again and rightfully so. The poor guy clearly had his hands up in the air. If he was shooting at the autistic guy and missed and hit the therapist's legs that is still horrible. If the cop is not punished severely for this, then that is evidence of institutionalized corruption in that system and I will be upset if it doesn't happen.
I'll bet that he is not. We know the police officer that shot and killed Tamir Rice lied about what happened before he knew there was video and had previously been determined to be not mentally capable to be a police officer. He still is.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:13 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times
White guy has a toy truck.

Black guy next to him is laying on the ground with his hands in the air.

Cops mistake the toy truck the white guy is holding... so they shoot the black guy with his hands in the air.

Idiocy piled on top of incompetence, with a dash of racism thrown in...

Old 07-21-2016, 09:14 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,635,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Another shot.....this time for playing with trucks while black.

Prick cop should never be allowed to touch a weapon again.

Yep. What that cop did was disgusting and horrible.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:23 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,665,602 times
I think the reaction that the OP was attempting to garner (race baiting) failed severely here. I haven't seen one white person in this thread try to stand up for the cop and rightfully so. Wrong is wrong no matter the color and this cop was wrong based on the evidence presented. We ARE in agreement more than we all realize. If we could quit focusing on racism for a minute and focus on the real issues (in this instance, an officer who neglected to perform the duties he swore to uphold), we would make progress by leaps and bounds.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:25 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
With the current state of fear I think we will be seeing more shootings like this. It is open season on the police and they are scared. Imagine getting a call from who knows who and you speed to the scene to do your job not knowing who is a good guy a bad guy or if you are being called into an ambush.
Sadly the cops see a black guy and they now think the worse. There is not much difference between city streets in the US and the city streets in the war torn Middle East.
That is now the mentality our cops are facing and since many of them are former military is there a chance that under the current pressure that PTSD could be coming back to haunt them which is making them more inclined to pull that trigger?

Luckily the guy will live and the cop should examined and if the evidence warrants a trial then do it but otherwise he should be put behind a desk.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:32 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
It's all like a bad movie that is writing itself at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies