U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 11:01 AM

52,179 posts, read 41,981,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Illegal immigration, and the cheap wages these people will work for, has taken away a lot of jobs that Americans used to raise families with. A lot of tech jobs are given to H1B visa holders, and once again, Americans used to do those jobs.

The problem is the out of work Americans who are negatively impacted by the laws and policies coming out of our corrupt government, cannot compete with the deep pockets corporations and their campaign donations to buy the loyalty of those politicians.

For the Democrats, it's a win-win. They get more donations and power from the greedy corporations to allow more illegal immigrants, and the dems get to look like they care about the poor minority immigrants, and own these people, and their votes.
Yep and higher income older people whose family isn't competing with illegals for jobs are completely clueless about the impact. They think they're being good people for supporting illegals and the myth that it doesn't allow corporations and businesses to pay less is just ridiculous.

I'm not hurt by illegals at all, heck it's GREAT for me...I get my house painted cheaper, cheaper food at the store, cheaper, cheaper, cheaper.....while they can't do my job.

BUT, I have a lot of blue-collar relatives that don't have that same luxury.

People living in nice condos with gardeners are typically out of touch with the lives of "little people".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 02:26 PM

37,188 posts, read 16,503,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Aren't the vast majority of the farmers who own the land and the crops Rebulicans? Why are they enabling these illegals if the Republican platform is to stop illegal immigration. Their seems to be a hypicroacy within the party. Want to stop illegals from working in the fields? Don't pay them.

I'm all for stopping illegal immigration by the way. But it is only going to happen by two methods. 1. We refuse to hire/pay them. or 2. We build a wall.

I guess we are too dumb to figure out the cheaper option 1. So we will go ahead and go with the more expensive option 2.

I'm not aware that most farmers are Republicans. Perhaps you could provide a link? Only 2% of illegals are picking crops the rest are here on the unlimited visas for legal, foreign crop pickers. The bulk of illegals are not picking crops but doing jobs that Americans have always done for a fair wage. We have to remove all of the incentives for illegals to remain here and to continue to come here. E-verify will eliminate most job opportunities, deny any benefits to a household with illegal aliens in them and stop deeming their kids as birthright citizens. Complete the 700 mile long wall on the most porous areas of our border already approved by congress but not funded. We'd have illegal immigration down to a trickle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies