U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 07:23 PM

10,824 posts, read 4,470,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And you know this because........there has actually been mysterious deaths of American or European? female refugees?
There are countless "women and children first" stories and accounts of men who didn't live up to that ideal being condemned. Didn't you see Titanic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
And wonder why some want women presidents. The inequality in the world is repulsive .
You think having a female president will make men more chivalrous?

Old 07-27-2016, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
That does sound like a plausible explanation. During the interviews, the men gave consistent accounts. And I have to say that they did not come off as killers. Nevertheless, I felt like there was some things that were not being expressed. Could have been as simple and natural as sadness and regret at what happened, or could have been guilt, or simply the reactions that these men from a different culture have towards the reality of death in a dangerous world. They were on the boat for two weeks -- was the food and water apportioned fairly?
Its hard to draw other conclusions just from what we are shown. That's why I said that an autopsy might have helped clarify things one way or the other. But, seems the Italians are dealing with a tough situation in which many boats like this are washing up, and maybe its all they can do to pull survivors out of the water and they don't have the will of the resources to investigate further. Arguably they're doing the refugees a huge favor just by picking them up, and the Italian authorities have no obligation beyond what they are willing to give.
Actually they were out at sea less than a day, and just 20 miles off Libya, so we can rule out starvation.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Who am I supposed to hate and who do I blame? Help me out OP. I've had a rough day.
OK. Don't hate anybody, it's pointless. Blame those African men for either causing the deaths of the women in the boat or, at the least, not taking reasonable action to prevent them. They may deserve jail time and certainly should not be allowed to stay in Europe.

Blame the rescuers. While they have good intentions and do good work saving lives, they are the main reason why so many people attempt the trip in the first place. If there were no rescue boats, there would be very few people willing to pay smugglers big money for the privilege of being crowded onto a rubber dinghy and launched into the Mediterranean.

Blame the media. They have been relentless in their efforts to sell the public on opening the door to mass migration. Almost every single report cheers the migrants on, aims to build sympathy for them, calls for more action to help them, or is critical of action taken to stop them.

Blame the politicians who broke Libya and turned it into an uncontrolled port for launching migrants.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:35 AM

14,252 posts, read 6,149,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
Just the fact that by n large, women are physically weaker than men when it comes to survival.
I don't think the men killed those women to survive.
If they did, Europe is bringing a lot of criminals in.
Uh, HELLO! Europe is bringing a lot of criminals in, and it seems it's all because these "humanitarians" are too stupid to rescue these people and take them back to their home countries. I understand their mission is rescue, but they could easily treat them and take them back to Libya. Instead, they take them to Italy and accept their story of how the women died, even to the point of being angry they are subjected to seeing their covered bodies being removed from the ship. Did they not notice that these guys could barely look the interviewer in the eye whenever the subject of how the women died came up? They know it's shameful, but let them die or caused their deaths anyway. Why would we want these people in Europe? I'm wondering when the people will finally get sick of these humanitarian rescues? Pick them up, treat them, and take them back to Libya. And then arrest the smugglers who brought them there. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Maybe.....but as I note...we will come up with all kinds of excuses for our actions when dead is dead.

We can not condemn others for what we refuse to stop doing.
You're consistent at least. I will give you that.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No, I said we had no moral standing in condemning others for things we do ourselves.
I don't know about you, but I have never killed anyone. I have moral standing to condemn a group of men who let every single woman on the boat die to protect themselves. And I don't care if our military accidentally killed a few people in collateral damage. It is not the same thing.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:02 AM

6,000 posts, read 6,882,642 times
It is very simple muslim men are a danger to humanity. Sadly most people won't understand until they are under the knife.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:35 AM

79,549 posts, read 33,822,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I don't know about you, but I have never killed anyone. I have moral standing to condemn a group of men who let every single woman on the boat die to protect themselves. And I don't care if our military accidentally killed a few people in collateral damage. It is not the same thing.
A few? Thousands. Thousands of women and children. Thousands that have done absolutely nothing to us. We just killed a bunch in Syria and for what? For Wall Street interests. We have no other interests in Syria.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:49 AM

14,357 posts, read 15,175,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You think having a female president will make men more chivalrous?
Especially with non-Western cultures.

What a progressive fantasy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or