U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-26-2016, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, FL
2,636 posts, read 1,542,579 times
Reputation: 5005

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Him and Paul McCartney both need to hang it up!

McCartney sounds great in comparison -- but he's probably not a Dem.

 
Old 07-26-2016, 04:08 PM
 
Location: alexandria, VA
9,418 posts, read 4,326,088 times
Reputation: 5250
I liked Simon and Garfunkel when I was a kid. Liked Paul's songs pretty well: Sounds of Silence, I am a Rock, etc. But Bridge Over Troubled Water ended that. The crappiest, sappiest, song ever written.
 
Old 07-26-2016, 04:27 PM
 
Location: annandale, va & slidell, la
7,313 posts, read 3,031,389 times
Reputation: 6122
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I liked Simon and Garfunkel when I was a kid. Liked Paul's songs pretty well: Sounds of Silence, I am a Rock, etc. But Bridge Over Troubled Water ended that. The crappiest, sappiest, song ever written.
Can't imagine who in charge of the convention booked him. Maybe Pete Seeger wasn't available. Oops!
 
Old 07-26-2016, 04:30 PM
 
Location: San Francisco, CA
13,975 posts, read 10,915,300 times
Reputation: 12741
Oh, for God's sake. Conservatives being babies again.

Dude sounds about the same as he has his whole career. He was never an opera tenor. You're just all huffy because he sang it at the DNC. If he had sung it at the RNC, you'd all be jizzing yourselves saying "WHAT A GOOD JOB!"
 
Old 07-26-2016, 04:51 PM
 
14,192 posts, read 6,100,552 times
Reputation: 8847
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
McCartney sounds great in comparison -- but he's probably not a Dem.
I guess you don't know much about Paul McCartney. He's to the left of Bernie Sanders probably. Nice guy and great songwriter though. He's a vegan. His philosophy is never eat anything with a face. I have a lot of respect for him and his principles. He took his vows to Linda seriously. That's amazing for a rock star.
 
Old 07-26-2016, 04:54 PM
 
9,419 posts, read 10,178,850 times
Reputation: 7175
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Oh, for God's sake. Conservatives being babies again.

Dude sounds about the same as he has his whole career. He was never an opera tenor. You're just all huffy because he sang it at the DNC. If he had sung it at the RNC, you'd all be jizzing yourselves saying "WHAT A GOOD JOB!"
True , he was the best of the singer songwriters. Not many of them could really knock your socks off with their voice. But they made big money singing their own great songs with their puny voices.
He owns his own publishing rights so the cash register will be ringing. A live performance that gets recorded and played over and over maybe for many years might be worth dragging himself off his death bed.
 
Old 07-26-2016, 04:55 PM
 
Location: zooland 1
3,744 posts, read 3,416,322 times
Reputation: 5516
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Drugs and/or alcohol mixed with a good dose of old age conspire to not make Mr Simon great again.
Marijuana is good for you....ask any user

This was embarrassing.... Live on the royalties...don't try to be royalty with Hillary
 
Old 07-26-2016, 05:01 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, FL
2,636 posts, read 1,542,579 times
Reputation: 5005
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I guess you don't know much about Paul McCartney. He's to the left of Bernie Sanders probably. Nice guy and great songwriter though. He's a vegan. His philosophy is never eat anything with a face. I have a lot of respect for him and his principles. He took his vows to Linda seriously. That's amazing for a rock star.

No, don't know much about him personally, my comment was based on the fact that he's not even American.


He may well lean a bit to the left, but I don't think that's important either way, its his art that counts. I have great respect for his talent and I think that his body of work will live forever in musical history. Far longer than Paul Simon's.
 
Old 07-26-2016, 06:14 PM
 
11,638 posts, read 5,925,103 times
Reputation: 1694
Simon musta worshipped LBJ as much as he does Hillary.
 
Old 07-26-2016, 06:45 PM
 
Location: Upstate NY
35,423 posts, read 10,475,434 times
Reputation: 33443
Even Susan Sarandon seemed unimpressed.

That said, he doesn't sound much different from the ancient singers resurrected to perform their hits on those three-hour PBS "Golden Oldies" shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top