U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 12:31 AM

14,334 posts, read 15,153,327 times

Advertisements

Careful what you asked for guy.

He's part of the old style "D" Machine that runs Essex County, NJ.

They can compete with their "D" counterparts in Cook county, IL.

He does give good speeches, however. Can't deny that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 03:58 AM

19,414 posts, read 17,514,246 times
I watched some of his speech and wondered who the $%^& he was and how he rated air time since he was so bland and uninspiring.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:07 AM

16,954 posts, read 11,839,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What is wrong with them? This Cory Booker just electrified the crowd. That should be their candidate.

Trump will win and they will be wondering what if.
CB presided over newark, nj and a rising murder rate of 2+ a week, up from 1 murder a month since the 60s. His answer to the problem was Whole Foods coming to newark. Zuckerberg gave 100 million dollars to newark edu....newark didn't waste time misusing 200K of that money. 100 mill$$$$ to a city of 26 sq miles and noting came of it and the money trail is fading.

CB is articulate, charasmatic and all those things that could make a politician successful. Apparently is a great orator, unlike the media created title bestowed on obama.

Unfiortunately the content of CB presentation sounded like he wanted the slaves to be free, thinking it was the 1850s. His speech was a downer and given from the far distant past. Listening to CB you'd have to ask, 'so what was obama and hillary doing for the past 8 years?"

A lightweight with a big voice who shoveled snow and saved a baby and was a hit on a talk show.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:25 AM

5,251 posts, read 2,092,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yup. And like Obama, Booker may well be making plans. Obviously, 2016 was premature for him, but by 2020, things may be changed and more ripe. He's definitely one of the Democrat's rising young stars.

But I expect to see many more between now and 2020. Bernie energized a new generation who has finally found it's voice and commitment at last. Obama opened the gates, and Hillary is paving their way. And Bernie ignited their fires.
Win win, all the way around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to hear Booker's name a lot more in the future. I could see him one day becoming president if all goes well.
I agree with you both.. I was impressed by his presence, was moved by what he had to say and how he expressed himself.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:42 AM

72,072 posts, read 83,735,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Every year, we get the same thread about someone at the convention that didnt even run who people fall in love with, and then people start yelling "why didnt they pick him/her".

Last time it was Deval Patrick, but it doesnt matter, you havent argued that you would vote for any of them
yep, isn't this the truth and it is always the party's fault. We get it on the right as well. Always it is thought, that person will surely be the next presidential candidate but that doesn't happen either. The couple of times it has, once Obama and Reagan, back in 64 they went on to become president. Most of them fade into the sunset.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:52 AM

3,192 posts, read 6,351,010 times
Whether one likes him or not, Booker has come a long way from the days of being whipped by the old Sharpe James machine in Newark.....!

There's a famous turn of the 20th century book, 'Plunkitt of Tammany Hall', written by a Tammany politician named George Washington Plunkitt. The stuff that goes down in the 2002 Newark mayor's race between James and Booker is straight out of Plunkitt. Mind you, the book and that election are one century apart!

Booker has come a long way from that.....!

Old 07-26-2016, 05:31 AM

7,841 posts, read 7,341,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I watched some of his speech and wondered who the $%^& he was and how he rated air time since he was so bland and uninspiring.
Yeah, he does lack the demogogue's touch.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:49 AM

33,111 posts, read 13,972,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I think it is important to keep it in context, why President Obama is not liked by many. His polices do not align with many Americans, from all walks of life. Heck, even is half brother is disliking him. I'm sure it has nothing to do with skin tone.

Why would it be in the best interest for President Obama and Hillary to keep this hate going and on the same hand deny they are doing it?
The dislike of Obama extended well beyond his policies, what other president needed to defend his birth place for 8 years. They have done everything they could to undermine this administration sometimes even damaging the country. I recall Mitch McConnell stating that he will do anything he could to make Obama look bad his first few months in office. The republicans had no plan other to go against anything Obama proposed, look at the supreme court, the Iran deal, Immigration, health care, increasing the budget cap.

They had no alternative plan other than to obstruct, what exactly were the GOP policies in the last 8 years?

Old 07-26-2016, 07:12 AM

19,414 posts, read 17,514,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
CB presided over newark, nj and a rising murder rate of 2+ a week, up from 1 murder a month since the 60s. His answer to the problem was Whole Foods coming to newark. Zuckerberg gave 100 million dollars to newark edu....newark didn't waste time misusing 200K of that money. 100 mill$$$$ to a city of 26 sq miles and noting came of it and the money trail is fading.

CB is articulate, charasmatic and all those things that could make a politician successful. Apparently is a great orator, unlike the media created title bestowed on obama.

Unfiortunately the content of CB presentation sounded like he wanted the slaves to be free, thinking it was the 1850s. His speech was a downer and given from the far distant past. Listening to CB you'd have to ask, 'so what was obama and hillary doing for the past 8 years?"

A lightweight with a big voice who shoveled snow and saved a baby and was a hit on a talk show.
>>>> We heard all the same things about Obama being charismatic, intelligent and a great orator, blah blah blah. He turnedout to be a mental lightweight who stammered and stuttered and made one stupid gaffe after another. These guys who come from no where with made up resumes that scream they had help getting where they are, they owe somebody BIG and will be paying that debt for the rest of their careers. Maybe its once burned twice shy after Obama, but this Booker just strikes me as a huge phony.
That he's from NJ also doesn't help.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:47 AM

7,841 posts, read 7,341,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>>> We heard all the same things about Obama being charismatic, intelligent and a great orator, blah blah blah. He turnedout to be a mental lightweight who stammered and stuttered and made one stupid gaffe after another. These guys who come from no where with made up resumes that scream they had help getting where they are, they owe somebody BIG and will be paying that debt for the rest of their careers. Maybe its once burned twice shy after Obama, but this Booker just strikes me as a huge phony.
That he's from NJ also doesn't help.
I guess the Buffoonanator is so much more charismatic, intelligent and genuine with his inability to string five words together in a sentence in his jumbled jibberish that passes for one of his "stump speeches"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or