Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 10:40 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,903,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
War is hell!

All I know is, that oppressed people will eventually fight back.
Indeed, cops and blacks are now at war (literally). Is part of you pleased with this??

Your second sentence is just pure silliness.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:11 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Some C.D. posters would be happier if the cop was killed.

Hillary would not care........

Old 07-27-2016, 12:51 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
That's a stupid argument.
It's same as if you pay for food in a restaurent and food is bad, you can't complain the cook because the cook can say ,"Oh you don't like my cooking? Cook yourself".
No, that's stupid comment.
Cook is paid to cook good food.
Similary, we pay cops to train and protect us.
If they don't do their job properly, they can't say "Oh you don't like how we shoot people? Come you shoot yourself".
Stupid answer.
Answer should be "Sorry, we'll try to improve how we do things and punish those who didn't do the job right", not "Oh you are the expert, come you do our job".

I'm no fan of cops, but in response:
No it's not a stupid argument, it;s only stupid to you cause you're being called out on your apparent perfection-overall criticsm is one thing but constantly, saying what they should have done over and over leads to being asked to do it better yourself. When you don't just criticize, but tell them exactly how to do every part of their job, it's like you're the expert, show us, since they obviously can;t do it your way (which apparently is the only right way). Go to Chef Gordon Ramsey and not just say you don;t like his meal, but tell him exactly how to prepare every meal, every day, and how to handle every difficult customer. You come off looking like a know-it-all, and like a blowhard when you lack the skills and courage to do it yourself since apparently NO COPS in 'Murica ever handle a rough situation the Mystery123 way-which is the ONLY correct way, I guess.
But then again, maybe there truly ARE people that know how to do everything right all the time.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:54 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,285,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I'm no fan of cops, but in response:
No it's not a stupid argument, it;s only stupid to you cause you're being called out on your apparent perfection-overall criticsm is one thing but constantly, saying what they should have done over and over leads to being asked to do it better yourself. When you don't just criticize, but tell them exactly how to do every part of their job, it's like you're the expert, show us, since they obviously can;t do it your way (which apparently is the only right way). Go to Chef Gordon Ramsey and not just say you don;t like his meal, but tell him exactly how to prepare every meal, every day, and how to handle every difficult customer. You come off looking like a know-it-all, and like a blowhard when you lack the skills and courage to do it yourself since apparently NO COPS in 'Murica ever handle a rough situation the Mystery123 way-which is the ONLY correct way, I guess.
But then again, maybe there truly ARE people that know how to do everything right all the time.
I never said they can do everything right all the time.
They need to but mistakes happen but those stupid ones don't get any punishment.
That's what I'm complaining about.
Cop has thousands in their union or so called gang and few are bad obviously and there will always be few bad ones.
BUT, the BIG BUT is those bad ones do bad thing and get away again and again and the union protects them as a gang member instead of punishing them so in turn overall department looks bad.
Anger against cop as a whole is brought upon by the cops themselves whether good or bad because the good ones also protect and defend their criminal cops.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:05 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
I hear that that backpack will be speaking at the DNC convention tonight who will no doubt bash Donald Trump for carrying a briefcase...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies