Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 12:03 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,280,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What does your link claim to be the reason for the attack?
A possible lover's quarrel. Both the killer and victim are immigrants working in a fast food restaurant near Stuttgart. They were arguing in the restaurant, the fight spilled out into the street, and he stabbed the coworker to death. The killer also had a criminal record, and was known to police. Also coworkers said the victim recently broke off the relationship.

A tragedy, yes. But there is zero indication this is related to ISIS or something. It actually sounds like typical murders around the world. Some angry, scorned dude killing his woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 12:06 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,466,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
So are the NRA gun nuts going to report every single criminal incident in Germany going forward, trying desperately to tie them all to ISIS, all while ignoring the 100x more crime in the U.S.?
Quote:
But you ARE burying your heads in the sand. You're ignoring all the crime in the U.S., while reporting on countries with practically no crime.

And what "lying and deflecting"? These are the facts-

Does Germany have lots of crime? No

Does Germany have lots of immigrant-related crime? No

Does the U.S. have lots of crime? Yes

That's all you need to know. The fact that you will post one crime in Germany while ignoring 100 crimes in the U.S., and try and tie that one crime into stupid talking points about Merkel and immigrants and gun control shows you have no intellectual honestly whatsoever. You have an agenda and no need for facts.
Quote:
Um, there are around 5 million migrants/recent immigrants in Germany.

If there are really three such violent incidents per week among migrants/immigrants, then they are actually lowering the crime rate in Germany, because that is a tiny crime rate, lower than that of the Germans. That's basically twice the population of Chicago with only three violent crimes a week.

How long do you think it takes to hit three violent crimes in Chicago? Five minutes? I guess we need to deport everyone in Chicago, because the crime rate isn't zero.

And where are these "three incidents"? The Munich attack had nothing to do with immigrants. What are you even referring to? I see one attack, not related to Islam or terrorism.
Quote:
What is your point? Whether or not gun applications have risen has nothing to do with anything.

Germany has strict gun laws, and very low crime. No one wants to ban guns, in Germany or the U.S.
So how many times are we going to say there are more violent crimes?

The FBI reported a total of 1,203,564 violent crimes, equivalent to a violent crime rate of 386.3 per 100,000 population.

The BKA reported a total of 775,204 violent crimes, as nearly as I can compare the basis for both the FBI and BKA numbers. That amounts to a German violent crime rate of 967.5 per 100,000. That is 2.5 times the United States violent crime victimization rate.

http://extranosalley.com/us-versus-germany-crime-rates/

If you are going to repeat the same thing that many times in a thread at least be correct.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:07 PM

142 posts, read 72,525 times
Quote:
What does your link claim to be the reason for the attack?
Open it, and hit "translate".

Old 07-24-2016, 12:32 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,521,102 times
Quote:
A possible lover's quarrel. Both the killer and victim are immigrants working in a fast food restaurant near Stuttgart. They were arguing in the restaurant, the fight spilled out into the street, and he stabbed the coworker to death. The killer also had a criminal record, and was known to police. Also coworkers said the victim recently broke off the relationship.

A tragedy, yes. But there is zero indication this is related to ISIS or something. It actually sounds like typical murders around the world. Some angry, scorned dude killing his woman.
I never once said he was a rerrorist or it was ISIS related:

Quote:
Going exclusively from the single post by the OP, I am willing to wager the attacker was either a ME immigrant or a Muslim convert.

Anyone want to place a bet with me?
A large number of ME Muslims see women as their property. So, his origin and religion is still relevant.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:16 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,541,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Right, because owning a gun is as bad as putting a person in a cage, dousing him with gasoline and setting him on fire.

You continue to downplay what's going on in other countries. The sexual assaults alone are bad enough. The fact that Jews born in France have been fleeing the country because they've been targeted, and the closing of borders of other countries inform those with common sense of the problems that exist.

Please educate yourself on the subject and quit trying to convince everyone the NRA is a huge problem while refugees are not.
I still can't rep you but right on!

NOLA sounds like Goebbels.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:22 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,403,515 times
Correction someone inform me that this killer was German and Syrian. I heard Iranian and gone by what I heard on 3 different news station, I stand corrected, if I am wrong. Just going by what I heard while working always working 24/7/

Old 07-24-2016, 01:25 PM

30,697 posts, read 21,836,679 times
Quote:
But you ARE burying your heads in the sand. You're ignoring all the crime in the U.S., while reporting on countries with practically no crime.

And what "lying and deflecting"? These are the facts-

Does Germany have lots of crime? No

Does Germany have lots of immigrant-related crime? No

Does the U.S. have lots of crime? Yes

That's all you need to know. The fact that you will post one crime in Germany while ignoring 100 crimes in the U.S., and try and tie that one crime into stupid talking points about Merkel and immigrants and gun control shows you have no intellectual honestly whatsoever. You have an agenda and no need for facts.
Of course, there is lots of crime in the US, and as you see it is growing in some areas, but not all.

Chicago's murder rate soars 72% in 2016; shootings up more than 88%

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/60352...nseen-43-years

http://6abc.com/news/philadelphia-vi...e-rise/927865/

There is an increase in violent crime among immigrants in Europe too.

Rapes, sexual assaults by migrants increase dramatically in Germany and Sweden

Old 07-24-2016, 01:28 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,403,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
nothing to see here - no doom and gloom, just keep your head buried in the sand like libs do. the real problem according to them is the NRA. not Islamic terror.

Let me tell you something LOUD AND CLEAR! MY HEAD is not buried in the sand but quite obvious on this forum some posters head is buried up their arse!

Old 07-24-2016, 01:32 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,558,921 times
just another normal day in Germanistan.

I guess this is what the Germans really want.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:41 PM

19,779 posts, read 12,024,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Correction someone inform me that this killer was German and Syrian. I heard Iranian and gone by what I heard on 3 different news station, I stand corrected, if I am wrong. Just going by what I heard while working always working 24/7/
This one from the machete attack today was a Syrian refugee. The previous attack, yesterday or day before was Iranian born in Germany, iirc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies