U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 05:15 AM

1,955 posts, read 3,015,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
He doesn't know that Reagan started this program. There is nothing wrong with it. Associating anything with Obama is toxic to these posters. Go figure!!!
He also doesn't know that the typical "Reganphone" the cell companies give out is a total POS phone of the kind they sell at Wal-Mart on prepaid for ten bucks. If someone wants a better phone, they have to pay for it. But yeah, that feature phone with no camera and a 2" screen is awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 05:19 AM

1,955 posts, read 3,015,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Did Reagan provide landline access to poor people or mobile phones?
You are aware that providing landline phones to poor people is a LOT more expensive than providing cell phones, right?

Old 07-27-2016, 06:33 AM

37,005 posts, read 16,134,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Everyday, I see dozens of new threads started on how you guys hate Obama and Clinton and hundreds of posts agreeing with those OP's.

The question is... do you guys have full time jobs? How do you find the time to post these fake outrage threads and posts at all hours of the day and night?
"Everyday, I see dozens of new threads started on how you guys hate Obama and Clinton"

NO you DON'T .

Your post is a lie.

ONLY the LEFT accuses anyone who does NOT agree with them as, repubs "hate (fill in the blank)

Old 07-27-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Actually, I'm not outraged at all. I'm just curious how conservatives can find the time to post at all hours of the day? I have a full time job and some days I don't even have time to get on here.
There is a term you obviously have NOT heard of, "baby boomers".

We ACTUALLY worked our whole lives, I started having to do chores around the house when I entered 1st grade, then with a paper route when I was 12, paid into Social Security and Medicare (against our will) which paid for those who worked before us and retired, enrolled in our 401K pension plans, invested in our IRA pension plans and NOW are ABLE through our hard work and smart investing to be ABLE to retire and do what we want with our EARNED "free" time.

It isn't really "free", because we PAID FOR IT.

Old 07-27-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Based on previous posts, I don't think so. Reading posters with any regularity, it becomes really clear. Take away the shield that is Medicare and Social Security, then watch what happens. If Republicans get their way with entitlement reform and Paul Ryan gets his way with privatizing Medicare, I will laugh and laugh and laugh.

But OP, that's why they have the time to post 24/7. They've got Fox in the background and a lot of time to share right wingery.

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle
I'm under 35.

See War. they whine and complain because we were FORCED to PAY our entire working lives for programs STATED BY DEMS and now that we have paid our "dues" and are getting "rewarded" for all those years of paying into those programs, we are insulted by little punks for taking advantage of DEM programs.

They "forget" that W. Bush TRIED to "fix" SS but, the dems REFUSED to even attend the meeting he called.

And now all they do is whine and cry because we collect on it.

Medicare, according to them, is an "entitlement" that we paid for our entire working lives and STILL PAY TODAY if we choose to enroll in it.

But it is "our" fault.

The immaturity of those doing the whining is TREMENDOUS.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
You are aware that providing landline phones to poor people is a LOT more expensive than providing cell phones, right?
How do you come up with that?

A land line costs around $20 a month. A telephone to hook to it costs about $15, a 1 time cost.

The last I heard, and do not if true or not, today's program gives "smart phones with UNLIMITED TEXT and DATA.

You can't TOUCH a smart phone for $15.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:18 AM

20,812 posts, read 10,079,044 times
Quote:
Actually, I'm not outraged at all. I'm just curious how conservatives can find the time to post at all hours of the day? I have a full time job and some days I don't even have time to get on here.
The problem people are having with your post, and again, I don't define myself as either a conservative or liberal, is that instead of asking how "people" find time to post at all hours of the day, you're asking how "conservatives" find time to post at all hours of the day. Whether you intended to or not, it sounds like you're indicting one group of people as having nothing better to do.

I tend to hop on here when I'm on LONG holds trying to reach someone. I need little sleep, I'm up working out and then working at an unGodly hour while the rest of the world sleeps, and I put in 50 - 60 hours a week.

In addition, I'm a widower not in a relationship, my adult children are gone and on their own, I'm a published author, I'm a public speaker, and I do volunteer work.

I say all of this to dispel any notion that people are sitting on here with nothing else to do. I doubt that's the case with anyone.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:36 AM

14,298 posts, read 8,119,280 times
Quote:
Everyday, I see dozens of new threads started on how you guys hate Obama and Clinton and hundreds of posts agreeing with those OP's.

The question is... do you guys have full time jobs? How do you find the time to post these fake outrage threads and posts at all hours of the day and night?
How can you possibly have a job after I've heard so many democrats giving speeches complaining about how awful the economy and unemployment have become?

Old 07-27-2016, 08:48 AM

3,855 posts, read 5,309,781 times
I've worked for thirty years. Cleaned houses and baby sat during high school. Now, if I go out and try to get a job, I'm being selfish and stealing from the millenials.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:19 AM

5,159 posts, read 2,612,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
How can you possibly have a job after I've heard so many democrats giving speeches complaining about how awful the economy and unemployment have become?
Huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies