U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 03:53 PM

33,066 posts, read 13,956,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
The Iranian government also imprisons foreigners when they feel like it.

Perhaps Iranians who live in the US would love to visit "the old country" to show their children how everything is so magnificent over there and afterwards hurry back to the safety of the US. I've heard AND seen the drama before.

No, thanks. As a non-Muslim western woman, I would never visit that place. They're worse than the Saudis.

Everything I need to know about Iran and its people I learned in 1979.
They are one of the most educated and westernized countries in the ME, they have a ways to go but I would feel safer there than about any other country in that area. The Saudi's are much more extreme and fanatical. If all you learned about Iran was 1979 then you are avoiding an obvious part of the history and our involvement leading up to that event.

Unfortunately there is the Ayatollah and the right wing that censor the media and imprisoned the reporter from the Washington Post, there are some instances of abuse of power. Hopefully that will change over time, this was a big first step, success and an improved economy will defeat the religions fanatics.

Old 07-27-2016, 04:25 PM

4,023 posts, read 3,268,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Why the hell does Iran need 200 jet liners? They expecting an upswing in tourism?

With the epidemic of terrorist incidents and muslim crimes making headlines in the west on a daily basis, I doubt westerners will be flocking to the middle east for a vacation any time soon. Westerners there stick out and are an easy target for extremists. Might as well paint a bullseye on their forehead. Dumb naive westerners think they are invincible and it can't ever happen to them, until it does.

Old 07-27-2016, 04:47 PM

50,723 posts, read 26,752,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I guess the better question is, why do you want your money to go to Iran. It's obvious that you missed my comment about "we (the United States Government) own the tech data"....how hard is that to comprehend?
It's not my money OR yours! It's THEIR frozen money and they earned it.

Should another country have the right to take American funds and not return them?

Old 07-27-2016, 05:09 PM

34,327 posts, read 18,598,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's not my money OR yours! It's THEIR frozen money and they earned it.

Should another country have the right to take American funds and not return them?
Their frozen money has been released, yes or no?

And yes it IS our money big guy, when we pay for Boeing, Sikorsky, Bell, Honeywell, and Rolls Royce (to name a few) to invent something, you paid I paid for it and the USG owns that information...

This is a conversation you just need to walk away from, you have no experience with this....

Old 07-27-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Their frozen money has been released, yes or no?

And yes it IS our money big guy, when we pay for Boeing, Sikorsky, Bell, Honeywell, and Rolls Royce (to name a few) to invent something, you paid I paid for it and the USG owns that information...

This is a conversation you just need to walk away from, you have no experience with this....
The Iranians aren't asking to borrow these aircraft. They're paying for them with cash.

And when it comes to defense issues buddy, i was in this business when you were begging your parents for popsicle money. Get real.

And even in Defense Contracting, you're a low level player. You're not even an exempt employee. When you're at least a PM, talk to me.

Old 07-27-2016, 05:56 PM

Quote:
The Iranians aren't asking to borrow these aircraft. They're paying for them with cash.
Then tell me how Boeing can sell Iran something that we own? Your ignorance is noted.....

Quote:
And when it comes to defense issues buddy, i was in this business when you were begging your parents for popsicle money. Get real.
That's that problem old man, you have no clue what is actually going on, tell me about the USG and Boeing proprietary issue that we a CURRENTLY dealing with, NOT 35 years ago, not when I was asking my parents for a Popsicle.

Quote:
And even in Defense Contracting, you're a low level player. You're not even an exempt employee. When you're at least a PM, talk to me.
No doubt in my my mind, I'm a low level player, but I still know more about this than you ever want to know, again, tell us about the current Boeing proprietary issues....which is my entire point old man....

I may be low level, but in this instance, I and the office I work in know much more than many PMs.....

So....

LOL, a PM, so as a government person, you must be the equivalent of a general or higher like a GS 15. or even a SES......hahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....h ahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa, I just fell out of my chair dd.....you are a true crap talker....

Great job, I needed a good belly busting laugh today....

Old 07-27-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Then tell me how Boeing can sell Iran something that we own? Your ignorance is noted.....

That's that problem old man, you have no clue what is actually going on, tell me about the USG and Boeing proprietary issue that we a CURRENTLY dealing with, NOT 35 years ago, not when I was asking my parents for a Popsicle.

No doubt in my my mind, I'm a low level player, but I still know more about this than you ever want to know, again, tell us about the current Boeing proprietary issues....which is my entire point old man....

I may be low level, but in this instance, I and the office I work in know much more than many PMs.....

So....

LOL, a PM, so as a government person, you must be the equivalent of a general or higher like a GS 15. or even a SES......hahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....h ahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa, I just fell out of my chair dd.....you are a true crap talker....

Great job, I needed a good belly busting laugh today....
Glad i could make you laugh.

Ummm, about the thread, the Iranians are seeking to buy 3 types of Boeing Aircraft. Aircraft that they've SURELY sold to other nations before.

So what in the hell are you talking about?

Old 07-27-2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Glad i could make you laugh.

Ummm, about the thread, the Iranians are seeking to buy 3 types of Boeing Aircraft. Aircraft that they've SURELY sold to other nations before.

So what in the hell are you talking about?
Ever post you make I laugh at, I just told you about this one because it was a gut buster, just because it was such bull crap....and you know that mr GS15...LOL....

Well, you must be at least a GS15 or equivalent, and know absolutely everything that goes on in every aspect of all the Army Aviation, because, you evidently are the man in every aspect, since you know all....because you have evidently been in all Aviation since I was asking for Popsicle's from my parents....:rolleyes :

So, you got nothing, understood....if you did, mr GS15, you would have told me about the Boeing propriety
issue....but you did not, it's public, so you got nothing old man....

Old 07-27-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Ever post you make I laugh at, I just told you about this one because it was a gut buster, just because it was such bull crap....and you know that mr GS15...LOL....

Well, you must be at least a GS15 or equivalent, and know absolutely everything that goes on in every aspect of all the Army Aviation, because, you evidently are the man in every aspect, since you know all....because you have evidently been in all Aviation since I was asking for Popsicle's from my parents....:rolleyes :

So, you got nothing, understood....if you did, mr GS15, you would have told me about the Boeing propriety
issue....but you did not, it's public, so you got nothing old man....
Iran is seeking to buy the same aircraft that we sell to other nations.

So please tell me, why can't Boeing sell aircraft to Iran that they sell to everyone else?

Tell me, oh great one. Mr Fly Boy Aviator?

Old 07-27-2016, 07:24 PM

24,045 posts, read 11,953,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Actually yes, tourism would be a tremendous positive and would disarm the Iranian hard liners.

Around 1/3 of their fleet is aging and out of service, what's the downside.
They want the upgraded avionics to apply to the junk they fly in their Air Force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or