U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2016, 10:53 AM

17,751 posts, read 15,637,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
When Westboro Baptist Church gains millions of parishioners, or actually kills anyone, then I will worry about them. They are not in the same ballpark as Muslim extremists.

Hunayn ibn Ishaq (809-873)
Hunayn developed a close relationship with the Caliph al-Mutawakkil. Recognizing Hunayn’s skills as a scholar and translator, the caliph appointed him as his personal physician instead of a member of the Bakhtishu family. A rift developed between al-Mutawakkil and Hunayn, however, when the caliph asked Hunayn to make a poison to kill one of his enemies. Despite offers of generous payment, Hunayn kept putting the caliph off, saying it would take time to prepare such a poison. In the end, the caliph got angry and had Hunayn thrown in prison for a year.
Hunayn was then brought before the caliph and threatened with death, to which he replied “I have skill only in what is beneficial, and have studied nothing else.” The caliph, claiming that he was only testing Hunayn’s personal integrity, asked him what kept him from complying with the order. Hunayn responded, “Two things: my religion and my profession. My religion decrees that we should do good even to our enemies, how much more to our friends. And my profession is instituted for the benefit of humanity and limited to their relief and cure. Besides, every physician is under oath never to give anyone a deadly medicine.”

For some reason we still take seriously the idea of taking a fundamental idea in medicine under Greek philosophy of the Hippocratic oath. Again the worst thing that could possibly happen to Christian militancy is to read its fundamental doctrine. Its is certainly just as bad as the Hippocratic oath in the art of medicine applied to biological warfare. Maybe its just a fluke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 10:53 AM

20,551 posts, read 9,999,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Avoided? How so?

Are you referring to Tashfeen Malik?

Immigration is the responsibility of the Cabinet Department of Homeland Security, not Secretary of State.

Farook and childhood pal Marquez , both born in the US. were planning attacks years before Farook began looking for a bride. Marquez supplied some of the guns used in the massacre because Farook was concerned it would be noticed he was stockpiling. They were both self radicalized by consuming poison on the Internet.

Tashfeen and Farook met online and exchanged private messages. Subsequent, they met in person, a condition for a fiance visa, and did so in Saudi Arabia, 70+ year ally of the US.

I misspoke in saying it was the FBI. It was someone in Homeland Security who was told by the Secretary of State's office to back off his investigation of the members of Farook's mosque and three groups who were moving people into the U.S. using the Visa waiver program.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:55 AM

1,985 posts, read 2,649,473 times
Islam has NO place in modern society. Europe needs to close all borders now.

Gang of Muslims storm nudist pools in Germany. They called the women s***s and said they will exterminate them.
Gang of Muslims storm nudist pool in Germany and threaten to 'exterminate' women | Daily Mail Online

Muslim refugee rapes 79 year old woman in a cemetery in Germany.
Eritrean refugee

Europe's Rape epidemic due to Muslim migrants.
Rapes, sexual assaults by migrants increase dramatically in Germany and Sweden

Woman welcomes Muslim refugee into home and get raped.
Woman welcomes Muslim ‘refugee’ into home, gets raped

Religion of Peace? I think not......

Old 07-27-2016, 12:36 PM

3,872 posts, read 1,660,086 times
Default Better safe than sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post

Gang of Muslims storm nudist pools in Germany. They called the women s***s and said they will exterminate them.
Gang of Muslims storm nudist pool in Germany and threaten to 'exterminate' women | Daily Mail Online

I don't know what exactly the problem is with Islam in Europe. I think the receiving countries - for immigrants & refugees from Islamic countries & the Middle East - need to either do a very thorough job of vetting potential immigrants/refugees - & reject anyone they can't show to have a good background - or administer personality profile assessment to every individual applicant (from age 15 or so?) as part of the investigative process. (Or both, of course - myself, I'd cut the cards as many times as I could - but maybe that's just me.)

If the applicant can't respect the laws & culture of the host country, then that person should be rejected. I would look very carefully at unattached males, ages 18-30. & any pattern of suspicious activity - trying to go to Syria or Iraq for military training - is an immediate red flag.

& the first URL - It doesn't say pools, it says pool. This was a one-off, apparently. & the pool probably needs to start having @ least volunteer security or police or something standing by. A Taser, for starters - but I don't know if those are allowed in Germany. I'm sure they have something equivalent.

If jihadists in Europe are having these breakdowns any time, any place, then the authorities & the social clubs & pools, unfortunately, have to make plans & keep aware of their surroundings. If it were me, I'd watch transportation hubs, athletic fields, swimming pools, beaches, areas with lots of nightclubs, bars, & so on.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:51 PM

10,691 posts, read 11,689,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Priest, 86, is 'beheaded' by two 'Islamic knifemen' after taking nuns and worshippers hostage at French church before police shoot them both dead and search building for explosives.

France hostage situation in Normandy sees priest, 86, killed by knifeman | Daily Mail Online

Islam has no place in a civilized society.
none

Old 07-27-2016, 12:52 PM

10,691 posts, read 11,689,271 times
Quote:

Eritrean refugee

wow

Old 07-27-2016, 01:33 PM

14,639 posts, read 9,697,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Avoided? How so?

Are you referring to Tashfeen Malik?

Immigration is the responsibility of the Cabinet Department of Homeland Security, not Secretary of State.

Farook and childhood pal Marquez , both born in the US. were planning attacks years before Farook began looking for a bride. Marquez supplied some of the guns used in the massacre because Farook was concerned it would be noticed he was stockpiling. They were both self radicalized by consuming poison on the Internet.

Tashfeen and Farook met online and exchanged private messages. Subsequent, they met in person, a condition for a fiance visa, and did so in Saudi Arabia, 70+ year ally of the US.
So basically what you are saying is that we just have to die.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:46 PM

3,217 posts, read 1,719,118 times
We want to let these people in at any expense as long as they vote democrat, right? Sheeez.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:04 PM

3,872 posts, read 1,660,086 times
Default Caveat emptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
We want to let these people in at any expense as long as they vote democrat, right? Sheeez.
I don't know why this psychobabble persists. I tend Democratic, even Progressive, if you like. I don't feel any pressing need to let in Islamics from N. Africa or the Middle East without any kind of background checks or personality assessments - see entry #194 above. I would say both - documentation of ID, education, background, work, affiliations, religion, ethnicity, languages spoken - & I'd perform a personality assessment too. We offer entry to a secular kind of paradise, & if individuals feel no allegiance to that, we don't want them here, muddying the waters. & if we can't show that kind of documentation, or if the individual can't swear fealty to a secular government & civics & public morality, out he or she goes. Life is already complicated enough in the US, we don't need nor want ticking time bombs ensconced within the population.

& that's assuming that people entering the US are indeed refugees, in danger if they return to their country of origin. Nor do I feel we should spare no expense on behalf of Islamic refugees - if anything, we should consider favoring Christian & other non-Islamic refugees from Islamic countries in N. Africa & the Middle East, as those groups seem to be in the most danger. But even with them, we should do the documentation & personality assessments. I'm all for humanitarian concerns, but I'm also for common sense in our application of the refugee/immigration laws.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:36 PM

35,410 posts, read 10,475,434 times
Quote:

Eritrean refugee

Then there's this fiasco at the Lufthansa counter in Frankfort Germany:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKEeX_-ug48
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or