U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 09:19 AM

2,339 posts, read 1,412,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
speaking of facebook, this morning when I looked it told me where I was and that I needed to be careful to not get wet because its going to rain here....

im not where I normally am, and I didn't tell facebook where I was...

its kind of creepy that it knows .
Are you on a phone? You probably gave it permission to use your GPS/Location so it gets the information automatically. I would think that's a default setting (I'm not intimately familiar with it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 09:19 AM

596 posts, read 319,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
The world needs a social media site like Facebook that isn't censored. Facebook has become the propaganda arm of the left with all the censorship.

What say you?

No the world needs less social media. To many half witted retards out there commenting on crap they know nothing about, using words from someone else, pretending to be something they're not.

Get off Facebook, your life will be better for it. You don't need an alternate social smugness circle jerking circle of nobodies blowing sunshine up your ass.

Be quiet.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:20 AM

14,188 posts, read 6,436,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
No the world needs less social media. To many half witted retards out there commenting on crap they know nothing about, using words from someone else, pretending to be something they're not.

Get off Facebook, your life will be better for it. You don't need an alternate social smugness circle jerking circle of nobodies blowing sunshine up your ass.

Be quiet.
And here you are, posting on a form of social media. Oh the irony.

16,284 posts, read 9,119,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
Are you on a phone? You probably gave it permission to use your GPS/Location so it gets the information automatically. I would think that's a default setting (I'm not intimately familiar with it).
yea it is.... im in the industry... its crazy the stuff these companies know about all of us.

17,497 posts, read 10,664,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I've never had anything censored on FB. You want something else, then do it.
The problem they only censor Republican sites.......yet allow cop killers to speak, dog fighting pictures to post, animal torture to post, and the pictures of thugs slicing open the throat of cops.......how is this reasonable censoring?

When people have to petition for FB to remove certain accounts that post abuse, there is a problem!

Old 07-26-2016, 09:23 AM

596 posts, read 319,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
And here you are, posting on a form of social media. Oh the irony.

Oh please, "the irony". Been waiting all day for that? Nobodies blowing sunshine up my ass on here, it's more a discussion than the usual posting of pictures of Marilyn Monroe holding a candle telling me about "having me at my worst-best" type of crap that's on Facebook.

Nothing brings an impotent narcissist to orgasm faster than detecting hypocrisy in someone.

Proud of you.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:23 AM

48,221 posts, read 45,519,102 times
There are people who posted very racist stuff on facebook. It shocked me because I figured "okay, you have Blacks on your friends list and they might see it". There is stuff I would never post. I ended up deleting some people.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
Oh please, "the irony". Been waiting all day for that? Nobodies blowing sunshine up my ass on here, it's more a discussion than the usual posting of pictures of Marilyn Monroe holding a candle telling me about "having me at my worst-best" type of crap that's on Facebook.

Nothing brings an impotent narcissist to orgasm faster than detecting hypocrisy in someone.

Proud of you.
Like I said, oh the irony. Whining about social media while posting on social media. Too freakin' funny. Good job!

Old 07-26-2016, 09:25 AM

2,339 posts, read 1,412,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

What are the chances of FB and their minions not making it hard for someone to start another site.....people are also way to dedicated to FB to change to another site.
Why would they not make it hard for their competition???? The entire point is to make money; they're not going to just stand around and watch others take it away.

I have to 100% disagree about people changing sites. What happened with MySpace? AIM? Live journal? Xanga? ICQ? These were all major players that have since become nobodies. People will change and adapt when something better comes along. That's the key. You have to create something better than Facebook to take their users away.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
Why would they not make it hard for their competition???? The entire point is to make money; they're not going to just stand around and watch others take it away.

I have to 100% disagree about people changing sites. What happened with MySpace? AIM? Live journal? Xanga? ICQ? These were all major players that have since become nobodies. People will change and adapt when something better comes along. That's the key. You have to create something better than Facebook to take their users away.
I actually liked MySpace for two reasons: you could have your own song for your page & you could have background designs or photos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies