Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 05:07 AM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I notice when something racist is said on social media or it general by whites and it gets a lot of backlash, whites then talk about political correctness and not having freedom of speech.

Whites do make it seem like they're the only group "effected" by this so-called political correctness? Aren't non-whites affected by it as well?
Well different races are effected by PC in different ways. Whites can't say the N word, blacks can, etc...

I bring up PC more in terms of liberals dangerously denying reality in regards to radical Muslim terrorists who read their holy words literally. How can we solve the problem when liberals insist the discussion be framed around lies to avoid offending?

I.E. there are still liberals insisting that the Nice France terrorist was a lone wolf who lashed out for non-Islamic reasons despite:

-he had 5 radical Muslims who encouraged it
-he planned it for a year
-he posted radical Muslim things online
-he watched a lot of ISIS propaganda
-he screamed Allahu Akbar during it
-Islam teaches that martyrs get guaranteed heaven even if they didn't live a good Muslim life and babes in heaven thus incentivizing terrorism.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:27 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
I notice when something racist is said on social media or it general by whites and it gets a lot of backlash, whites then talk about political correctness and not having freedom of speech.

Whites do make it seem like they're the only group "effected" by this so-called political correctness? Aren't non-whites affected by it as well?
" Why do whites talk about political correctness a lot?"

Because there is a LOT of it!

"Whites do make it seem like they're the only group "effected""

I disagree with your premise.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:37 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:

Not speaking for all white people but most of us know being politically correct includes all races, genders, ethnic groups, religions, sexual tendencies, etc.

White people are more apt to discuss being pc because we've been lectured / educated / talked to about it for twenty years. I'm not sure other groups have gotten it drilled into them as much as we've had.

Having said that, it's a thing that's good in some ways, bad in others. Good because we should be sensitive to all people, not say anything rude or crude, and all of that.

Bad because of the extreme it brought about when a very innocent thing could be said or done with the outcome of being accused of practicing some form 'ism'. For a while, even holding a door open for a woman was considered sexism by some, for example.

It also means you can't ever judge anyone for anything, which doesn't help to keep society very healthy, in my opinion.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:37 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:

Whitey... Whitey... Whitey
Because *****gga's are never politically correct.

I'm armed, I don't have to be politically correct to the limp wristed snowflakes.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:36 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
PC culture is repeating the nonsensical; "Islam is a religion of peace", even when everyone knows it's not.
Problem is most people don't know the rest of the sentence. Islam is a religion of peace when it's done in their perspective of it.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:36 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Whitey... Whitey... Whitey
Because *****gga's are never politically correct.

I'm armed, I don't have to be politically correct to the limp wristed snowflakes.
Lol...you used a few too many stars. Stop try'na be cute.

And no one cares if you're armed. Giving you a gun is the best way to ensure that it isn't used.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:40 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,258 times
Political correctness is a way for the Left to control what people think and say. For example, it's not politically correct to describe people by their skin color which is why the San Bernandino bombers were able to openly plot their attack without being caught. Several white neighbors saw suspicious looking Arab people coming and going from the attackers' apartment, but instead of alerting the police, they didn't say anything because they feared being called racists.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:54 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Quote:

They don't like being called out on their racism and their aholishness.

Old 07-25-2016, 12:00 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
When you "notice when something racist is said on social media or it general by whites" is it racist if it is factually true?

For example, blacks always have lower SAT scores than other races, are far more prone to commit violent crimes than other races and have a sky-high rate of illegitimacy.
No. Facts, in and of themselves are not racist. You thinking that you are innately superior, is racist. Because you're not (innately superior).

Old 07-25-2016, 12:06 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Wow, you've got quite a bizarrely inverted, tail wags the dog view of the world. Trump is the first major politician to make anti-PC a central theme and he's a very recent phenomenon.
Well Trump wasn't the first to crow about being politically incorrect. He's just more overt about it, and louder.

Limbaugh, Beck, Savage and those shock jocks have made that a feature of their discourse for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies