Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 06:55 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
For years I guess I thought I was part of the silent majority. When elections came and went I wondered where this silent majority was. People I worked with and befriended all spoke about being tired of the abuse and unaccountability of government yet it continued for decades to get us where we are today.

When Trump began his candidacy I was glad to see someone dissing the PC culture of politics. I voted for him in the primaries. State after state more people got on board and now he is our Republican Nominee!!! My faith in humanity has been restored to find out that I was not alone in the endless sea of Liberalism that has become our new America. Thank God we will soon see values and conservatism TRUMP over the mindless waste, corruption and give me attitude of so many Dems...

Prayers are being answered and I cannot pull myself away from the news!!!!
I think the best thing Trump has done is bring the renegotiation of "Free Trade Deals" to the forefront. One thing we should all agree on is the crushing our unions and exporting our jobs via these "Free Trade Deals" hurts our Middle & Working classes. Prior to Trump, no one had seriously brought this issue into the public consciousness.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:03 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
"I've already made more money than these know it all's for the year already"

What a joke.

Is it 1983 again?

Are we supposed to start worshiping J.R. Ewing again?

Any adult that STILL THINKS that the amount of money one makes in a year matters in any way shape or form......

Is an Idiot.

No one cares how much you make or if it is more than someone else.....are you an adult?

"my dad can beat up your dad"

P.S.- It's only a competition if the other people agree that they are competing with you.
Just remember who is paying the bills is all I ask. Democratic freeloaders aren't even saying thank you.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:15 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I think the best thing Trump has done is bring the renegotiation of "Free Trade Deals" to the forefront. One thing we should all agree on is the crushing our unions and exporting our jobs via these "Free Trade Deals" hurts our Middle & Working classes. Prior to Trump, no one had seriously brought this issue into the public consciousness.
Were you not around during the 2008 for Hope and Change? Remember that large economic crisis that dominated political platforms in 2008?

Apparently America responds better when a fat, white male says it. Or maybe you folks shouldn't have wasted 8 years.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Just remember who is paying the bills is all I ask. Democratic freeloaders aren't even saying thank you.
Deflection eh? It's ok, many people worship money.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:19 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
I've always known that this silent angry and unprincipled group existed. All they needed was a loud, ignorant leader who espoused their views to round them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
And this is why I have lost my faith in humanity. I had hoped that the incidents of anti-semitism, racism, and misogyny that I have experienced in my life were one-offs representative of a poor upbringing and attitudes that were dying out. Now, I see that more people felt that way than expressed it, just kept it in their hearts. Now, it's acceptable to come out loud with those opinions under the guise of "telling it like it is." Is it, thought? Shameful.
I'm actually glad that Trump is running and his supporters are coming out of the woodworks with their craziness. This shows the true U.S. to the world.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:30 PM

22,451 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I honestly never knew humans could lie so much until this election. Seriously. Hillary fans are insane.

There^^^^fify

Old 07-25-2016, 07:32 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Were you not around during the 2008 for Hope and Change? Remember that large economic crisis that dominated political platforms in 2008?

Apparently America responds better when a fat, white male says it. Or maybe you folks shouldn't have wasted 8 years.
Obama is not a protectionist. One of the few good things about him.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:32 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,957,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I've always known that this silent angry and unprincipled group existed. All they needed was a loud, ignorant leader who espoused their views to round them up.

I'm actually glad that Trump is running and his supporters are coming out of the woodworks with their craziness. This shows the true U.S. to the world.
The sad part is that this is not the true US. This is a fraction of a fraction of the population that votes, and was also given really crappy choices of people to choose from.

Let's say that voter turnout of registered voters is 60%. That's pretty good, right? Better than the average turnout for the primaries. Well let's split that in half for the two parties. Out of a population of 320 million, 60% is 192 million. Let's be generous and take out those below voting age and put it at 150 million. That's 75 million D's, and 75 million R's.

Now take into account that there were 17 different candidates on the Republican side. 75 million divided by 17 is 4.4 million each. But let's be fair, Trump won somewhere around 30% of the Republican vote, especially in the early days when the field was so crowded. So, what's 30% of the 75 million that voted on the Republican's side? 22.5 million, or less than 8% of the population as a whole.

Once the candidates were chosen, of course, the rest of the population has little real recourse. You don't expect Republican voters to vote for Hilary, and so even if they aren't proud of Donald Trump, they feel like they are forced to vote for him.

You won't find another nation on Earth as outspoken against Donald Trump as The United States of America. The problem is, the way the system works there is just very little choice at this point. And when the opposition puts forward such a crap candidate as the corrupt, dishonest weasel that is Hilary Clinton, we have a true recipe for disaster.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Obama is not a protectionist. One of the few good things about him.
No but he used that populist message that the system is rigged and the elites do this and that. Good to hear you don't believe in that protectionist crap.

Old 07-25-2016, 08:01 PM

892 posts, read 1,576,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

Republicans "pay the bills" and Democrats don't "pay the bills" ?????????

Are you being serious?

One more time.....are you an adult?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections