Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 12:00 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times

Advertisements

Has it occurred to any of you who are celebrating the DNC email scandal, what exactly Russia would have to gain by manipulating the US elections?

From CNN

Vladimir Putin: Who wins if he meddles in 2016 race? - CNNPolitics.com

"But Russia could end up winning either way. If Trump and his skepticism toward NATO doesn't take the White House, a weakened Clinton at the head of a frayed Democratic Party and a damaged democratic system also serves Moscow's purposes."

Are any of you bothered at all by the fact that this is even possible? I'm not saying that the DNC emails are somehow excused, but aren't we ignoring the real "Elephant in the room" here in ignoring the implications of a foreign government, a HOSTILE foreign government could be meddling in our elections?

The possibility concerns me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 12:03 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Has it occurred to any of you who are celebrating the DNC email scandal, what exactly Russia would have to gain by manipulating the US elections?

From CNN

Vladimir Putin: Who wins if he meddles in 2016 race? - CNNPolitics.com

"But Russia could end up winning either way. If Trump and his skepticism toward NATO doesn't take the White House, a weakened Clinton at the head of a frayed Democratic Party and a damaged democratic system also serves Moscow's purposes."

Are any of you bothered at all by the fact that this is even possible? I'm not saying that the DNC emails are somehow excused, but aren't we ignoring the real "Elephant in the room" here in ignoring the implications of a foreign government, a HOSTILE foreign government could be meddling in our elections?

The possibility concerns me.
yes, it does bother me, but I don't believe it's true.....honestly, I don't. I'm not being sarcastic.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:04 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,274 times
I for one prefer the Republican Russian Elephant to the Democrat Islamic Elephant.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:06 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Russia prefers Trump, Putin loves him and especially loves his views on NATO.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Russia prefers Trump, Putin loves him and especially loves his views on NATO.
And that is exactly why I think Russia may have a hand in it. NATO is in Putin's way. Someone who is anti-NATO in the WH is to his advantage.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:08 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
It's downright refreshing to see liberals all of a sudden extremely concerned about hacking and email security, perhaps they've all come to realize how dangerous their POTUS candidate is to this country now.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, it does bother me, but I don't believe it's true.....honestly, I don't. I'm not being sarcastic.
It may not be true, but it comes out as a win-win for Russia, either way.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:10 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It's downright refreshing to see liberals all of a sudden extremely concerned about hacking and email security, perhaps they've all come to realize how dangerous their POTUS candidate is to this country now.
Funny they didn't seem concerned with it before Friday.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:13 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Someone else posted here that it seems highly unlikely that our security forces (CIA, DoD, etc) would release such highly volatile information so immediately after an incident such as this, which leaves a rather large uncertainty of WHOM specifically it was that did the hacking.

So rather than get my knickers in a twist just yet over uncertainties, I'm expressing my ire for now with the one known certainty so far - that the DNC is corrupt and crooked in their dealings, and that they attempted to rob Americans of fair democracy with their shenanigans. When facts and irrefutable data pertaining to the parties responsible for the hack are determined, I'll comment on it then.

Isn't that what most intelligent people do? Wait for facts and data before committing to an opinion?

Old 07-26-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You didn't comprehend what my concerns were. Let me refresh your memory:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies