U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 04:34 PM

20,611 posts, read 13,032,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I've been in the state of CA 50 yrs but never took the time to study it's history with Mexico. This was all mexican land until we took it from them or something like this. So Much of CA is Spanish influence, streets, towns, foods etc etc etc. I will read up on the history one of these days. Maybe others need to.

And it's not just Mexicans, we have many from Viet Nam. What a mess we did over there. They are Happy to be here.
So Calif WAS part of Mexico? That was over 150 years ago. Hell; Mexico was part of Spain 200 years ago. Too; Guatemala was also part of Mexico but; they kicked Mexico out and became their own country about 1830. If we're gonna go there; I'm sorry the US took half of Mexico in 1848, we should've taken ALL of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 04:54 PM

40,569 posts, read 40,064,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
So Calif WAS part of Mexico? That was over 150 years ago. Hell; Mexico was part of Spain 200 years ago. Too; Guatemala was also part of Mexico but; they kicked Mexico out and became their own country about 1830. If we're gonna go there; I'm sorry the US took half of Mexico in 1848, we should've taken ALL of it.

The La Razza crowd always brings this one up.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:09 PM

17,497 posts, read 10,679,205 times
Quote:
I'm not in favor of anything. Just pointing about all the people bashing. It's HUGE here. Migrant workers have always been migrant workers. CA is a big state for ag industry and I'm sure MOST are not citizens who are on the knees in the fields.

If no welfare, maybe they would be on their knees too. I'm happy to have our benefits and have used unemployment a couple times in my 40 yrs of working but I'm don't bash like so many ungratefuls here do. Just had to vent this. So many with open hands and big mouths blasting off here.
You seem uneducated to think there are no young American adults doing these jobs, along with many older American adults. Many Americans have bad knees, bad backs, hurt limbs, just how do you think they got these, watching migrants picking fruit & vegetables?

You most likely don't know people who are self-employed have NO unemployment to fall back on and can not apply for welfare. You seem to be the uneducated one mouthing off!

Old 07-25-2016, 05:27 PM

4,827 posts, read 3,487,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Who did it before all the cheap illegal labor came?
The same people did, this has been going on for 60 years, nobody cared until white people started losing their jobs.
The overwhelming theme seems to be everyone loves legal immigrants but when Congress wants to talk immigration reform then all you guys flip your lid.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:30 PM

20,883 posts, read 10,103,896 times
Quote:
I'm doing that for me, a $5 now and then and buys him a gallon of gas. Makes me feel better...if that's smug I don't buy it. I'd love to give him a $20 but I live on lower income. Giving is receiving. He's a hard worker and never complains...unlike here.
So in other words, you're paying him slave wages because YOU cannot afford to give him more due to YOUR financial situation.

Ohhhhh......the irony.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:35 PM

20,611 posts, read 13,032,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
The same people did, this has been going on for 60 years, nobody cared until white people started losing their jobs.
The overwhelming theme seems to be everyone loves legal immigrants but when Congress wants to talk immigration reform then all you guys flip your lid.
To be fair: till the illegal aliens started DEMANDING amnesty 10 years ago; many of us were't onto how many of those lawbreakers were in the US. Big mistake and; we're pushing back against illegals and their fans. BTW: it ain't just anglo white people who are now pissed; many Chicanos and even Black people want to kick out any illegal found.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:47 PM

20,305 posts, read 12,161,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
Nice try!! Remember, THEY ARE HERE ILLEGALLY!!!! Get your citizen papers, become an American and speak ENGLISH!!!!
Why have to speak English?

Old 07-25-2016, 05:51 PM

20,883 posts, read 10,103,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Yeah, obviously we don't!

Old 07-25-2016, 05:55 PM

33,937 posts, read 42,228,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
That was once a requirement for naturalization.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:03 PM

25,916 posts, read 39,224,403 times
Quote:
This goes on and on at this group. Did anyone ever think all the work these people do that YOU and ME do not want to do.

For starters, picking produce in the ag fields of our country. And many die from heat stroke and horrible back issues and knee issues from being in the ground picking OUR FOODS.

Our landscaper/gardner works around our bldg twice a week and does me favors and I will give him a little cash now and then, which he refuses but I push it in his pocket. He is the best person and never a complaint.

Then, just talking to my neighbor who has to be in a rehab facility now going on a month as she fell and broke her shoulder. Who do you think works around the clock in those facilities, people from so many parts of the world...doing so much dirty work that WE do not want to do. Cleaning up s**t, changing adult diapers, helping people walk....You want to do this kind of work?

Then there are a ones who are hired to clean houes, clean toilets, take care of children.

Stop and think about this all you spoiled americans and STOP the bashing. Be thankful when you spend your unemployment and welfare checks and spend your food stamps.
Sorry but you lost me with your post. I came her as a non American and I can tell you Americans were very nice to me and have been!

If you come here illegally and break the law and not come like we did through the front door than why do we have to be nice and friendly to people who break the law.

We don't have to harm them but sorry if you break the law you are a criminal and don't ask me to have more compassion for a criminal than for a person who leads a difficult life and does the right thing.

I rather give money to a legal person in need! JMO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies