Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 03:04 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
are you willing to put more money into welfare to help these (most of the time anyway) single mothers so that these kids truly have the right to life? A right to a good life, not to one in the adoption agencies with significantly higher risk for severe mental illness and crimes? Or do you only support the pregnancy?

Maybe you should change your status to pro-embryo, and anti-poor lives.
Those who want to help others should. Those that wish to force others to help others are thugs and tyrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 03:06 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I am a born into lifelong Democrat and KNOW there is corruption in both parties but all in all I want the Dem principles in MY life. I detest the ongoing wars and killings of innocent people BUT want my women's rights for my body. Don't want a old man telling me what I can or cannot do with my body, in any way.

Democrat vs Republican - Difference and Comparison | Diffen
old men are running this country, monsanto and other huge companies who have bought and paid for your lovely democrats are the ones 'telling' you what you'll eat and how you'll live.

old men.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:07 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Principles? You have to be human first.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:09 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
No old men in the repubs? I can think of a few very fast.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:26 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
And as far as the U.S. invading Iraq, destroying their country and killing who knows how many innocent children and parents...and then finding all the info about NO weapons of mass destruction and the 9/11 freaks supposedly guilty for all that damage were saudi's, friends of the bush's....

That was all OK, huh....killing all their children with our massive weapons.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:19 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,806,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Those who want to help others should. Those that wish to force others to help others are thugs and tyrants.
So let me get this straight, since it's so clear you don't want to help others....

That fellow Americans, children and babies at best, become the victims of constant mental and emotional trauma that comes from adoption agencies, putting them towards violence and crime? We have an overburdened system.

Do you REALLY not care about other people in OUR country?

Old 07-22-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
No, I am willing to pay for medical contraceptives for welfare recipients. If they cannot pay for themselves they should not have a right to charge us for yet another person on the toll because they are irresponsible
And for every 1 in 100 when those contraceptives fail and create an embryo, every 2 in 100 or more depending on the contraceptive, by not allowing abortion as a possibility you allow babies to still be born into the system and unwanted, many never knowing what it's like to be part of a loving family.

I felt that the separation of church and state, and our Bill of Rights, made it possible for me and every other American in this country to not suffer from LEGAL constraints, imposed by the morals of others that we not share. If we do not hurt another LIVING human being, it should not be illegal or banned.

Tell me how if some stranger in say, Hawaii, gets an abortion it affects you. I want to know how it affects you, since it bugs you so much obviously it must hurt you personally.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:33 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
So let me get this straight, since it's so clear you don't want to help others....

That fellow Americans, children and babies at best, become the victims of constant mental and emotional trauma that comes from adoption agencies, putting them towards violence and crime? We have an overburdened system.

Do you REALLY not care about other people in OUR country?
Not at all. I am happy to help out my family, friends, neighbors when I can. Charity is a beautiful thing.

However, theft and extortion perpetrated upon some for the benefit of others through acts of government aggression, violence, and coercion is evil and immoral.

Charity is charity. Extortion is extortion.

If people want to form voluntary charities for their particular interests, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If people want to use government guns to force other people to donate to their "charities", then that is a completely different story. Thugs and tyrants are not charitable, they are simply thugs and tyrants.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Not at all. I am happy to help out my family, friends, neighbors when I can. Charity is a beautiful thing.

However, theft and extortion perpetrated upon some for the benefit of others through acts of government aggression, violence, and coercion is evil and immoral.

Charity is charity. Extortion is extortion.

If people want to form voluntary charities for their particular interests, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If people want to use government guns to force other people to donate to their "charities", then that is a completely different story. Thugs and tyrants are not charitable, they are simply thugs and tyrants.
You are trying to spin this onto economics when frankly it has nothing to do with that. I mention pouring more money into welfare in the first place because I'm trying to prove that being pro-life is really being pro-embryo and f*ck poor people. "F*ck anyone who will never get a chance to have a loving family". This is the outcome of most children whose parents wanted them aborted but couldn't do it because of legal constraints. That's what being pro-life is about, to be pro-life is hypocritical when you won't even help the lives of people who already share this Earth with us. Because I don't know anyone who is against abortions but also helping all of our youth see better lives and outcomes, which will reduce our crime rates and give us a better society. These kids cannot work, they cannot earn the money legally to provide a good life for themselves, so what else are they supposed to do? They have no families to do it for them.

You can't say you are pro-life and then drive past adoption agencies every day, live within the vicinity of adoption agencies, and turn a cold shoulder on those poor kids. THAT is the definition of a hypocrite. When you are against abortion and vote in favor of that you help to increase that population every day in this country, which will overburden the system and take more tax money, when it should be decreasing. All those poor kids wishing they had a family who would take them in and love them, and yet pro-lifers won't do anything to help them because pro-lifers only care about controlling women's reproductive organs as if they are public property. To be pro-life means you are anti-children AND anti-women, we should be aiming for the best qualify of life for all of America's youth, allowing women who don't want children to get an abortion will ensure one less unhappy life in this country. And we should be aiming for women to have the rights to their own organs.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:20 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
An unborn child is not a part of its mother's body. It has a separate and unique DNA. It is not attached to the mother, but to the placenta. It has its own blood, its own heart, its own organs, etc.
OMG..This statement above BBM~~ totally explains so much silly, nonsensical pandering that somehow low level folks believe...

So by the above..This cell cluster is somehow a masterful self instructed by Cell cluster ..because there is NO connection to whomever feeds that culture of cells with nutrients..You know the maternal uterus..with Placenta embedded in said uterus..NON-attached..THUS needs protection....

Hate to say..Stuff like above doesn't surprise me at all with how planned parenthood haters and women's rights are being constantly defunded and demeaned.... YET Birth Control to intervene in such implantation of such is somehow an abominations..as interferes..LOL Yepp...Some rapist..or drunk person who impregnated a women..must be allowed to do so!!

I find above actually silly and ignorant of simple biology..never mind Civil rights and Laws in place since Roe vs Wade ..Geesh...

Have no idea how old above person is..But surely explains WHY their's such beliefs!!! Hope @Retroit, you realize that without host uterus ..that cluster of cells will NOT survive...then again..wouldn't count on that one bit~~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies