U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2016, 09:13 AM

15,475 posts, read 7,891,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And it brings me to this. One's home value can be tied to race. Blacks, on the occasion that they owned homes, have always had lower housing values than Whites. That can play a factor in net wealth.
This is true and is something that is a whole other discussion (which I'm sure the poster I responded to will try to divert the conversation toward or bring up some other supposed proof of black people being lowly due to Democrats or Obama).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 09:18 AM

21,669 posts, read 11,132,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
As long as Republicans hold views like those you just expressed.

Black people aren't suckers.

Black people are intelligent, thoughtful human beings. They supported the Republicans in the post-Civil War. But the Republican Party of 1870 is not the same as the Republican Party of today. And the Democratic Party of 1870 is not the same as the Democratic Party of today. This is a fact. It is a fact that black people appreciate. And it's odd that it's a fact that conservatives like to ignore, if only as a pretense. Ignoring facts is not a good strategy for a political party.
That is a lie.. the Dixiecrats stayed Dixiecrats for the most part. The democratic party is the party of racists... you are in the racist party.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:38 AM

17,497 posts, read 10,664,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Yes, the Republican Party was the liberal party in the US for the first 50 years. Teddy Roosevelt is well-known as a Progressive reformer. That dynamic started to change with the election of Woodrow Wilson in 1912.
The Democrats in the South kept slavery going, in effect, for another 100 years after the Civil War, through segregation and Jim Crow laws. Even in 1964, the Civil Rights Act was supported by 80% of Republicans in the House, but only 63% of Democrats. When it passed, President Johnson was quoted as saying "We have lost the South for a generation."
It was even more dramatic than LBJ thought. Today the South is solidly red, the GOP is now the party of the KKK as well as those whose racism is less overt, the Democratic Party is overwhelmingly supported by African-Americans and other minorities. The switching of sides is now complete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Wow! When you can't rebut, try insult instead!

This is part of the issue, you people in the South and North forget there is another part of the USA that you fail to recognize. Some of us have no concern for your North and South stronghold on America.......and people wonder why Trump is looking good.......tired of personal me,me!

So tell me what the difference is between the KKK tactics and current Democrats? I provide the following -
1. mobs in Ferguson who burn down mini marts
2. those who make threats against pizza parlors
3. pseudo union members who throw tantrums in Wisconsin
4. Dem governors who announce boycotts of travel to states where the citizen's "minds aren't right"
5. Supporting groups like BLM and Occupy Wall Street
6. Failing to win the war against ISIS
7. Attacking GOP convention and the supporters
8 Hammer & Sickle flags on display at the DNC and burning/stomping of the American flag

Did you see any GOP/Republicans outside of the DNC protesting?

Just because the Democrats stopped wearing hoods, doesn't mean they don't represent the same reprehensible behavior.

No one on the right does this as a practice...

Old 07-28-2016, 09:40 AM

40,121 posts, read 24,369,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Are you so ignorant that you think there are many people today that think slavery is good.? People can rationalize anything. Today people rationalize killing their children through abortion. This suppose to be progressive thinking. They are closer to thinking people have no rights and they can do what they want with a human life. They would readily accept slavery as being their right.
O'Reilly is the one who made the point that the slaves who worked on the White House were well-fed and housed? What was he rationalizing?

Old 07-28-2016, 09:40 AM

17,497 posts, read 10,664,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Wealth inequality is explicably tied to housing values. Your article is about how the net worth of black families is lower than that of white and hispanic families due to the recent recession having a drastic affect on reducing the values of people's homes.

Obama did not cause the housing market collaspe.
Democrats are the reason for Fannie Mae and Acorn.....plus Dems are real good at changing names when the fire gets hot.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
Forever, because the Dems control the welfare Teat.
And given that this is your opinion of black people, why would they want to be on your side of the political spectrum?

