U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 07:26 AM

9,422 posts, read 4,329,650 times

Advertisements

You pays your money and you takes your chances. Anyone stupid enough to fall for the "Trump University" scam wouldn't have done any better at Harvard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 07:27 AM

16,753 posts, read 9,103,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Will his campaign have a reply to that woman who spoke last night at the DNC about getting cheated out of thousands after she lost her military husband? or will they claim they can't because they're in litigation?

San Antonio's Cheryl Lankford tells Trump University scam story at DNC | kens5.com
Not that this is sufficient, as it is merely deflection, but Bill Clinton has his own corrupt college for profit scheme. I think the GOP has laid low on this story as it brings up the Trump U, but if the Dems bring up Trump U more and more, I think the GOP brings up this one a bit.

Professor Compares Clinton For-Profit College To Trump U. | The Daily Caller

I am resigned to this election being 2 corrupt liars facing off.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Not that this is sufficient, as it is merely deflection, but Bill Clinton has his own corrupt college for profit scheme. I think the GOP has laid low on this story as it brings up the Trump U, but if the Dems bring up Trump U more and more, I think the GOP brings up this one a bit.

Professor Compares Clinton For-Profit College To Trump U. | The Daily Caller

I am resigned to this election being 2 corrupt liars facing off.
Yep. Could be interesting though. Will probably be the nastiest election in history.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:39 AM

36,834 posts, read 16,078,499 times
Quote:
Will his campaign have a reply to that woman who spoke last night at the DNC about getting cheated out of thousands after she lost her military husband? or will they claim they can't because they're in litigation?

San Antonio's Cheryl Lankford tells Trump University scam story at DNC | kens5.com
"]Will his campaign have a reply to that woman"

Maybe they will post ALL the letters they got saying how good the classes were.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:39 AM

4,899 posts, read 2,718,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
You pays your money and you takes your chances. Anyone stupid enough to fall for the "Trump University" scam wouldn't have done any better at Harvard.
so that's the defense? you fall for a scam and it's your problem?

sorry pal, we have laws in this country.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:44 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 25 days ago)

58,166 posts, read 40,957,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
An education is not a guarantee. There has to be some motivation to get up and put it to use.
But promising personal involvement and the selection of instructors who are experts in their field and supplying neither is what's known to reasonably sane people as an outright scam

Old 07-26-2016, 07:46 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 25 days ago)

58,166 posts, read 40,957,744 times
Quote:
I guess in your view Bernie Madoff shouldn't be in jail?

In the said event of a President Trump, Donny'd probably show some honor among con-men and pardon him, eh?

Old 07-26-2016, 08:35 AM

Quote:
so that's the defense? you fall for a scam and it's your problem?

sorry pal, we have laws in this country.
If any of the chumps can prove fraud and collect a nice payday that's fine with me. If not then they at least learn a valuable lesson: be skeptical. Assume everything is a fraud until proved otherwise.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:37 AM

4,899 posts, read 2,718,532 times
Quote:
If any of the chumps can prove fraud and collect a nice payday that's fine with me. If not then they at least learn a valuable lesson: be skeptical. Assume everything is a fraud until proved otherwise.
once again, we have LAWS in this country. you being fine with it is irrelevant.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:39 AM

35,209 posts, read 19,272,053 times
Talking Trump University

B-b-but Drumpf said it was operated by "the best people in the world!"

Seems I've heard him use that phrase a few times recently, too.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or