U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 12:40 PM

8,422 posts, read 4,370,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Most of Europe and East Asia is doing a lot better then us, as well as our Canadian neighbors.

A-M-E-N!

Old 07-27-2016, 12:46 PM

8,422 posts, read 4,370,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I will say that America is in a bad spot. Trade deals over the years have destroyed the Blue Collar workforce and limited goverment funding have affected military manufacturing contracts. In addition, goverment dependency continues to grow and the middle class shrinks. The poor continue to grow and rich grow as well their risky investments protected by the Goverment. Banks go unregulated and nationalized by the Government. Crime/drug rates increase. Current Government policies encourage illegal immigrantion. Decisions made by the media and those in politics continue to feed the flames of racism. Politicians are more corrupt as ever. America polices the world and owes debt to many nations. Politicians Carr more about life in your bedroom then real issues going on in America. State taxes continue to rise. COL rises. Healthcare is bing destroyed by the ACA. Some children don't eat most of the time or eat one meal a day. Are soliders barely make a living and Veterans care is in need of reform to provide better care. Same with mental health care needs a reform.

Not saying Trump is the answer. Only politician that could and again can't solve it all, but who I think can spur change is Gary Johnson.

Koolaid drinking BSing dimwitted leg-humpers of the CORPORATE HO Clinton and Mohammed Obama the POS RADICAL ISLAMIST, should be deported to the ME along with those two!

Only then/without them..... would the US be on the road to greatness

Old 07-27-2016, 03:04 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,235,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I have a great job making a six figure salary living in a great city (NYC) with an amazing women who also makes a great salary. We are well educated and have great families who love us and support everything we do.

If you work hard, you will also have a great life. I'm sorry that some of you make poor life decisions, but that is all on you. No, Trump will not help you. Sorry.
Low educated feel differently. They failed in high school, they didn't take education seriously and now are suffering the consequences

Anyone who says my country isn't grear can take a flying leap.

Old 07-27-2016, 04:57 PM

4,194 posts, read 2,492,397 times
I am a high school graduate and my retirement in 50K a year, and I am only 48. Big deal, and with my current job I make over 6 figures yearly. Big deal, right. Its the taxes that **** me off, every where you turn they nickel and dime ya to death on crap you want nothing to do with..

Old 07-27-2016, 07:34 PM
Status: "My President is an Unabashed Racist!" (set 1 minute ago)

2,739 posts, read 3,272,944 times
GREAT is The Country WE live in and Love.

The following words are forever agreed with, and seared in my mind:

"Never confuse BLUSTER with BRAVERY."

"Don't You Ever bet against The United States of America!"

"Americans have NEVER let America down."

He is so Goddamn RIGHT!

UUURAAHH!

Old 07-27-2016, 07:38 PM

4,199 posts, read 2,023,594 times
Quote:
I have a great job making a six figure salary living in a great city (NYC) with an amazing women who also makes a great salary. We are well educated and have great families who love us and support everything we do.

If you work hard, you will also have a great life. I'm sorry that some of you make poor life decisions, but that is all on you. No, Trump will not help you. Sorry.

I agree, America is GREAT! I've asked the government for nothing! I worked my way through college and can retire today, if I wanted to!

Old 07-27-2016, 07:39 PM

39,322 posts, read 20,390,256 times
Quote:

Got to love it when you pay all those taxes or do you hire an army of tax attorneys to help you pay little or no taxes. Yea, Hillary will help the rich, we know. psst, I too make a 6 figure income but your arrogance is beyond ... Don't get too cocky op or reality may hit you in the face.

Hard working American especially the middle class deserve better than Hillary. They're trying to make an honest living but keep getting stuck with the bill. They work hard to support their families but now making less. Liberal land didn't help them in the Obama era and Obama 2.0 isn't going to help them either.

So while you smugly tell people that you make a 6 figure income there are those of us who understand that the middle class has been getting screwed and Hlllary is not the answer.

Last edited by petch751; 07-27-2016 at 08:29 PM..

Old 07-27-2016, 07:53 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,169,760 times
The smug and elitist thread is, well, laughable.

Considering only about 5% of Americans earn six figure income, then it is assumed that 95% of Americans don't work hard and make bad decisions?

Yeah, no wonder most of Americans hate people like you. (and certainly hate the idea of the elitist running their lives...)

Old 07-27-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Agreed!!!

People who fail and get subpar results are typically the type to look for external factors to blame (the ruling political party, the economy, whatever). The actions you take to improve your own life will have far more impact that who wins any election.
I do have to agree with this. If you are a success then there is no reason to blame others. Notice which side of the isle is always pointing the finger at the other party.

To your second point, true again. When people are desperate they'll believe a lot of things they would normally stop and think about. The rich know that no one will save, they learn and do it themselves. The poor believe politicians who imply they will legislate their prosperity. Any politician who promises to legislate prosperity without effort is feeding off desperation and weakness.

I'm not sure what the op's point is and why they are being so nasty, but it's not a good way to pump Hillary.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
The smug and elitist thread is, well, laughable.

Considering only about 5% of Americans earn six figure income, then it is assumed that 95% of Americans don't work hard and make bad decisions?

Yeah, no wonder most of Americans hate people like you. (and certainly hate the idea of the elitist running their lives...)
I'm not sure what the op's point is and why they are being so nasty, but it's not a good way to pump Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or