Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2016, 10:06 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times

Advertisements

I know its France, but they only had knives. I'd have gone for the nearest piece of furniture and tried to bash their brains in. Europe has fallen, and they want us to follow them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 10:08 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Just heard that in the past two months, outside of Iraq and Syria, there has been a Jihadi attack every 83 hours.

You would never know it by our media reports.
The odds are in my favor that a Jihadi/Muslim shouting Allahu Akbar will strike within 48 hours of this post.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:10 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Now ISIS is saying their next targets will be London and Washington. No end in sight.
I have a little more faith in the anti-terrorism efforts of the British and Americans. They certainly are better at thwarting terrorism than France. I mean, come on! The kid in France today was arrested for trying to go to Syria. The prosecutors begged for him to get a jail sentence, but the judges decided instead he should live with his parents under semi-monitoring. What's the point of a monitoring bracelet if it's known not to be monitored between certain hours everyday? Why would they do that? Was it so he could work? Couldn't they add the workplace to the monitor? I just don't see the reasoning for that sentence.

Not that I think our country is 100% safe from terrorism, but I at least expect our country to do better than France. Then again, they managed to let Omar Mateen slip through the cracks...and the Boston Bombers...and Nidal Hassan.

On second thought, maybe our government isn't much better than France.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:17 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
There are a handful of reformist Muslim Imams who preach; end of violent jihad, end to killing apostates, end to stonings, end to rewards of martyrdom, end to second-class citizenship for women, etc. But these reformists have no following among the Muslims, many times they are killed.

The vast majority of Muslims are NOT against the doctrine of violent jihad, or against killing apostates, etc. Polls after polls show this.

If you look at the top 3 most followed Muslim Imams on Facebook or Twitter of any Muslim country, you will see that the top 3 Imams are radicals, because Islam itself is radical, since Muhammad was.
The Challenge – Faithfreedom.org

A Muslim Imam that is this wonderful person and reformist that is magically going to appear and become this Muslim Pope and put an end to all this violence in the name of Islam, is nothing but a pipe dream.
The devil is in the detail of polls.

Some claim to have sampled 300 people out of a global population of something approaching a Billion who reportedly identified as Muslim.

Sorry, I'm not buying the propaganda.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:20 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The devil is in the detail of polls.

Some claim to have sampled 300 people out of a global population of something approaching a Billion who reportedly identified as Muslim.

Sorry, I'm not buying the propaganda.
Just provide a list of Muslim-majority countries in which a Muslim can openly say he is no longer a Muslim. How many Muslim countries have an openly Ex-Muslim or Atheist club?

You don't need polls, the evidence is in your face.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:23 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,239,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I know its France, but they only had knives. I'd have gone for the nearest piece of furniture and tried to bash their brains in. Europe has fallen, and they want us to follow them.
The victims were elderly and therefore lacked the physical strength and agility necessary to defend themselves.

The ISIS thugs were also carrying a FAKE explosive device covered in aluminum foil.

French church attack: 'Priest killer' was being monitored - BBC News

Old 07-26-2016, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Good for India...now if the Middle Eastern countries could follow suit.

The problem is, too many Muslims read their holy words literally. Of course most Muslims will never kill.

Islam, factually speaking, encourages this behavior through its holy words. If you wage jihad against infidels and die in the process you get martyr status, which mean heaven and babes with swollen breasts.

In all honesty either Muslims are inherently better than average people and/or not that literally devout on average. You would assume more Muslim men would take up that offer and become martyrs.

Thank about it. Kill a bunch of infidels and eternal heaven with babes all over you. You don't even have to be a Muslim in good standing.
I think most people are good at heart, and disgusted by the idea of killing another human being. Most people like to have fun and enjoy life if they have the ability. And most educated people have to question their faith a little every once in a while. Those people would naturally choose to follow the good in the Koran and ignore the bad, but Islam sure does have more than its fair share of people willing to join death cults like ISIS or al Qaeda. I think it has more to do with geography than anything. If you grow up in a country that practices strict Sharia like Saudi Arabia, then it's much easier to become barbaric.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
I'm Catholic so I find this particularly abhorrent. However, I have some very good friends who are Muslim and they are just as frightened of the radicalized Muslims as any body else is (and rightly so since they themselves are targets of groups like ISIS). They hate these things that are being done in the name of their religion. We've talked about it a great deal. They would like to see Islam reformed, sort of like the Jewish religion, with orthodox, reformed, etc. (but no radicals). One of the big problems with Islam is the lack of a central authority - any nut can take a leadership position with his own little band of nuts and there is no central, organized, official voice to denounce them. Those that try to do so get ignored by the MSM. My friends work on interfaith counsels, etc. They try, but it is hard to get any attention when radicals are drowning out their efforts - which is just what the radicals have in mind.
There are more than 40,000 Christian denominations/ sects in just the US. No telling how many denims/ sects in the world.

There is no central authority figure that speaks for or leads all Christians. Most reasonable folk consider Westboro Baptist to be way out there and not real Christians. Yet, reasonable folk seem more challenged to distinguish between whack jobs and ordinary folk within Islam and tend to use a broad brush to paint almost 1 billion people.

There are 3-4 major denominations within Islam and thousands of regional/ cultural sects within.

War lords and politicians have used religion as a tool to control the masses and make land grabs since forever.

ISIS murders more Muslims than anyone else.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Is it. There's a least two pieces of the priest now, thanks to Islam.

How's that for not politically correct?
(too soon?)

And in all seriousness, something has to change. No, I won't say ALL Muslims are bad. But I will say that the Muslims who are bad are really ****ing bad. The immigration policy in Europe is clearly causing problems. Germany and France have been hit the hardest. I understand not wanting to turn good Muslims away. I really get it. And I'm sure there are genuine refugees of war seeking safety in the West. But at this point, it's just irresponsible to continue on the path we're on. We're seeng that clearly many of these 'refugees' are not really refugees. And I understand how tragic it is that in closing border, the good Muslims will be less safe. But they're also less safe when we allow people like this in.

Europe is getting less safe because of this. This also effects the good Muslim immigrants who left to get away from this sort of violence. The good Muslims are suffering regardless of which side gets it's way.

At this point, the only real lasting solution can't come from the West. It's a reformation that needs to happen within Islam. We in the West should do whatever we can to get that to happen, but we also can't be the ones who cause it. A lasting reformation would have to come from within. The ****ty truth: there isn't some great magical solution where everyone on Earth wins. I'd much rather protect Europe, a place where children aren't to be ****ed, women are people, and discourse is civil, even if saying so makes me racist. Because I won't care if saying this makes someone think I'm a racist. I know I'm not racist. There are good Muslims. I know some. I have friends who are Muslim. Do you know why they're good? Because they've adopted Western culture. They treat people like people and I want to defend them. And the only way to do that is to make clear that Islam can be a religion of peace because as it stands, it's not.
Both nominees intend to " do something" about terrorists.

The people rejected candidates with more moderate positions.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
What was the average age of the people attending that Tuesday morning mass? I assume they were all pretty old to be that religious, since France is so secular these days. The article said there were four others besides the priest, including two parishioners. I'm assuming there weren't that many people attending, and that they were probably not young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies