Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 03:29 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Sure, guns should be sold without questions asked. I am sure nothing bad would come from that...
"Gee, I can't buy a gun so I must do no killing!" said by no one in the history of mankind!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 03:30 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Then every day in America would be Ok Corral! Americans talk so badazz about having guns and because they have guns. Ohhhhhhh so big and bad with your gun!! Whatever happened to fighting like a man? That's TRUE toughness, at least it was
You know why people don't fight like a man anymore? Because those who did were all dead!

Old 07-22-2016, 04:03 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
Do you suppose that whoever stole my gun out of my locked car, went and had a background check?

Old 07-22-2016, 04:05 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
Do you suppose that whoever stole my gun out of my locked car, went and had a background check?
That seems like a careless place to keep your gun....especially since you let someone steal it from you.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:12 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Could anybody help me to understand why people don't realize this? If we do a survey, over 90% of Americans would support background check.

"Gee, I can't buy a gun so I must do no killing!" Said by no one in the history of mankind!

If a person is so dangerous that we don't trust them with a firearm, why do we even let that person walk outside of prison or hospital?

Instead, we spend billions on background check while the bad guys are happily running around, raping and murdering people with and without guns.
It isn't about making anyone safer... it's all about getting the names and addresses of every weapons owner so it'll make it easier to confiscate. They will pick off gun owners one at a time, so there will be no defense in the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
Quote:
That seems like a careless place to keep your gun....especially since you let someone steal it from you.
I guess all cops are careless then.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
It isn't about making anyone safer... it's all about getting the names and addresses of every weapons owner so it'll make it easier to confiscate. They will pick off gun owners one at a time, so there will be no defense in the end.
So when will confiscation finally start? They have been collecting names for a long time now.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:31 PM

18,459 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
So when will confiscation finally start? They have been collecting names for a long time now.
Not until they can do it all nice and legal.

Just because they haven't done widespread confiscation yet doesn't mean that they don't want to or won't when the time comes that all legal obstacles are removed.

Look what they did in New Orleans after Katrina.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Not until they can do it all nice and legal.

Just because they haven't done widespread confiscation yet doesn't mean that they don't want to or won't when the time comes that all legal obstacles are removed.

Look what they did in New Orleans after Katrina.
After Katrina was nothing more than some poorly informed officers trying to do something no one authorized them to do.

I am betting I will die of old age before this so called widespread confiscation ever happens.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:38 PM

18,459 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
After Katrina was nothing more than some poorly informed officers trying to do something no one authorized them to do.

I am betting I will die of old age before this so called widespread confiscation ever happens.
Depends on what happens with the Supreme Court.

Overturning the 2nd amendment isn't likely with needing 38 states to ratify.

But a Liberal activist court interpreting the amendment differently could have a similar effect.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Depends on what happens with the Supreme Court.

Overturning the 2nd amendment isn't likely with needing 38 states to ratify.

But a Liberal activist court interpreting the amendment differently could have a similar effect.
I doubt it, like I said, I will be dying of old age before this so called widespread confiscation ever happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies