U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2016, 11:22 PM

788 posts, read 343,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh wow. Thanks for being so smart. I mean, after all, you're the only poster that knows that no one alive today knows a slave personally? You must have the IQ of Newton to have figured that out.

Hey look everybody, it's the smart guy!

LMAO @ "but let's make it clear that blah, blah, blah..."

As to your "racial tension" comment, that's all bull.

I don't feel any racial tensions. And those of you that do, go around looking for reasons to have racial tensions. You folks are the type that hate everyone regardless. So this patronizing nonsense about how it could end is all bunk. It will never end for folks like you.
You act like you were emancipated Tuesday, last!!!! You may not "feel any such tension, but, mister, you are drenched in it. Great puddles of it collect under you wherever your posts may be found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 12:50 AM

50,771 posts, read 26,797,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
The sane ones among us don't give a rip about it. It is the past. People need to get over themselves, and ask themselves if they are better of as descendants of slaves brought to America, or slaves still in Africa. They were already slaves before they came here, and I don't think many would prefer to live in Africa as either the descendants of slaves or of free men. If so, book a flight.
Your ancestors were the ones escaping misery, poverty, war, and squalor. Read about it. You're the one that better be glad that your ancestors made it here.

I guess i've gotta post this again because you folks are hardheaded. This from one of the most brilliant of our Founders, Thomas Paine:

Quote:
The Managers of that Trade themselves, and others, testify, that many of these African nations inhabit fertile countries, are industrious farmers, enjoy plenty, and lived quietly, averse to war, before the Europeans debauched them with liquors, and bribing them against one another; and that these inoffensive people are brought into slavery, by stealing them, tempting Kings to sell subjects, which they can have no right to do, and hiring one tribe to war against another, in order to catch prisoners. By such wicked and inhuman ways the English are said to enslave towards one hundred thousand yearly; of which thirty thousand are supposed to die by barbarous treatment in the first year; besides all that are slain in the unnatural wars excited to take them. So much innocent blood have the Managers and Supporters of this inhuman Trade to answer for to the common Lord of all!
That from a man that lived during slavery, and by his own word says that "managers of that trade themselves testify...
Quote:
You act like you were emancipated Tuesday, last!!!! You may not "feel any such tension, but, mister, you are drenched in it. Great puddles of it collect under you wherever your posts may be found.
Dude, hush.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:45 AM

17,497 posts, read 10,676,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Never saw your 1-8 before.

1. Current Democrats do not support mobs in Ferguson burning down mini marts.
2. Current Democrats do not support threats against pizza parlors.
3. Current Democrats don't support adults throwing tantrums in Wisconsin.
4. I have no idea what this is about.
5. I think Democrats and Republicans support some of the goals that BLM and Occupy Wall Street advocated. Since both groups are very de-centralized, there will always be actions of some that will offend or even horrify others.
6. I don't think Republicans won the war against ISIS either. They didn't win it against Al Qaeda. And when Al Qaeda and ISIS have faded into memory, there will be another terrorist group. There is always another terrorist group.
7. I was shocked, shocked I tell ya, about how the GOP convention had to be stopped because of all the violence, and all the supporters who died and had to be hospitalized. Shocking!
8. I support 100% freedom of speech. If Sanders supporters want to wave Soviet flags as a way of protesting how the primaries went, they are entitled to do so. If someone wants to stomp or burn an American flag, they are entitled to do so. Because its an exercise of free speech.

And 9. I'm sure there were some Republicans outside the DNC. But they didn't have to do much in the way of protesting, since Sanders' supporters were so vocal. But I support 100% such protests, at any political event. There is no excuse for violence. But peaceful protest shouldn't just be tolerated, it should be applauded, because it is patriotic and American to exercise our right of free speech and to fight for our rights to be part of the process.

