Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 09:26 PM

26,457 posts, read 15,053,236 times

Advertisements

I'm on summer break!

I make less than all of my old college buddies, but as a Teacher I get to turn off the alarm clock for just about 10 or so weeks in the middle of the summer. Wouldn't trade it for more money, I am frugal and invest anyways!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 09:30 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,102 times
I guess many retired posters, posters on disability (which would be ironic since they collect from the government they hate - LOL), underemployed people and maybe some disaffected students. I can't imagine anyone would be paid to troll this site. No offense but it is not that influential. Cheers!!

Old 07-26-2016, 09:34 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Everyday, I see dozens of new threads started on how you guys hate Obama and Clinton and hundreds of posts agreeing with those OP's.

The question is... do you guys have full time jobs? How do you find the time to post these fake outrage threads and posts at all hours of the day and night?
A forum was put up for individuals to post and you think it's fake outrage becausethey disagree with you. Why are you here?

Old 07-26-2016, 09:35 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Everyday, I see dozens of new threads started on how you guys hate Obama and Clinton and hundreds of posts agreeing with those OP's.

The question is... do you guys have full time jobs? How do you find the time to post these fake outrage threads and posts at all hours of the day and night?
Based on the comments, most are right wing seniors on or about to be on Medicare and Social Security. This security gives them a sense of superiority which will only be cured when Paul Ryan hands them a voucher equivalent to a Walgreens coupon for 20% off a hip replacement on Tuesday evenings after 7 p.m.

When Republicans start in on entitlement reform (their dream), you are going to see humbled seniors with a whole different attitude while they are desperately shopping for a health insurance policy with low deductibles.

I've seen right wing posters that didn't pay their taxes, negotiated for a reduced amount, are getting $8-10K medical treatments (paid for them of course) every month or two and can't wait to get on Medicare.

Yours and my tax dollars are paying for them:

- Few seniors have actually paid for their Medicare benefits. According to an Urban Institute estimate, the typical retired couple paid $122,000 in lifetime Medicare taxes but can expect to receive benefits worth $387,000. Social Security is another story. There, the average retired couple paid $600,000 in lifetime taxes for $579,000 in benefits. Put together, it's $722,000 in taxes for $966,000 in benefits. (All figures are adjusted for inflation.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...cial-security/

Old 07-26-2016, 09:40 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Based on the comments, most are right wing seniors on or about to be on Medicare and Social Security.
I'm under 35.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:40 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Based on the comments, most are right wing seniors on or about to be on Medicare and Social Security. This security gives them a sense of superiority which will only be cured when Paul Ryan hands them a voucher equivalent to a Walgreens coupon for 20% off a hip replacement on Tuesday evenings after 7 p.m.

When Republicans start in on entitlement reform (their dream), you are going to see humbled seniors with a whole different attitude while they are desperately shopping for a health insurance policy with low deductibles.

I've seen right wing posters that didn't pay their taxes, negotiated for a reduced amount, are getting $8-10K medical treatments (paid for them of course) every month or two and can't wait to get on Medicare.

- Few seniors have actually paid for their Medicare benefits. According to an Urban Institute estimate, the typical retired couple paid $122,000 in lifetime Medicare taxes but can expect to receive benefits worth $387,000. Social Security is another story. There, the average retired couple paid $600,000 in lifetime taxes for $579,000 in benefits. Put together, it's $722,000 in taxes for $966,000 in benefits. (All figures are adjusted for inflation.)

I'll be waiting for proof of this. Not that the truth matters to someone like you.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:42 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:

More fake outrage, just like the original post.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:46 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,111,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
What's your job?
I'm an engineer. I run construction projects.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:55 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,111,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
More fake outrage, just like the original post.
Actually, I'm not outraged at all. I'm just curious how conservatives can find the time to post at all hours of the day? I have a full time job and some days I don't even have time to get on here.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:55 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
I'm under 35.
Based on previous posts, I don't think so. Reading posters with any regularity, it becomes really clear. Take away the shield that is Medicare and Social Security, then watch what happens. If Republicans get their way with entitlement reform and Paul Ryan gets his way with privatizing Medicare, I will laugh and laugh and laugh.

But OP, that's why they have the time to post 24/7. They've got Fox in the background and a lot of time to share right wingery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies