Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 11:28 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,874,671 times

Advertisements

It's interesting because their only choices are:

1. Talk about how they will improve the economy. But that's tough because they have to in at least some way imply that Obama didn't do a good job in EIGHT years of office. There is no Bush escape hatch.

2. Acknowledge that Obama has done well and continue his progress, but that blatantly denies reality.

Interesting times for libskis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 11:31 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,278,613 times
Are you trying to say the economy hasn't been going well, especially when compared to 2008 when he first took office? It seems like this thread might be void of facts in order to attack Democrats while giving Republicans a pass. That makes sense for someone creating a partisan thread.

Old 07-24-2016, 11:32 PM

24,348 posts, read 26,791,389 times
Bernie talks about how big the problems in our country are for the average working class person... We have been with a Democrat for the past 8 years and Hillary will just be a 3rd term, if not worse. She owes millions to her corporate donors and she is as corrupt as can be as we found out thanks to Wikileaks. She supports trade deals that will continue to destroy the working class, she supports shutting down oil companies, mining companies that will continue to destroy the middle class, she supports an endless supply of illegal immigrants which will lower wages for the working class... There is nothing good to come from her or the DNC.

Old 07-24-2016, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Are you trying to say the economy hasn't been going well, especially when compared to 2008 when he first took office? It seems like this thread might be void of facts in order to attack Democrats while giving Republicans a pass. That makes sense for someone creating a partisan thread.
GDP numbers and fudged unemployment rate statistics don't help the middle class. I could see you now, on the floor of that Carrier plant in Indianapolis as they announced they were moving production to Mexican: "but but unemployment is at 5%."

By the way, do you live in Portland? Prepare thyself for a Republican governor.

Old 07-25-2016, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
GDP numbers and fudged unemployment rate statistics don't help the middle class. I could see you now, on the floor of that Carrier plant in Indianapolis as they announced they were moving production to Mexican: "but but unemployment is at 5%."

By the way, do you live in Portland? Prepare thyself for a Republican governor.
Seems the only fudging going on here is what you consider to be your own facts that you can't prove.

Yes, I do live in Oregon, been here for much of my life, before that I grew up in Washington. I highly doubt the Republicans in this state have any chance of winning the governor race in Oregon this year....so if I were you, I would prepare yourself for disappointment.

Old 07-25-2016, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Seems the only fudging going on here is what you consider to be your own facts that you can't prove.

Yes, I do live in Oregon, been here for much of my life, before that I grew up in Washington. I highly doubt the Republicans in this state have any chance of winning the governor race in Oregon this year....so if I were you, I would prepare yourself for disappointment.
KomKast Kate Brown is going down. Her only accomplishment is her poker face.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:29 AM

38,617 posts, read 26,274,638 times
Quote:

Sorry.

Didn't know that was how this was measured...

Reagan was AWESOME!

Forbes Welcome

Meanwhile, Obama is the first US President to have not a single year of 3% GDP growth.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...legacy-economy

Old 07-25-2016, 02:28 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,825,978 times
Quote:
It's interesting because their only choices are:

1. Talk about how they will improve the economy. But that's tough because they have to in at least some way imply that Obama didn't do a good job in EIGHT years of office. There is no Bush escape hatch.

2. Acknowledge that Obama has done well and continue his progress, but that blatantly denies reality.

Interesting times for libskis

The choice between Trump and Clinton amounts to me going to an insane asylum, finding the two craziest people in there; then going to the gun store owner and telling him to pick one to run the place.

I'm with the gun store owner. Neither.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
KomKast Kate Brown is going down. Her only accomplishment is her poker face.
If you say so, just be prepared for disappointment.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:47 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,423,281 times
Huh.

Exactly what you told me once about Kitzhaber.

He won the election, but I wasn't the one disappointed in the long run.

We'll see what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies