U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-26-2016, 12:26 PM
 
15,747 posts, read 8,553,654 times
Reputation: 6210

Advertisements

Used to be Democrats were hard against illegal immigration... they said then (and its still true now) that illegal immigration holds down wages for those that are here legally.




Now they have done the calculus. if you allow illegal immigration, then legalize the illegals, you get democrat voters.


It seems where democrats are concerned, votes are more important than people having good paying jobs.


of course, democrats have done the calculus on that too... people with good paying jobs don't vote democrat. but people without jobs do.


So by lying about the republican position, they kill two birds with one stone, they get more illegals and they keep wages low. they get more votes from legalized illegals, and they get more people addicted to government support
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-26-2016, 01:19 PM
Status: "Finally Done With C-D BYE BYE" (set 16 days ago)
 
Location: LEAVING CD
22,947 posts, read 21,488,693 times
Reputation: 15431
The fastest way to slow or completely stop illegal immigration is to make it a felony to employ anyone here illegally punishable by a severe fine AND prison. Along with that tighten up EVerify and make it a felony if you do not use it for EVERY hire and ENFORCE IT. If EVerify says "nope" then it's no until the person gets right with the law.

That would seriously degrade illegal immigration as they couldn't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2016, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Western North Carolina
1,296 posts, read 769,143 times
Reputation: 2010
The thread title is " Stop Bashing Non-Americans in our Country"

Anyone here legally is invited to the party, glad to have you, BBQ at Phil's house Sunday! If you came here purposefully and illegally, get the f--k out. Is that so hard to understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2016, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
14,382 posts, read 7,485,206 times
Reputation: 6624
Quote:
Originally Posted by last1out View Post
the thread title is " stop bashing non-americans in our country"

anyone here legally is invited to the party, glad to have you, bbq at phil's house sunday! If you came here purposefully and illegally, get the f--k out. Is that so hard to understand?
fact^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Democrats say Republicans hate immagrants.

fact is that's not true at all.

Republicans like obeying the law and see the utter unfareness of a system that punishes those that follow the law, and rewards those that don't.

illegal immigration is the issue. NOT LEGAL.
in fact in ALL cases, republicans have called for a review of the process to make it easier and to include more people in LEGAL immigration processes.

Dems don't tell the truth about this.
Sad but true... ideology trumps honesty, and nothing else matters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Some one repped me as being ignorant. I don't think so. Not as mean as so many here.
Constructive criticism can hurt, but it's a long way from being mean. You, as so many other ideologues, tend to be myopic (lacking insight) and care little for the views of anyone who disagrees with you. It might seem "mean" to you, but your incessant marginalization of the facts is the real problem here.

Last edited by steven_h; 07-26-2016 at 01:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2016, 01:57 PM
 
5,382 posts, read 2,052,241 times
Reputation: 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
They are picking your foods.....you want to go in the fields?

I'm not saying this is all perfect, but I'm pointing some things out to those forever bashing PEOPLE from other countries....and yes many are illegal and many live in our country all their life....I had a swedish friend who went back and forth, mostly lived in the U.S. and never got her citizenship and died here at 90something.

For that matter, I don't know if my italian and polish grandparents ever got citizenship.

They are all people trying to live.

Many americans drink and kill etc etc etc etc.....I won't buy into that one.
My AMERICAN cousins spent their summers picking corn in the summers to make money. Guess what? They are actual Americans.

There are TONS of unskilled AMERICANS who are willing to work on farms, but that would mean that the farmers would have to account for the taxes, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2016, 02:20 PM
 
17,749 posts, read 15,034,268 times
Reputation: 6377
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I've been in the state of CA 50 yrs but never took the time to study it's history with Mexico. This was all mexican land until we took it from them or something like this. So Much of CA is Spanish influence, streets, towns, foods etc etc etc. I will read up on the history one of these days. Maybe others need to.


And it's not just Mexicans, we have many from Viet Nam. What a mess we did over there. They are Happy to be here.

Another load of crap. Mexico claimed a lot of land they couldn't hold. They claimed while Apache and Comanche raided deep into Mexico. I also can't tell you how amused i am to see Mexicans, so proud of their native American heritage, all while being good Spanish speaking Catholics. Its petty much like Buddhist, Cantonese speaking Italians claiming Finland .

The land will be claimed by those who can claim it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2016, 02:37 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,293,735 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Eva Longoria......has a different message......seems she believes Americans crossed mexico, because she knows her history.


https://www.yahoo.com/news/eva-longo...015424799.html


In the first minute she claims Texas was once Mexico and the border crossed her 9th generation American family. She has no clue about naturalization and thinks 9th generation immigrants is who Trump is speaking about.



The left knows who Trump was talking about.......yet, as you see above, the left uses a celebrity to enforce the wrong facts of history. After all, America didn't win the war or buy territory, America crossed the border of Mexico. Now Americans are in Mexico's territory, according to the Democrats.
I'd like to see Ms Longoria try THAT in Guatemala since that country was also part of Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2016, 03:22 PM
 
31,543 posts, read 14,591,651 times
Reputation: 8404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Used to be Democrats were hard against illegal immigration... they said then (and its still true now) that illegal immigration holds down wages for those that are here legally.




Now they have done the calculus. if you allow illegal immigration, then legalize the illegals, you get democrat voters.


It seems where democrats are concerned, votes are more important than people having good paying jobs.


of course, democrats have done the calculus on that too... people with good paying jobs don't vote democrat. but people without jobs do.


So by lying about the republican position, they kill two birds with one stone, they get more illegals and they keep wages low. they get more votes from legalized illegals, and they get more people addicted to government support
Excellent summation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2016, 08:30 PM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,129,784 times
Reputation: 6744
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Salvadorans?
Makes sense......I wonder how much healthcare , housing and food stamps they receive? Along. with free education and free lunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2016, 08:37 PM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,129,784 times
Reputation: 6744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Democrats say Republicans hate immagrants.




fact is that's not true at all.


Republicans like obeying the law and see the utter unfareness of a system that punishes those that follow the law, and rewards those that don't.


illegal immigration is the issue. NOT LEGAL.
in fact in ALL cases, republicans have called for a review of the process to make it easier and to include more people in LEGAL immigration processes.




Dems don't tell the truth about this.
Republicans happen to have lawn and toilets to clean......the problem is in the hotel business and it depends upon the head staff whether the whites, Asians or Hispanics get along. I am told the Peruvians are the easiest to get along with. Most white upper class people prefer whites because they speak English. This may be why Some Dems think this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top