Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 12:59 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
The left had controlled the masses for too long. I can't wait for it to end. I am starting to believe that things will be solved by a right-wing authoritarian state installed in the US. I'm sick of seeing what their doing to America now. By the time the right comes up with a solution, it's already too late anyway.

Do the other conservatives on here actually agree with me?
How about government defend the rights of the individual and have a small Federal government instead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 01:04 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
The left had controlled the masses for too long. I can't wait for it to end. I am starting to believe that things will be solved by a right-wing authoritarian state installed in the US. I'm sick of seeing what their doing to America now. By the time the right comes up with a solution, it's already too late anyway.

You cannot have a totalitarian police state =and= inherent natural rights, natural and personal liberties, and absolute ownership of private property. They are mutually exclusive.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:36 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
How about government defend the rights of the individual and have a small Federal government instead?
Thats one of the main core beliefs of republican ideology, the Democrat viewpoint is Based on community and social responsibility.
A good read on the different ways of thinking between the two ideologies=
Republicans vs. Democrats Views on Government Size | The Classroom | Synonym
I dont see the need to hate each other for merely having a different viewpoint as to how we reach the promised land.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:40 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
That's inherent in a republican form of government. Unfortunately, it was abandoned in the 1820s when the stringent requirements for citizen / electors were abolished.

Old 07-28-2016, 05:04 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Think that be the Constitutional Party, but too much religious influence in their Party like Republicans. Outside of that they have good ideas for the Country. However, I cannot vote for a Party that is influenced by Religious beliefs in regards to making laws and governing a nation/state.

Don't agree with the Declaration of Independence?

Old 07-28-2016, 06:40 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Sadly, its the only way to get this country turned around. Damn near Reactionary dictatorship. This liberal mess has gone on far too long and its destroying this nation.

Unfortunately, order and discipline aren't exactly the national virtues at this point. This country has gone mad and crazy all brought on by liberal lunacy
I'm sorry, but I value my freedom. Coming from an ethnic group who has been historically denied essential freedoms, freedom comes first for me. Live free or die is my motto.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:13 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm sorry, but I value my freedom. Coming from an ethnic group who has been historically denied essential freedoms, freedom comes first for me. Live free or die is my motto.
To emphasize your point what are some of the freedoms you feel you are being denied by living in America?

Old 07-28-2016, 07:21 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
To emphasize your point what are some of the freedoms you feel you are being denied by living in America?
I'm not being denied them now. I said "historically", as in it used to be this way. I'm a Black American. Throughout the history of the USA, Blacks got the short end of the stick in terms of freedoms. Now, we have the same freedoms as anyone else. And I value the freedoms I have.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:25 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Authority is interpreted in many different ways. Some think simply showing a little bit of respect to a person with a badge is too much to ask.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:40 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb Why don't we turn America into a right-wing authoritarian state?

Quote:

You'll find that lots of posters in this forum are themselves right wing authoritarians, not conservatives. The venom dripping from their posts is a sure give-away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies