Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 12:53 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,456,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Why did he target Muslims specifically in the mall?
Just read an article about it.

It said he was born in Munich of Iranian parents. Rather than attending "regular" school he was sent to a "Turks and Arabs" school where he was bullied (didn't say why.)

He was heard shouting "I am German" during the shooting. There's already been discussion that he may have had problems with depression and was receiving counseling.

Totally my opinion--Kind of sounded like he just wanted to assimilate and be a regular German, but was being pushed via the segregated school (and maybe his parents?) to stay solely within his ethnic group.

Sad for everyone involved.

Article (in German) here. Amokläufer von München: 18-Jähriger erschoss sich nach Polizeikontakt | Aktuell Deutschland | DW.COM | 23.07.2016
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 02:01 PM

142 posts, read 72,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
In a country with 17 million people you were able to find one recreational shooting range and the rest of your search is for a pizza tent and Sissy Boy which if you know the Netherlands is a clothing store for women.

So a bullet in the head is not hard for you to determine where the bullet came from and who fired it and easy to know within hours that the person named Ali is not an Islamic terrorist!

Wonderful German cover up like we see nowadays more and more when governments don't like the source of the crime!

You as an anti gun activist have to do better to prove what you claim on this forum about European gun laws.

Have you ever been in Europe? I guess not!
I googled 'gun stores in netherlands', and the link I posted was the search result. I am not in habit of spoon-feeding information to people who are too lazy to google it themselves.

Are you trying to argue there are no gun stores in Holland, or is there some other point you are trying to make? If yes, then what is your point?

What makes you think I am an anti-gun activist? I own many firearms, and have a carry permit. You sure like to jump into conclusions.

Yes, I lived in Europe about 20 years, and have dual citizenship.

Last edited by Foot_J; 07-23-2016 at 02:36 PM..

Old 07-23-2016, 05:03 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas1973 View Post
Stupid comment. It wasn't a terrorist attack. It was "just" a killing spree from a frustrated and retarded teenager. He was also a fan of shoot'-em-up video games.

The crime was neither islamistic nor right-wing extremistic motivated.
Well, a mall is a place where people work.

Let's throw this one in the ol' workplace violence file and csll it another day.

Who wants to go to Happy Hour?

Old 07-23-2016, 06:49 PM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Something needs to be done. This monster targeted children as well.

A message posted online in Arabic, apparently from an Islamic State account, said: “Nowhere is safe for all of you. You people have opened the doors of hell by declaring war on us.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...e6a_story.html

These idiotic politicians only care about themselves, now Germany is officially a war zone.

I didn't see that quote in your article, Islamic State Account, huh? Syria and Iraq are war zones where a few thousand are killed in a month, nine killed Munich does not equal a war zone..

You need to get a grip and yes "we need to do something", let's open more mental health facilities or maybe we can ban crazy people from fast food restaurants.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:00 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I didn't see that quote in your article, Islamic State Account, huh? Syria and Iraq are war zones where a few thousand are killed in a month, nine killed Munich does not equal a war zone..

You need to get a grip and yes "we need to do something", let's open more mental health facilities or maybe we can ban crazy people from fast food restaurants.
Then you better get your eye checked or re-read

From that article, 12th paragraph

A message posted online in Arabic, apparently from an Islamic State account, said: “Nowhere is safe for all of you. You people have opened the doors of hell by declaring war on us.”

[Tracing the path of terrorists sent to Europe by ISIS]

Hey, if you don't agree with that article, don't shoot the messenger, ME.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:

You need to get a grip and yes "we need to do something", let's open more mental health facilities or maybe we can ban crazy people from fast food restaurants
Bolded is your idea, not mine.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
nine killed Munich does not equal a war zone..

Maybe you need to find somebody else to fight with, just a thought.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Then you better get your eye checked or re-read

From that article, 12th paragraph

[Tracing the path of terrorists sent to Europe by ISIS]

Hey, if you don't agree with that article, don't shoot the messenger, ME.

Oh an online post from ISIS is now taken a reason to hide under your bed, looks like they are winning the propaganda war and we are doing the best to help them.

Claims of a "war zone" that is laughable by any standard.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Oh an online post from ISIS is now taken a reason to hide under your bed, looks like they are winning the propaganda war and we are doing the best to help them.

Claims of a "war zone" that is laughable by any standard.
You said, you did not find that quote from the article i provided. Now you did.

Like i said, maybe it is time for you to find somebody else to argue with.

9 people were killed, that is a war zone definition to me. If you don't agree, well, we can always agree to disagree. Glad you found it entertaining. Who said about hide under the bed? Maybe it is time for you to stop making up stories or putting words in people's mouth.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
You said, you did not find that quote from the article i provided. Now you did.

Like i said, maybe it is time for you to find somebody else to argue with.

9 people died, that is a war zone definition to me. If you don't agree, well, we can always agree to disagree. Glad you found it entertaining.
That is not a war zone, if that is the definition we have a new war zone every month in the US.

I think this is a tragic event, just take issue with the hyperbole on this thread.

By the way you stated we should do something, solutions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies