U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2016, 08:26 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,140,349 times

Advertisements

I'm Catholic so I find this particularly abhorrent. However, I have some very good friends who are Muslim and they are just as frightened of the radicalized Muslims as any body else is (and rightly so since they themselves are targets of groups like ISIS). They hate these things that are being done in the name of their religion. We've talked about it a great deal. They would like to see Islam reformed, sort of like the Jewish religion, with orthodox, reformed, etc. (but no radicals). One of the big problems with Islam is the lack of a central authority - any nut can take a leadership position with his own little band of nuts and there is no central, organized, official voice to denounce them. Those that try to do so get ignored by the MSM. My friends work on interfaith counsels, etc. They try, but it is hard to get any attention when radicals are drowning out their efforts - which is just what the radicals have in mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 09:12 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,041,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
I'm Catholic so I find this particularly abhorrent. However, I have some very good friends who are Muslim and they are just as frightened of the radicalized Muslims as any body else is (and rightly so since they themselves are targets of groups like ISIS). They hate these things that are being done in the name of their religion. We've talked about it a great deal. They would like to see Islam reformed, sort of like the Jewish religion, with orthodox, reformed, etc. (but no radicals). One of the big problems with Islam is the lack of a central authority - any nut can take a leadership position with his own little band of nuts and there is no central, organized, official voice to denounce them. Those that try to do so get ignored by the MSM. My friends work on interfaith counsels, etc. They try, but it is hard to get any attention when radicals are drowning out their efforts - which is just what the radicals have in mind.
There are a handful of reformist Muslim Imams who preach; end of violent jihad, end to killing apostates, end to stonings, end to rewards of martyrdom, end to second-class citizenship for women, etc. But these reformists have no following among the Muslims, many times they are killed.

The vast majority of Muslims are NOT against the doctrine of violent jihad, or against killing apostates, etc. Polls after polls show this.

If you look at the top 3 most followed Muslim Imams on Facebook or Twitter of any Muslim country, you will see that the top 3 Imams are radicals, because Islam itself is radical, since Muhammad was.
The Challenge – Faithfreedom.org

A Muslim Imam that is this wonderful person and reformist that is magically going to appear and become this Muslim Pope and put an end to all this violence in the name of Islam, is nothing but a pipe dream.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:37 PM

5,370 posts, read 4,646,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
There are a handful of reformist Muslim Imams who preach; end of violent jihad, end to killing apostates, end to stonings, end to rewards of martyrdom, end to second-class citizenship for women, etc. But these reformists have no following among the Muslims, many times they are killed.

The vast majority of Muslims are NOT against the doctrine of violent jihad, or against killing apostates, etc. Polls after polls show this.

If you look at the top 3 most followed Muslim Imams on Facebook or Twitter of any Muslim country, you will see that the top 3 Imams are radicals, because Islam itself is radical, since Muhammad was.
The Challenge – Faithfreedom.org

A Muslim Imam that is this wonderful person and reformist that is magically going to appear and become this Muslim Pope and put an end to all this violence in the name of Islam, is nothing but a pipe dream.
70,000 Muslim Indian clerics issue fatwa against terrorists

Nearly 1.5 million Sunni Muslim followers of the Indian Barelvi movement have formally decried violent extremists. 70,000 clerics at the annual commemoration of the founders' death now condemn terrorist groups, saying they are 'not Islamic organizations.'

70,000 Indian clerics issue fatwa against terrorists - CSMonitor.com

Old 07-26-2016, 09:44 PM

20,814 posts, read 10,079,044 times
Now ISIS is saying their next targets will be London and Washington. No end in sight.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:45 PM

4,491 posts, read 1,673,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
meanwhile libs everywhere still say Islam is a religion of peace
Is it. There's a least two pieces of the priest now, thanks to Islam.

How's that for not politically correct?
(too soon?)

And in all seriousness, something has to change. No, I won't say ALL Muslims are bad. But I will say that the Muslims who are bad are really ****ing bad. The immigration policy in Europe is clearly causing problems. Germany and France have been hit the hardest. I understand not wanting to turn good Muslims away. I really get it. And I'm sure there are genuine refugees of war seeking safety in the West. But at this point, it's just irresponsible to continue on the path we're on. We're seeng that clearly many of these 'refugees' are not really refugees. And I understand how tragic it is that in closing border, the good Muslims will be less safe. But they're also less safe when we allow people like this in.

Europe is getting less safe because of this. This also effects the good Muslim immigrants who left to get away from this sort of violence. The good Muslims are suffering regardless of which side gets it's way.

At this point, the only real lasting solution can't come from the West. It's a reformation that needs to happen within Islam. We in the West should do whatever we can to get that to happen, but we also can't be the ones who cause it. A lasting reformation would have to come from within. The ****ty truth: there isn't some great magical solution where everyone on Earth wins. I'd much rather protect Europe, a place where children aren't to be ****ed, women are people, and discourse is civil, even if saying so makes me racist. Because I won't care if saying this makes someone think I'm a racist. I know I'm not racist. There are good Muslims. I know some. I have friends who are Muslim. Do you know why they're good? Because they've adopted Western culture. They treat people like people and I want to defend them. And the only way to do that is to make clear that Islam can be a religion of peace because as it stands, it's not.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:46 PM

16,823 posts, read 9,130,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post

Nearly 1.5 million Sunni Muslim followers of the Indian Barelvi movement have formally decried violent extremists. 70,000 clerics at the annual commemoration of the founders' death now condemn terrorist groups, saying they are 'not Islamic organizations.'

Good for India...now if the Middle Eastern countries could follow suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
The problem is, too many Muslims read their holy words literally. Of course most Muslims will never kill.

Islam, factually speaking, encourages this behavior through its holy words. If you wage jihad against infidels and die in the process you get martyr status, which mean heaven and babes with swollen breasts.

In all honesty either Muslims are inherently better than average people and/or not that literally devout on average. You would assume more Muslim men would take up that offer and become martyrs.

Thank about it. Kill a bunch of infidels and eternal heaven with babes all over you. You don't even have to be a Muslim in good standing.

20,814 posts, read 10,079,044 times
Just heard that in the past two months, outside of Iraq and Syria, there has been a Jihadi attack every 83 hours.

You would never know it by our media reports.

1,985 posts, read 2,654,045 times
The French government needs to be held accountable for their negligence! One of the ISIS thugs was on a terror watch list and the church was on a known hit list, yet these ISIS thugs were successful in murdering an innocent Priest.

Here is an interview with one of the survivors, Sister Danielle.

French church attack: 'Priest killer' was being monitored - BBC News

Old 07-26-2016, 09:48 PM

21,580 posts, read 11,631,561 times
This priest lived through the Nazi occupation but could not survive the hatred of Islam. Get them OUT.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:51 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,041,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post

I am well aware of this feel-good fatwa by thousands of Indian Muslim clerics against ISIS.

But it fails miserably, it fails because a fatwa against ISIS is meaningless, even Al-Qaeda hates ISIS.

A fatwa is needed against; all forms of violent jihad, against rewards of martyrdom, against death penalty for homosexuals, against killing apostates, etc. These fatwas are just not coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or