U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 09:54 PM

17,497 posts, read 10,676,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Are you mad that my life is better than yours? Bootstraps, kid.
Why don't you peddle this message to BLM and Bernie supporters, they are the ones burning the flag......or are you afraid to walk among them?

Old 07-27-2016, 09:55 PM

10,218 posts, read 6,808,018 times
Fact of the matter, is the world has drastically changed in the last 45 years. Heavy manufacturing left in the 70s and 80s. Automation and technology has replaced countless other jobs. The world has changed and not enough people have adapted, especially those middle aged folks.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:57 PM

1,469 posts, read 861,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
This is one of the things that really bugs me about Trump (and I don't actually think he's a terrible person).

This whole "make American great again" slogan really bothers me.

This is already a great country! In fact, many politicians (including many Republicans) often refer to it as "the greatest country in the world." When did we stop being great? Let me guess, 2008?

It just seems to me that Trump is playing to the lowest common denominator with that slogan.

We are a GREAT country, thanks to the hard work and sacrifice of the WW2 generation. That was a time when we were admired and respected by other countries. We had pride, we had a work ethic. We built products in the USA......

Being great again has NOTHING to do with the racist attitudes of the 50's and 60's. We have become weak, our youth doesn't want to work, everyone expects handouts and no one is willing to take responsibility for themselves and quit blaming everyone else for everything that is wrong in our lives....We don't stand up to our enemies anymore, we draw lines in the sand that we don't enforce and for the first time in our lives Isis has brought a foreign war to our soil.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:59 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,895,466 times
Default America is Great!

We have real issue and our economy has been chipped away for decades. What's makes America Great is our ability to change course.

All American's want great things for America. This is not the issue. The Issue is the path and which Candidate can right the ship.

More the same or direction Action?

Old 07-27-2016, 10:01 PM

17,497 posts, read 10,676,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
It's backwards. It's Republicans now playing the victim the card, saying how everything is so bad, and saying how the system is rigged.
Trump is referring to on going wars, soldiers sent to foreign lands to fight for other men, debt to China for cheap crap, immigrants receiving better care and welfare that our vets do not get, illegals and refugees brought here, made instant citizens to vote Democrat........ get it now?

Bernie supporters believe the system is rigged, talk to them......Bernie was convinced to step down and you know it!

Old 07-27-2016, 10:15 PM

66,574 posts, read 33,879,006 times
Quote:
I have a great job making a six figure salary living in a great city (NYC) with an amazing women who also makes a great salary. We are well educated and have great families who love us and support everything we do.

If you work hard, you will also have a great life. I'm sorry that some of you make poor life decisions, but that is all on you. No, Trump will not help you. Sorry.

In my lifetime, personal liberties have declined. With government now making the choice for us, from the day I was born. Nothing Great about that.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:36 PM

23,835 posts, read 8,328,539 times
The govt has NO place in my life's choices, I'm going on 78. Never living in another country, I believe America is pretty darn GOOD. Not perfect? What is Perfect? Death is probably the greatest Perfect Peace.

I just about gagged when Trump went off making it great Again and how many jump on this with that joker.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:27 PM

16,492 posts, read 16,606,219 times
It IS a rigged-game, corrupt and immoral as they come. If YOUR bread is getting buttered, yes, you probably think Murrrrca is the bee's knees.

More and more Idiocracy = less and less competitive = more and more outsourcing.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:06 AM

3,333 posts, read 2,311,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Ha.

I think I solved your problem.

Stop believing that the "posts on this site" are reality.
LOL THIS!! It cracks me up that on CD, and the internet as a whole, everyone here is ultra successful, beautiful, multi-talented, started out with nothing and is now is among the top .0000000000001% in the world in wealth, intelligence, looks, fitness, and all around awesomeness. I wonder if CD really stands for Clearly Delusional!!!

Old 07-28-2016, 12:11 AM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,910,626 times
Quote:
I have a great job making a six figure salary living in a great city (NYC) with an amazing women who also makes a great salary. We are well educated and have great families who love us and support everything we do.

If you work hard, you will also have a great life. I'm sorry that some of you make poor life decisions, but that is all on you. No, Trump will not help you. Sorry.
I would like to see your face when you see the increase in taxes that will come with Democrats if we didn't have people in place to stop them. I remember Jimmy Carter and how hard it was to manage when others were feeding their dogs with meat from the human food trays because you couldn't buy dog food with food stamps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or