U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 10:48 AM

33,324 posts, read 14,548,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Trump endorsed Democrats like Bill Clinton and even Hillary Clinton in previous presidential elections.

Trump has often said that he thinks the economy does better when Democrats are in office.

He tends to give more money to Democrat candidates.

I think he's more "center" than most people acknowledge. If not a tad bit left.
So you think people DON'T change their minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 11:13 AM

54,159 posts, read 38,236,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Trump endorsed Democrats like Bill Clinton and even Hillary Clinton in previous presidential elections.

Trump has often said that he thinks the economy does better when Democrats are in office.

He tends to give more money to Democrat candidates.

I think he's more "center" than most people acknowledge. If not a tad bit left.

I think his only center is himself and the political spectrum has no affect on that.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:10 PM

71,504 posts, read 30,040,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Actually, I am settling for Hillary, primarily due to economic concerns of a Trump presidency and I am pro-choice and due to SCOTUS nominations upcoming, I would prefer she pick the nominees for SCOTUS judges.
Ban abortions and they will not end. Ban guns and No one is going to turn them in.

The establishment has done a superb job in creating this Boogeyman.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:15 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,021,576 times
There is no "center". "Our" system is designed to use government aggression, violence, and coercion to impose the will of some upon others. The entire system is right wing authoritarianism.

To be in the "center" between the "right" authoritarians and the "left" authoritarians is to be a "middle" authoritarian. (Whatever meaningless nonsense that would be)

Maybe the "center" is a "compromise" authoritarian flavor between the social/economic tyrant parties?

You are either for human freedom or you are not. If the "center" picks a different or "centered" agenda to impose upon everyone else through government aggression, violence, and coercion, they are just as bad as the thug "right" and thug "left" in this country.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:18 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,136,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
There is no "center". "Our" system is designed to use government aggression, violence, and coercion to impose the will of some upon others. The entire system is right wing authoritarianism.

To be in the "center" between the "right" authoritarians and the "left" authoritarians is to be a "middle" authoritarian. (Whatever meaningless nonsense that would be)

Maybe the "center" is a "compromise" authoritarian flavor between the social/economic tyrant parties?

You are either for human freedom or you are not. If the "center" picks a different or "centered" agenda to impose upon everyone else through government aggression, violence, and coercion, they are just as bad as the thug "right" and thug "left" in this country.
And both sides with the argument "you are either for human freedom or you are not" is the reason why we as society have become so polarized! Ultimatums like the quote make solving society's problems more simplistic than reality! The world's problems are too complex to be put in a box of "you're either with us or against us!"

Old 08-03-2016, 10:07 AM

As our immoral and evil form of government is only an institution of aggression, violence, and coercion that imposes the will of some upon others there is no "center". The "left", "center", and "right" are all authoritarians that impose their personal will upon everyone else with thug government force. "Our" government is an aggressor and anyone who endorses or participates in it are far right wing authoritarians.

The only real difference between any so-called "left", "center", or "right" in this country is what particular special interests are imposed upon others with government violence, aggression, and coercion. They are all thugs and tyrants towards their fellow man, all right-wing authoritarians. None of which believe in individual human freedom. None of which have the basic morality to obey the non-aggression principle.

The "center" are thugs who wish to sound less like the thugs that they truly are. They are supposedly less like dictators over their neighbors because they have their own specific agenda that they wish to impose upon everyone else. In reality, they are no less barbaric and immoral than the thugs on the "left" and "right".

Old 08-03-2016, 10:22 AM

20,995 posts, read 10,627,451 times
Trump is basically a 60s Democrat. Before the dems abandoned the working man for the illegal alien.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
And both sides with the argument "you are either for human freedom or you are not" is the reason why we as society have become so polarized! Ultimatums like the quote make solving society's problems more simplistic than reality! The world's problems are too complex to be put in a box of "you're either with us or against us!"
The disconnect is that you believe that government aggression, violence, and coercion "solves" anything. This belief is exactly why everyone is so polarized. When living in a "society" based only upon aggression and coercion, anyone who does not use thug government to impose their personal will upon everyone else, will have someone else's personal will imposed upon them. This "society" makes everyone a thug and tyrant toward their fellow man.

The only thing that this "government" solves, is the "problem" of people being free human beings and obeying the non-aggression principle. The "society" that results from being "governed" by an institution of aggression is one where everyone is a thug and tyrant towards their fellow man. That is why "we" are so polarized.

If we were not trying so hard to use "government" aggression to impose our personal will upon everyone else we would not need to be polarized in any way whatsoever. We might even start acting like human beings towards one another instead of the animals that "our" government has turned us into.

Without this "justified" form of aggression at our disposal, we might have to actually make voluntary peaceful agreements with one another. We might actually stop hating our fellow man and human freedom.

Live and let live

The only just form of force is retaliatory. Every initiation of force upon another is evil and immoral for any reason whatsoever...

Maximize human freedom for every individual human being and obey the non-aggression principle...that is the only possible just and moral form of "society". Every other construct is the dream of thugs and tyrants...

Old 08-03-2016, 11:22 AM

14,385 posts, read 7,092,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So you plan to overlook her lying to the American people about matters of national security, committing national security crimes and committing perjury in a congressional hearing (not to mention other serious issues)?

Sorry if I don't believe you are doing anything other than voting for the letter D for POTUS.
I think all politicians lie and all people lie.

Also, I do not buy into right wing media outlets and their witch hunt-esque campaigns against her. She has never been convicted of anything at all and IMO the right is just wasting money to continuously go after her.

It doesn't matter to me what you think in regards to my vote. I am settling for her primarily because she is the only candidate that can win that I feel comfortable with being president. Jill Stein and Gary Johnson are not going to win. I do not feel comfortable with Trump as my president so I will vote for Hillary Clinton instead of him. Simple as that.

I actually am really torn mostly regarding our senate race here in Ohio for Portman and Strickland. Portman is very anti-choice. I am a woman and as I get older and especially after having had children and a miscarriage, I vehemently just do not agree that government should place ridiculous restrictions only on abortion services and we have had some crazy legislation passed in Ohio over the past few years that is severely anti-choice and limits a woman's access to abortion services.

However, since Portman is a federal senator and in light of the recent SCOTUS decision on the TX abortion case, I am still considering voting for Portman because Strickland had a poor record here in Ohio with fiscal strength and I trust Portman more than Strickland in this area. Usually I go with the economy over a social issue like abortion and in light of the SCOTUS decision I may just vote for Portman.

And FWIW, no matter what you think of me "voting for the D" in the presidential election, I am primarily doing it due to the economy. I honestly don't get any of you Trump supporters at all or why you even support him he is a danger to our markets IMO.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:26 AM

14,385 posts, read 7,092,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Ban abortions and they will not end. Ban guns and No one is going to turn them in.

The establishment has done a superb job in creating this Boogeyman.
I am a legal gun owner so don't know why you mentioned banning guns in response to my comment.

I also am a woman and I believe the government should not be involved the medical decisions of a woman and her family and physicians so I am pro-choice and prefer to have SCOTUS judges who are pro-choice. Clinton IMO is a given to nominate pro-choice judges. I also don't think that either abortions or guns should be banned nor what you think they have to do with each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or