Old 07-28-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
That is a lie.. the Dixiecrats stayed Dixiecrats for the most part. The democratic party is the party of racists... you are in the racist party.
Unfortunately for you, that is a delusion.

The Dixiecrats became Republicans. That's why the once-blue South is now so deeply Red.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This is part of the issue, you people in the South and North forget there is another part of the USA that you fail to recognize. Some of us have no concern for your North and South stronghold on America.......and people wonder why Trump is looking good.......tired of personal me,me!

So tell me what the difference is between the KKK tactics and current Democrats? I provide the following -
1. mobs in Ferguson who burn down mini marts
2. those who make threats against pizza parlors
3. pseudo union members who throw tantrums in Wisconsin
4. Dem governors who announce boycotts of travel to states where the citizen's "minds aren't right"
5. Supporting groups like BLM and Occupy Wall Street
6. Failing to win the war against ISIS
7. Attacking GOP convention and the supporters
8 Hammer & Sickle flags on display at the DNC and burning/stomping of the American flag

Did you see any GOP/Republicans outside of the DNC protesting?

Just because the Democrats stopped wearing hoods, doesn't mean they don't represent the same reprehensible behavior.

No one on the right does this as a practice...
That's why David Duke endorsed.....Donald Trump!

Old 07-28-2016, 09:50 AM

15,475 posts, read 7,891,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Democrats are the reason for Fannie Mae and Acorn.....plus Dems are real good at changing names when the fire gets hot.
The issues that black Americans deal with in regards to housing go back way further than Fannie Mae and Acorn. They are tied to housing discrimination which occurred to a high degree between 1940 and 1960 when ethnic whites moved out of inner city neighborhoods into suburban communities and were able to finally begin to move into the middle class in large numbers due to the economic contribution of the wealth/value of their homes and a good post WW2 economy.

Black Americans were not allowed to do so and due to redlining their neighborhoods were devalued by our federal government. Formerly redlined neighborhoods are still devalued today in most instances and a neighborhood's value is still tied to the demographics of the residents who live in those neighborhoods. Even black people who have a earn a mid to upper level income who reside in majority black neighborhoods/subdivisions with beautiful homes, their beautiful homes in safe areas are valued less than similar homes in neighborhoods/subdivisions where a majority of white people live. The effects of housing discrimination is still a huge factor in regards to the wealth inequality we see today in our country.

But again, this is a totally different subject and one I'm sure that has been discussed before on this forum. If you want to know more about it read this article from The Atlantic

Old 07-28-2016, 09:51 AM

21,669 posts, read 11,132,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think he was pro slavery. But he crossed line by saying "slaves were well fed." Should have not said that. What is the point? Do I think Bill O'Reilly is a fair and balanced journalist, yes I do and I still do. But he crossed line right there.
Michelle was not truthful at all. The White house was built by free blacks, many whites, and slaves..Many slave owners were black.. Could have been the free blacks brought their slaves with them.

Also O'reilly was stating what he knew to be true. That the men were all treated the same. Free, white and slave when they built the white house. Is saying that , supposed to erase the fact that people owned people. They were not whipped and beaten to build the White House as some masters did including some slave owners that were black and beat them.

We know there are people who can rationalize anything including owning people. Today many rationalize the killing of their own babies as a right.

We also know that the progressives believe that they have the right over another life. Which was the biggest problem with slavery. They are much closer to thinking of being a slave owner than a Republican because they believe that everyone should have a right over another human being, a perfect example is the power over the baby in the womb.

. Republicans also believed in abolishing slavery. The democrats believed it to be a right and they fought long and hard against the Republicans to keep that right.

The democrats now say because the Dixiecrats became Republicans that it is now the party of racism.. untrue as usual.. the democrats lie their way into power. Out of 26 Dixiecrats , Strom Thurman became a Republican. The rest stayed in the Democratic party.

The Democrats Big Lie: Dixiecrats Switched to Republican Party with Racist Agenda ⋆ WayneDupree.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or