David Duke wasn't a childish remark. Duke recently asserted Trump support of his Senate campaign. Trump has 100% denied it. But the fact that Duke tries to ally himself with Trump speaks volumes. And you never showed that Duke supported Hillary.
Current Dems support all of this stuff or it would not be going on......as for your immature response of 7 no one was killed and it was the Democrat supporters attacking the Republicans just as they have since they have been a party. You are not fooling anyone.....its Dems and their supporters who have closed highways and interrupted the Republican convention.

I showed you David Duke supports Hillary.....ignore it, but we all know the truth, so you saying he didn't, doesn't make it true!

Last edited by wildflower82; 07-29-2016 at 07:55 AM..

Old 07-29-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
In regards to the black, I think that is the difference between your view of black people and mine.

I feel that a majority of black people have jobs and they have a decent enough of an income to be able to buy a home. I also feel that they, like me can qualify for a loan and if they don't at the moment they can take steps to qualify for a loan within 2 years.

The homes that I bought for cash were all for less than $10k cash. I live in a house I bought for $7k that is now worth $60K. I have total equity in this house and when I bought it I only had to put about $3K into it for repairs (someone had vandalized the HVAC system and some electrical wires). I am not a contractor either but I know some contractors via family and friends and they give me a good deal when I need some work done. Most black people know someone who is a contractor or someone who knows a contractor.

There are houses in my area still that are selling for less than $10k in inner city black neighborhoods that need very little work beyond cosmetic repairs. Recently one was for sale for $2k that needed little work beyond cosmetic repairs. Many black people have $2k. That is not a huge sum of money.

I rent out multiple homes. I hire a company to manage them for me for about $50-$100 a month. They perform regular housekeeping and maintenance inspections and I have never had an issue with a tenant destroying any of my properties. Also, due to not having any payments on these homes, I have all the rents deposited into an account so if there is a huge expense then I have the money to cover it without utilizing my insurance (which I would only do in the case of fire or flood, etc.).

On the upkeep portion you mentioned, I have worked in property management as well and I pay all of those things from the rental income automatically. Taxes aren't that high and neither is insurance. You also can write off property taxes and any repairs you make on rental properties on your tax returns. Last year I actually got a refund on my taxes because a tree fell at one of my houses and I had to make some repairs and get the fallen tree removed. I always get a tax credit based on the property taxes I pay along with the fees I pay the property management company.
What does any of this have to do with slavery? Or are you on to another agenda?
Quote:
You should read the article I posted before you say it is false. It is a long article and some people don't like to read long pieces. It is specifically about the history of housing discrimination and how that has caused black people to have less wealth than other demographics. Too many people are unaware of this history that only recently was righted in the 1980s.
I did read the article, you go back and read it......it had nothing to do with being rejected by banks, purchasing a home, it was about not paying taxes to the IRS and a unsecure contract made between a black man and a private seller, who sold him out. Banks were not involved in any of it and nothing about discrimination. White people and black people lost their farms back then and still do today, nothing about banks taking from them, most the time they lost the means to pay the mortgage payment.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:56 AM

40,169 posts, read 24,404,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Current Dems support all of this stuff or it would not be going on......as for your immature response of 7 no one was killed and it was the Democrat supporters attacking the Republicans just as they have since they have been a party. You are not fooling anyone.....its Dems and their supporters who have closed highways and interrupted the Republican convention.
That's ridiculous.

Is everything that a Republican does supported by all Republicans? Or even most Republicans? Or even some Republicans?

I'm not trying to fool anyone. I support political protest 100%. I would even say our country was founded on the basis of political protest. Boston Tea Party??

I don't support violence. I don't think blocking a highway is violence, and I don't think burning a flag is violence.

If you decide to burn a flag today, I support your right to do it, but I would probably not support the reasons you would express for doing so. I can actually respect you and defend your right to freedom of speech, without agreeing with your opinions or the content of your speech.

The Democratic Party is made up of lots of different people with lots of different political agendas. What one group of Democrats is promoting may be anathema to another group of Democrats. Just like some of what Trump has said has deeply offended other Republicans.

When you start trying to paint a picture of a group of people as if they are all the same, that's always dishonest, and it's always about advancing an agenda which sees that group of people as an obstacle.

If hatred is your agenda, then you can count me as an obstacle. Because I strongly feel that hatred and fear are our enemies.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Your ancestors were the ones escaping misery, poverty, war, and squalor. Read about it. You're the one that better be glad that your ancestors made it here.

I guess i've gotta post this again because you folks are hardheaded. This from one of the most brilliant of our Founders, Thomas Paine:

That from a man that lived during slavery, and by his own word says that "managers of that trade themselves testify...

Dude, hush.
The quote, who cares the man was the most hated founding father......he fits right up your alley in hate for God, hate for Christians and blaming Christians for what ungodly men were doing.

He was hated so much they dug his body up and scattered him among the earth. As of today, they are still trying to locate his bones to lay him back to rest, as the man laid on his dying bed asking God to take him to Heaven. Amazing, for one to hate God on earth, but want to be with Him when they die......some of you non-believers are a strange bunch!

Last edited by wildflower82; 07-29-2016 at 08:52 AM..

Old 07-29-2016, 08:02 AM

40,169 posts, read 24,404,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

I showed you David Duke supports Hillary.....ignore it, but we all know the truth, so you saying he didn't, doesn't make it true!
David Duke said:

"voting against Donald Trump at this point, is really treason to your heritage," and he urged his audience to volunteer to work on Trump's campaign.

It's a direct quote. And evidently you choose to ignore it.

David Duke: Voting against Donald Trump is 'treason to your heritage' - POLITICO

On the other hand, I commend you for recognizing that Mr Duke's beliefs and opinions are hateful and anti-American and should be soundly rejected by all thinking Americans.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:38 AM

128 posts, read 122,419 times
Quote:
The sane ones among us don't give a rip about it. It is the past. People need to get over themselves, and ask themselves if they are better of as descendants of slaves brought to America, or slaves still in Africa. They were already slaves before they came here, and I don't think many would prefer to live in Africa as either the descendants of slaves or of free men. If so, book a flight.
And MAYBE that is the PROBLEM!!

Look, it would be nice if we could all just "forget" that slavery in this country ever happened (how convenient....for YOU maybe), but the fact is, it HAPPENED. How about you get over it and yourself, and deal with the hard FACTS.

A lot of us STILL up to this very day have to deal with the repercussions of not only slavery, but of this country's racist and prejudiced past (AND present), and of course, I wouldn't expect you to understand that (how could you?), but a little sympathy and sensitivity wouldn't hurt.

This brushing stuff under the rug in order to make some people feel "comfortable" is pure hogwash and for the birds. Should we just forget 911 too? How about the holocaust (which didn't even take place in our own country btw)??

The way some of you believe, pretty soon you all will be re-writing history to make the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade look like some free "Pleasure Cruise" from Africa to the Americas smh... Which I assure you, it was NOT.....just in case anyone was wondering.

And btw, there are first-hand written accounts from slaves documenting their experiences, and I'm sure if those didn't exist, this country would try to pretend it didn't even happen. The truth is already not taught in public schools. Even the curriculum spends only about a few days (if that) on it. But yet, you can spend a month on other topics.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:46 AM

4,964 posts, read 2,210,200 times
History is yesterday. You can't change yesterday. You have little control over tomorrow. You need to focus on today.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
David Duke said:

"voting against Donald Trump at this point, is really treason to your heritage," and he urged his audience to volunteer to work on Trump's campaign.

It's a direct quote. And evidently you choose to ignore it.

David Duke: Voting against Donald Trump is 'treason to your heritage' - POLITICO

On the other hand, I commend you for recognizing that Mr Duke's beliefs and opinions are hateful and anti-American and should be soundly rejected by all thinking Americans.
This thread is not about Duke, so move on!

More about who supported slavery in the past and who promotes slavery to government today! Voting for Hillary is wanting more government power in our lives and the same dull road of Democrat BS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or