Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 07:57 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
ISIS attackers kill priest in France church attack

Two knife-wielding jihadists broke into a French church during mass Tuesday — brutally murdering a 84-year-old priest by slitting his throat before they were killed by police, according to reports. Two nuns and two worshipers were in the church in the town of Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray in Normandy when the men came in through a back door and shouted “Allahu Akbar!” – Arabic for “God is greatest” — and killed Jacques Hamel.

An elite police unit responded after one of the nuns escaped and called for help, and after an hour-long standoff, cops killed the assailants and freed three hostages. ISIS swiftly claimed responsibility for the attack, which shocked an already wounded nation reeling from strikes by radical Islamic terrorists.

“The perpetrators of the Normandy church attack are soldiers of the Islamic State who carried out the attack in response to calls to target countries of the Crusader coalition,” ISIS announced through its affiliated Amaaq news agency.
Any word on whether the killers entered the EU as part of the recent wave of immigrants that have invaded Europe, with the blessing of the EU and the leaders of these individual countries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 07:57 AM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
The article I read earlier on CNN mentioned nothing about beheading. Are we 100% sure? If so, this is a PRIME example of liberal bias in the media. Liberals tell Cons all the time that media bias is a figment of their imagination. Well here it is.

The liberal media would go nuts if a Christian beheaded an Iman and plaster it all over the internet---but if a Muslim beheads a priest----nary a word. Really sad.
Mainstream media is saying slit throat.

Non-mainstream media is mostly saying beheaded.

Who knows what the Muslim terrorist did?

‘ISIS attackers’ behead priest in France

Man detained in connection with France attack in which priest was beheaded | Metro News

Old 07-26-2016, 07:58 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,972,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The word "beheaded" was in quotes. I think they tried to behead him, but only accomplished slitting his throat.
Okay. Even so, I look forward to the day Europeans wake up and decide to take drastic measures to stop radical Islam.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:58 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
The article I read earlier on CNN mentioned nothing about beheading. Are we 100% sure? If so, this is a PRIME example of liberal bias in the media. Liberals tell Cons all the time that media bias is a figment of their imagination. Well here it is.

The liberal media would go nuts if a Christian beheaded an Iman and plaster it all over the internet---but if a Muslim beheads a priest----nary a word. Really sad.
He was not beheaded - his throat was slit. But CNN still hasn't addressed this.
Hollande: French church attacked 'in name of' ISIS - CNN.com

Nor has the NY Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/27/wo...ages.html?_r=0

Al Jazeera says the priest was killed with a knife by having his throat slit:
France church attack: Priest, attackers killed - News from Al Jazeera

Reuters also says his throat was slit:

Elderly priest killed in French church, attack claimed by Islamic State | Reuters

Old 07-26-2016, 07:59 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Their biggest mistake was NOT to let them to fly to Syria. I would get them free airline tickets. What they fail at is to let them back in.
I agree. Let these guys fly back to Syria and never let them come back, especially if they have no intention of keeping them in prison.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:59 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I wonder how long before Europeans start building more prisons and demand longer sentencing like we do. This soft on crime approach they have had for decades is about to end. I was shocked to see that the guy in Norway that killed over 80 people had to have special accommodations to keep him in prison longer than their longest sentence for murder, which is ten years. Now they have a serious criminal element in Europe, I guess they will become more like us Americans. I can't wait until the people demand the right to protect themselves.
I find it hard to believe that the leaders of the world cannot get their collective bs together to do what is necessary. Of course no one listened to Churchill either and Chamberlain appeased the Nazis over and over again until it become evident that they were monsters. I guess I have to resign myself to waiting until some man with the stomach and the BALLS comes along and decides to unleash the hounds of hell on these dirty little rodents. Until that day comes, we will all have to somehow deal with these unspeakable crimes. Im not sure how to do that...so I've turned off the television for a while and see if that helps.

Go Trump. He's just politically incorrect enough and angry enough to do it.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:06 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Default Obama's "Religion of peace"

What an idiot. But he will be gone soon and maybe we can refocus on this worldwide evil.
------------------
France hostage situation in Normandy sees priest, 86, killed by knifeman | Daily Mail Online

BTW, when was the last time you saw a headline like this "Southern Baptists behead Muslim priest and yell Glory be to God as they cut his head off?"

Old 07-26-2016, 08:08 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,954 times
Islam has no place in a civilized society.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:13 AM

2,023 posts, read 3,237,998 times
Disgusting, isn't it? These Muslim "migrants/refugees/under the radar ISIS soldiers" shouldn't be allowed in Europe in the first place. If anything, they should be moving to Muslim countries which share their religion of peace and culture.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:13 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Default ISIS attackers kill priest in France church attack

Quote:
ISIS attackers kill priest in France church attack

Two knife-wielding jihadists broke into a French church during mass Tuesday — brutally murdering a 84-year-old priest by slitting his throat before they were killed by police, according to reports.

Two nuns and two worshipers were in the church in the town of Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray in Normandy when the men came in through a back door and shouted “Allahu Akbar!” – Arabic for “God is greatest” — and killed Jacques Hamel.

An elite police unit responded after one of the nuns escaped and called for help, and after an hour-long standoff, cops killed the assailants and freed three hostages. ISIS swiftly claimed responsibility for the attack, which shocked an already wounded nation reeling from strikes by radical Islamic terrorists.
If anyone is wondering what it means that these attacks are now coming one after another in reasonably quick succession, it means that this is a war by these people against the "infidels" and against the West, which certainly includes us.

Any word on whether these radical Islamic killers entered the EU as part of the recent wave of immigrants that have invaded Europe, with the blessing of the EU and the leaders of these individual countries?

Last edited by Spartacus713; 07-26-2016 at 08:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies