Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 05:30 PM

50,794 posts, read 24,297,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Democrat's worst nightmare.
No victims no votes.
The Democrat's fondest hope -- people sitting down together and talking and improving the lives of all...instead of someone screaming, "We're gonna take our country back".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 05:42 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If you want to bring people together just fire up some free BBQ.
Word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
This is great but your title is incorrect. Blm and the cops were negotiating before the planned protest and both decided on a cookout.
It is the title of the article, c'mon. It is not incorrect either.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:26 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,120 times
Thanks for sharing this. I loved it, and it means a lot to me because of my job.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:04 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
The Democrat's fondest hope -- people sitting down together and talking and improving the lives of all...instead of someone screaming, "We're gonna take our country back".
Why hasn't Hillary, Soros or President Obama suggested this from the beginning? Instead of supporting riots, violence, against the police.

In this article this Chief is recognizing gangs........something our President & Hillary are refusing to do! Instead, they want to blame white people and legal gun owners.
Wichita police chief Gordon Ramsay takes on

Nice to see the police are finding ways to resolve the violence......when this administration has ignored it and has done more to divide the black community from the police, than to bring them together.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:53 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,427 times
Well said.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:00 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Democrat's worst nightmare.
No victims no votes.
This is why some of you are so impossible to debate with. Claims that Democrats hate America, we root for tragedies etc are just incredibly idiotic and makes everything else you say so easy to dismiss. Stop talking in such extremes and maybe we can have an intelligent discussion.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:01 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,727,849 times
Another one of those "why didn't I think of that " moments.

I wonder what a once a month "Dog and a Brew" local town hall meeting could cost, vs. how many problems could be headed off if this were adopted on a local basis around the country?

Might be a good use of taxpayer $$ for a change.

CN

Old 07-22-2016, 10:13 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Wichita Police Chief Gordon Ramsay...
Man, Chef Ramsey gets around.

I hope that people can see this is a good thing and not start in about how "unprofessional" they think it is that the cops act like humans.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:18 AM

45,366 posts, read 60,546,019 times
And now, the reaction:

Washington, D.C. BLM movement denounces Wichita cookout event | KSN-TV

Old 07-22-2016, 10:20 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,409,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That's awesome! More need to do that. I think if police and communities know each other on a more personal level, people would be more willing to work with them. It would be like Mayberry (Andy Griffith).

More of this would remove the stain from the Black Lives Matter movement and the looseness of the organization. They really need to have a tighter organization to keep the crazies from tainting what really is a needed endeavor. It would build trust on both sides, and could be the answer needed.
Mayberry is NOT coming back. Ever. I hear people saying this and it's just sad.

This was a nice event. But let me say....I work as a fireman. We go to all the violent acts cops handle (paramedics on the fire trucks these days). I have enormous respect for what our brothers in blue do.

But....and this is for all races....our society is full of savages and if savages are loose....Mayberry isn't coming back. Savages don't want community policing. They don't give a crap about cookouts or cops dancing with kids.

Savages want your stuff. Savages want your daughter. And they don't care who gets hurt. Period.

The left....bluntly....is making the job of the savage MUCH EASIER. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies