U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-27-2016, 04:27 AM
 
Location: Jamestown, NY
7,841 posts, read 7,328,515 times
Reputation: 13779

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
The world needs a social media site like Facebook that isn't censored. Facebook has become the propaganda arm of the left with all the censorship.

What say you?
So, you're miffed because you can't promote hate on Facebook? Nobody's forcing you to join Facebook. If you don't like their policies, then don't frequent the site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-27-2016, 06:00 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
2,339 posts, read 1,411,096 times
Reputation: 1089
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I use FB and won't apologize for it. It's a great way to reconnect and stay in touch with long lost friends and family. If you don't like it then don't use it, very simple. Complaining about something you don't use on another form of the same damn thing is really kind of lame.
Based on what I've seen in this thread so far, I don't see a need or demand for an alternative. Why would anybody spend their time and money to develop something seemingly very few people would use?

I'd compare this to a vegetarian complaining about the quality of the steak in a restaurant. Sure it may be bad, but if the meat eaters like it, why should the owners care about why a vegetarian thinks poorly of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 06:04 AM
 
9,738 posts, read 8,061,134 times
Reputation: 6343
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
The world needs a social media site like Facebook that isn't censored. Facebook has become the propaganda arm of the left with all the censorship.

What say you?

I am seriously considering deleting my Facebook account. It has become a non-ending parade of self-absorbed postings and bragging about:

1. Children
2. Pets
3. Political cartoons/links
4. Recipes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 06:14 AM
 
9,738 posts, read 8,061,134 times
Reputation: 6343
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I use FB and won't apologize for it. It's a great way to reconnect and stay in touch with long lost friends and family. If you don't like it then don't use it, very simple. Complaining about something you don't use on another form of the same damn thing is really kind of lame.

If they are "long lost" then they aren't your real friends or family anyway. Just because you knew someone in high school does not make them your friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 06:16 AM
 
9,738 posts, read 8,061,134 times
Reputation: 6343
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
Based on what I've seen in this thread so far, I don't see a need or demand for an alternative. Why would anybody spend their time and money to develop something seemingly very few people would use?

I'd compare this to a vegetarian complaining about the quality of the steak in a restaurant. Sure it may be bad, but if the meat eaters like it, why should the owners care about why a vegetarian thinks poorly of it?
I could make the same case about "transgender bathrooms" or "gay marriage".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 06:17 AM
 
76 posts, read 39,979 times
Reputation: 55
Yes we do. One where the autistic asshat Zukerberg has nothing to do with his censorship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 06:54 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
2,339 posts, read 1,411,096 times
Reputation: 1089
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I could make the same case about "transgender bathrooms" or "gay marriage".
I'm talking about this more in the sense of a free market, not social issues. If there were businesses dedicated to providing bathrooms, then of course they should provide bathrooms towards the population with the greatest potential for revenue. The analogy falls apart when transgenders can use the same bathroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 08:26 AM
 
14,188 posts, read 6,428,762 times
Reputation: 14640
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I use FB and won't apologize for it. It's a great way to reconnect and stay in touch with long lost friends and family. If you don't like it then don't use it, very simple. Complaining about something you don't use on another form of the same damn thing is really kind of lame.
Right?? And what's hilarious is they have no idea of the irony of their actions or words. Too funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 08:27 AM
 
14,188 posts, read 6,428,762 times
Reputation: 14640
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
Why would anybody spend their time and money to develop something seemingly very few people would use?
Oh, that must be why there's approximately 1.65 billion active monthly users using FB. Because so few people use it.
• Facebook users worldwide 2016
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 08:30 AM
 
1,598 posts, read 826,560 times
Reputation: 1763
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh, that must be why there's approximately 1.65 billion active monthly users using FB. Because so few people use it.
• Facebook users worldwide 2016
I think the poster meant there was no demand for an alternative to FB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top