U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 11:18 AM

8,199 posts, read 6,123,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Wow.

You're young, and you are basing your opinion on what "people have told" you.

Well, I am telling you: This is currently a great country.
I'm basing my opinion on what people I have trusted told me and an extensive reading of history.

I don't care what you think. I'm sure most leftists do think the country is great now since leftist principles are now the guiding force in the country. What you see as a great country I see as a formerly great country in decline. Or to use an example, Rome in 400AD.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:20 AM

9,701 posts, read 7,244,373 times
This country is so great, people have no idea.

The U.S. is the richest major country on earth. The current economy is the envy of the globe. People don't know how good they have it. The average American lives better than the average person anywhere else on the planet.

Obama has been a good President, and if Hillary continues the status quo I will be VERY happy.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:33 AM

13,191 posts, read 6,308,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I have a great job making a six figure salary living in a great city (NYC) with an amazing women who also makes a great salary. We are well educated and have great families who love us and support everything we do.

If you work hard, you will also have a great life. I'm sorry that some of you make poor life decisions, but that is all on you. No, Trump will not help you. Sorry.
You forgot that the ones that caused all the rage are from the Democraps. For years, they railed against the top 1%, while their policies benefited the top 1%.

After 8 years, people are still feeling economically insecure.

The Democraps manipulate people. It's great if they want Obama's 3rd term to continue. It's a great country for Michelle Obama because she is the first family. It was not so great when her husband was just a Senator. She was never proud of USA.
While many of us are really proud of USA, even we are just the little people.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:36 AM

2,766 posts, read 2,299,795 times
Quote:
Are you mad that my life is better than yours? Bootstraps, kid.
What is wrong with you? Do you think people are so blind that we can't see you derive your self-worth from comparing yourself to others who are less fortunate?

So I guess, by your logic, a person born with a disability that puts them at a disadvantage just didn't work hard enough.

Seriously. You have a mental disorder. Seek professional help, sicko. Or kill yourself.

What a sick weirdo.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:39 AM

8,422 posts, read 4,360,882 times
This proves just how far from "Great" America is!
Attached Thumbnails
The US is already GREAT!-america.jpg  

Old 07-27-2016, 11:44 AM

4,866 posts, read 2,347,034 times
Quote:
I have a great job making a six figure salary living in a great city (NYC) with an amazing women who also makes a great salary. We are well educated and have great families who love us and support everything we do.

If you work hard, you will also have a great life. I'm sorry that some of you make poor life decisions, but that is all on you. No, Trump will not help you. Sorry.

Not too good on the social skills tho are you pal! You have some growing up to do.

"We will have 1 rent controlled unless she kicks the bucket." Answering a poster with Thanks gramps - and the funniest telling a homeless person that nows the time for him to walk to Appalachian Trail - seriously?

Old 07-27-2016, 11:48 AM

8,422 posts, read 4,360,882 times
Another photo of the "Great" America!
Attached Thumbnails
The US is already GREAT!-bernie-supporters-.jpg  

Old 07-27-2016, 11:59 AM

7,281 posts, read 8,868,414 times
If the USA is great then why do the Democrats have such a hard time saying it and why do they want to change it into something else?

Old 07-27-2016, 12:27 PM

4,841 posts, read 8,229,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
This country is so great, people have no idea.

The U.S. is the richest major country on earth. The current economy is the envy of the globe. People don't know how good they have it. The average American lives better than the average person anywhere else on the planet.

Obama has been a good President, and if Hillary continues the status quo I will be VERY happy.
Most of Europe and East Asia is doing a lot better then us, as well as our Canadian neighbors.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:35 PM

8,792 posts, read 4,713,823 times
I will say that America is in a bad spot. Trade deals over the years have destroyed the Blue Collar workforce and limited goverment funding have affected military manufacturing contracts. In addition, goverment dependency continues to grow and the middle class shrinks. The poor continue to grow and rich grow as well with their risky investments protected by the Goverment. Banks go unregulated and nationalized by the Government. Crime/drug rates increase. Current Government policies encourage illegal immigrantion. Decisions made by the media and those in politics continue to feed the flames of racism. Politicians are more corrupt as ever. America polices the world and owes debt to many nations. Politicians Carr more about life in your bedroom then real issues going on in America. State taxes continue to rise. COL rises. Healthcare is being destroyed by the ACA. Some children don't eat every day or eat one meal a day. Soliders barely make a living and Veterans care is in need of reform to provide better care. Same with mental health care needs a reform. Common Core has had a negative impact on our education in America. Many nations do well financially and offer abundant services to its people such as mandatory 4 weeks vacation, 6 to 12 month maternity leave paid in full, and encourage employers to create flexible hour so individuals can spend time with family.

Not saying Trump is the answer. Only politician that could and again can't solve it all, but who I think can spur change is Gary Johnson.

Last edited by RunD1987; 07-27-2016 at 12:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or