Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2016, 10:55 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I think you are perhaps right

I wonder what more testing will reveal...

And in more marijuana violence this morning another k9 was stabbed in the neck and chest in another garden raid .. t this dog was flown like the other to a large city for emergency surgery...his current prognosis is critical...I guess that's green plant is worth protecting at the cost of the life of another....
http://www.lakeconews.com/index.php?...est&Itemid=197

I thought marijuana was supposed to make the users peaceful?

Then if you love dogs, you better have the good sense to start advocating for legalizing marijuana in California. After all, I never heard of any dog being killed or hurt over the police having a conflict with an liquor store clerk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 11:07 PM

Quote:
How many drug users in this thread ....not me

That leaves...?

So by default and tacit admission those of you that use and abuse drugs find no limits...

And I know this drives some potheads crazy but I'm doing thirty hours a week on the marijuana eradication taskforce... So all I get to see is just how wonderful marijuana is for my community

For those of you still awake enough ... there are so many statistics out there equating increased marijuana use with crime even a stoner could find them...do I need to spoon feed you everything?
Which one of you would not use honey oil if given the opportunity... Or hasn't already?

Somewhere down the line your marijuana has someone's else's blood on it...do you potheads disagree...?
Not me, either. If I want to get high, I just need to breathe very deep and fast for around 30 seconds. The result it feels real good and doesn't cost a penny. You ought to lighten up and try it.

Old 07-24-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Drugs are an equal opportunity detractor of life. Their use is a sickness and not racial whatsoever
Thanks
So people in chronic pain should stay away from drugs and just learn to tough it out the best they can?

Old 07-24-2016, 11:12 PM

It's was just modern day Reefer Madness. How much longer will some people be highly addicted to it?

Old 07-25-2016, 12:30 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Quote:
Can the sickness possibly be true... It appears so... Poisoning the town's water supply
If this proves out then the act is nothing short of domestic terrorism.

In the last month we have had the following marijuana acts of violence
A murder over marijuana growing by a trimmer and the property owner...the grow was illegal and out of compliance for the "patient" who was growing hundreds of plants under his granny six plant "script"

A shooting at a massive federal lands illegal grow by two illegal aliens...where one **** the other. The cleanup cost of the grow will be in excess of 50,000.00 for the car batteries in the streams the redirection of water and the trash. Typical behavior

A forest fire created to disguise an illegal honey oil lab by a felon

A local agency had its police dog stabbed in the neck from a felon illegally growing marijuana . The dog was rushed by helicopter to emergency surgery and survived... But had to be rehospitalized this past week with complications. If he lives his prognosis for return to duty is tenuous. So sad.

A number of transportation for sales cases of persons transporting large amounts of marijuana for illegal sakes.

The above is the typical behavior one gets with the marijuana trade... People say legality will change that... Garbage.. people will continue to pillage and murder over drugs..all drugs..

Think it's harmless..think again

Poisoning the town's water supply...

Does it get any sicker?

Colorado town finds THC in its water, warns residents not to drink or bathe in it – The Denver Post

I know the dopers will laugh about this... Typical of their disconnect
More propaganda from retired California officer and drug warrior.

All of these circumstances were illegal and in control of criminals.

No difference then prohibition of alcohol.

You don't see these types of crimes happening with illegal alcohol. Oh wait, the illegal alcohol trade is practically nothing. Why? BECAUSE ITS LEGAL.

sincerely,

An active 10 year peace officer

Old 07-25-2016, 05:53 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
More propaganda from retired California officer and drug warrior.

All of these circumstances were illegal and in control of criminals.

No difference then prohibition of alcohol.

You don't see these types of crimes happening with illegal alcohol. Oh wait, the illegal alcohol trade is practically nothing. Why? BECAUSE ITS LEGAL.

sincerely,

An active 10 year peace officer
Seems to me drugs detract and affect the moral compass of people.. short circuiting it...

Don't you agree

Now as an alleged active member of law enforcement you are sworn to uphold all laws..faithfully impartially and without personal bias...

Convoluted?

Yes. ...it's very apparent...

I'll be on those 2000 complaints this year before I'm done young gun...perhaps you could learn something...perhaps you'll never know.

I will always seek out people who DON'T use drugs and have all their faculties on straight

I think you are also kidding yourself about legalization...you probably like me haven't written a mj cite in years..for me more than 20... The people I deal with are purveyors of death... Not some pathetic individual toking up in the privacy of their home... No.. those people have nothing to fear for more than twenty years in California.

So...when you stop a car after some magic legalization. .and you smell the strong odor of what you suspect to be marijuana..based upon your training and expertise and perhaps from your public stance personal use at some point in your life...do you let them go because somehow the magic weed is legal....

You enter a home on a call..any call.. and you observe mj growing ..now it's legal...magically...then you open the garage. It's been converted to a grow room..do you close the door and say have a nice day?..doubtful..now and twenty years post any legalization if it happens. Doubtful

There is no war on drugs..what a joke. A catchy slogan under Nancy Regan... Nope..same stuff different day..chasing crooks and dirtbags...have they..have you lost moral compass..forgotten the oath.. if so it puts one in a dilemma .

This week I'll do more in my thirty hours improving the quality of life in my community directly related to drugs than anyone on here...makes me ...happy.

How about you?

Now...from overnight...the men and women who work tirelessly to protect our communities did a great job...taking thirty pounds..I know a pittance... Off a simple traffic stop..driving without headlights...happens when that pesky thc remains in the system in high amounts... Hey..double meaning words are funny don't you think?

I leave you my friend with this... Perhaps you aren't a grow area yet... Lets see what happens...

And let's be safe out there..dealing with DRUGSters is ALWAYS unpredictable...ALL DRUGS

As you age and become wiser you will..like me realize there is no good expansion of drug use...humans will always seek the extremes..and then you'll get a weekly honey oil fire like us.. and a complaint daily...or in our case about six per day...adding to your workload...I guess a slug wouldn't care...hard chargers who carry the load and that's always been twenty percent of us...do

I invite any drug purveyor to go to the California forum and read the thread on legalization... Some very good argurmrnts on both sides.

Last edited by notmeofficer; 07-25-2016 at 06:01 AM..

Old 07-25-2016, 12:37 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I have rarely heard of MJ users becoming violent. Most just sit around and not bother anyone else. I cannot say the same for the drunks.

I have heard a lot about the people dong business in the illegal MJ, and opiate, trade becoming violent. The violence is generally over businesses issues like failing to pay for the shipment, trying to drive others out of "your" territory, and enforcing trade monopolies. The biggest problem will illegal business is there is no way to settle differences without using violence. As much as some of us do not like business law and lawyers involved they are much less expensive, and fatal, than hiring professional thugs.

I believe open legal trade in the currently illegal drugs would not only reduce violence it would reduce usage because it would no longer be as attractive to new users.

What I would like to see in the legal pharmaceutical trade is for another discussion.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:10 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,152 times
Quote:
Seems to me drugs detract and affect the moral compass of people.. short circuiting it...

Don't you agree

Now as an alleged active member of law enforcement you are sworn to uphold all laws..faithfully impartially and without personal bias...

Convoluted?

I'll be on those 2000 complaints this year before I'm done young gun...perhaps you could learn something...perhaps you'll never know.

I will always seek out people who DON'T use drugs and have all their faculties on straight

I think you are also kidding yourself about legalization...you probably like me haven't written a mj cite in years..for me more than 20... The people I deal with are purveyors of death... Not some pathetic individual toking up in the privacy of their home... No.. those people have nothing to fear for more than twenty years in California.

So...when you stop a car after some magic legalization. .and you smell the strong odor of what you suspect to be marijuana..based upon your training and expertise and perhaps from your public stance personal use at some point in your life...do you let them go because somehow the magic weed is legal....

You enter a home on a call..any call.. and you observe mj growing ..now it's legal...magically...then you open the garage. It's been converted to a grow room..do you close the door and say have a nice day?..doubtful..now and twenty years post any legalization if it happens. Doubtful

There is no war on drugs..what a joke. A catchy slogan under Nancy Regan... Nope..same stuff different day..chasing crooks and dirtbags...have they..have you lost moral compass..forgotten the oath.. if so it puts one in a dilemma .

This week I'll do more in my thirty hours improving the quality of life in my community directly related to drugs than anyone on here...makes me ...happy.

How about you?

Now...from overnight...the men and women who work tirelessly to protect our communities did a great job...taking thirty pounds..I know a pittance... Off a simple traffic stop..driving without headlights...happens when that pesky thc remains in the system in high amounts... Hey..double meaning words are funny don't you think?

I leave you my friend with this... Perhaps you aren't a grow area yet... Lets see what happens...

And let's be safe out there..dealing with DRUGSters is ALWAYS unpredictable...ALL DRUGS

As you age and become wiser you will..like me realize there is no good expansion of drug use...humans will always seek the extremes..and then you'll get a weekly honey oil fire like us.. and a complaint daily...or in our case about six per day...adding to your workload...I guess a slug wouldn't care...hard chargers who carry the load and that's always been twenty percent of us...do

I invite any drug purveyor to go to the California forum and read the thread on legalization... Some very good argurmrnts on both sides.
You need to lay off the ... and random capitalization. And work on your grammar. This was damn near impossible to comprehend.

I'm going to ask you a very simple question: do you think someone with a steady job who smokes pot in their basement on the weekends is a criminal?

Before you answer, know this: I will take notice if you deflect and start talking about another situation. I'm not stupid. If you do this, I will know that you are avoiding the question because it makes you uncomfortable. The question is simple. Do you think drug use, for personal use, assuming they do so responsibly, needs to be a crime? And why? Don't bring up dealers and gangs. Just this single example of a person who smokes pot. Should they be charged with a crime?

Old 07-25-2016, 01:18 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
You need to lay off the ... and random capitalization. And work on your grammar. This was damn near impossible to comprehend.

I'm going to ask you a very simple question: do you think someone with a steady job who smokes pot in their basement on the weekends is a criminal?

Before you answer, know this: I will take notice if you deflect and start talking about another situation. I'm not stupid. If you do this, I will know that you are avoiding the question because it makes you uncomfortable. The question is simple. Do you think drug use, for personal use, assuming they do so responsibly, needs to be a crime? And why? Don't bring up dealers and gangs. Just this single example of a person who smokes pot. Should they be charged with a crime?
I've been reading this guy's posts for some time now. Good luck with getting a straight answer.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:43 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Quote:

Don't you agree

Convoluted?

How about you?

Moral compass? Anyone can use cannabis or alcohol responsibly

There's this little thing called officer discretion.

Actually have given NTAs to criminals for cannabis and have arrested some that have been caught more than once. 95 percent of them get a warning and are sent on their way.

Stopping a car with smell of cannabis? How about stopping a car with smell of liqour? Use the law accordingly. DUI. OPEN CONTAINER. CONSUMPTION IN A VEHICLE.

Grow houses on calls? How many illegal alcohol operations have you found in your career? Again use the law accordingly. If An officer saw a garage full of everclear and it appeared like an illegal operation, then use the law accordingly.

WHEN CANNABIS IS LEGAL EVERYWHERE YOU WONT HAVE THE PROBLEMS YOU HAVE WITH PROHI ITON
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies