U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 09:30 AM

2,637 posts, read 1,548,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
According to the survivors interviewed in that piece the women were sitting in the middle of the boat, and when the fuel started leaking in, the men panicked and rushed around trampling them.

That does sound like a plausible explanation. During the interviews, the men gave consistent accounts. And I have to say that they did not come off as killers. Nevertheless, I felt like there was some things that were not being expressed. Could have been as simple and natural as sadness and regret at what happened, or could have been guilt, or simply the reactions that these men from a different culture have towards the reality of death in a dangerous world. They were on the boat for two weeks -- was the food and water apportioned fairly?
Its hard to draw other conclusions just from what we are shown. That's why I said that an autopsy might have helped clarify things one way or the other. But, seems the Italians are dealing with a tough situation in which many boats like this are washing up, and maybe its all they can do to pull survivors out of the water and they don't have the will of the resources to investigate further. Arguably they're doing the refugees a huge favor just by picking them up, and the Italian authorities have no obligation beyond what they are willing to give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 09:38 AM

7,281 posts, read 8,884,402 times
Boat full of men and women. The women all end up dead.

Autopsy to determine exactly what? How the men killed the women?

The boat didn't do it. They weren't killed by sharks or other marine life.

They weren't hit by lightning.

The women didn't all kill each other because then one would be left alive.

The men killed the women. Why does it seem to matter how they did it?

Old 07-27-2016, 09:46 AM

2,637 posts, read 1,548,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
The men killed the women. Why does it seem to matter how they did it?

Well it really doesn't since it doesn't look like anyone is going to anything about it regardless
of how it happened. And Im not suggesting that the Italian govt has an obligation to do so.

I am somewhat curious tho, whether it was a pure accident as the men described, or the women were deliberately put in what turned out to be the most vulnerable, uncomfortable, hazardous part of the boat, and whether they were being deprived of whatever supplies were available by men from a culture that does not follow the western principle of women and children first.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:30 AM

35,251 posts, read 32,206,769 times
Dang, and no one had a match.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:13 PM

7,281 posts, read 8,884,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Well it really doesn't since it doesn't look like anyone is going to anything about it regardless
of how it happened. And Im not suggesting that the Italian govt has an obligation to do so.

I am somewhat curious tho, whether it was a pure accident as the men described, or the women were deliberately put in what turned out to be the most vulnerable, uncomfortable, hazardous part of the boat, and whether they were being deprived of whatever supplies were available by men from a culture that does not follow the western principle of women and children first.
How do all the women in a boat become dead by accident? Kinds rules that out. No accident.

Putting someone in danger of losing their life or depriving them of the means necessary to sustain life is not an accident or innocent circumstance, it is killing them.

Why would the men say anything other than what is necessary to secure their own position?

Some of the women weren't dead, ALL of them were dead. Were only one left alive, the story would be quite different no doubt. If the accident were as catastrophic as needed to kill all the women what a strange thing to happen, killing only the women because as everyone knows, women seek out the most hazardous place to be when death comes looking.

Some of the women might have been killed by accident. Not all.

Rats leave sinking ships. Only the rats are leaving sinking countries. Those who want to fight for their countries are doing so, the remainder pack up and head for the hills, a boat or another country.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:33 PM

4,642 posts, read 4,749,788 times
So, this boat of murdering scum should now be let into a first world country...to do what ? Murder, rape ?

Old 07-27-2016, 01:07 PM

79,439 posts, read 33,670,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Who am I supposed to hate and who do I blame? Help me out OP. I've had a rough day.
This is a good question. My initial thought is there are many in many places to blame for this.

Including many that want to point fingers.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:12 PM

1,149 posts, read 988,812 times
Just the fact that by n large, women are physically weaker than men when it comes to survival.
I don't think the men killed those women to survive.
If they did, Europe is bringing a lot of criminals in.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:13 PM

16,806 posts, read 9,127,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
So, this boat of murdering scum should now be let into a first world country...to do what ? Murder, rape ?
No, they should be let in to a 1st world country where statistically they will be unemployed and on welfare.

-Merkel

Old 07-27-2016, 01:15 PM

13,153 posts, read 17,429,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
Just the fact that by n large, women are physically weaker than men when it comes to survival.
I don't think the men killed those women to survive.
If they did, Europe is bringing a lot of criminals in.
No kidding. They're not the first such batch. Take a closer look at Europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or