Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2016, 11:05 AM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The Southern Democratic Party was the racist party that spawned the KKK. Segregation, not so much, since that was a phenomena that was present in the North and the South.

That Southern Democratic Party no longer exists. I realize how difficult it is for you to wrap your mind around, but times have changed. The Dixiecrats became Republicans. And the Republicans sure do toot their horn. They reference themselves as the Party of Lincoln all the time.

Unfortunately, they say things like the above, as well. Black people are not stupid. Black people are not gullible. Your argument that Democrats only changed their words and not their actions in order to "gain power over blacks once again", suggests that you think that black people are stupid and gullible. Why, you can see right through the Democrats, but black people can't! Bless your heart!
To tell you the truth, DC, I'm rather happy the way things are right now in terms of Republicans and the race issue.

Republicans wonder -- and have been interviewed wondering -- why Blacks don't come over to the Republican Party. Here's the answer -- when you don't listen to the concerns of a group (any group), and/or when you consistently dismiss the concerns of any group, then that group will not gravitate toward you. In reading through this thread (as well as many others in this forum), you can fairly accurately pick out which posters are Republicans and which posters are Democrats. And reading the posts of the Republicans here (whether they are registered as Republican, or whether they simply most often vote Republican), Blacks would not think to themselves, "Hey, those Republicans are really listening to our concerns, so I guess I'll give the Republican Party a try." In fact, that's laughable. And, it's demonstrated very well by the FACT that less than 1% of the delegates at the Republican convention were Black. And it's not much different for most Latinos.

And then there's the lecturing that Republicans and their associates do to Blacks -- clearly demonstrated in this thread -- talking down to Blacks, telling them what they should do for their own good. They can't grasp that as kids they didn't like being lectured down to. In college they didn't like being lectured down to. At their job they don't like being lectured down to. And they don't like their spouse lecturing down to them. But they're not intelligent enough to grasp that just as they don't like being lectured down to, neither do Blacks or Latinos like being lectured down to and told what they should do for their own good.

And I hope that the Republicans keep doing what they've been doing in this regard because it will keep them losing Blacks and Latinos for generations to come. And as the nation becomes majority minority, the Republican Party will dwindle, dwindle, dwindle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 11:15 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
To tell you the truth, DC, I'm rather happy the way things are right now in terms of Republicans and the race issue.

Republicans wonder -- and have been interviewed wondering -- why Blacks don't come over to the Republican Party. Here's the answer -- when you don't listen to the concerns of a group (any group), and/or when you consistently dismiss the concerns of any group, then that group will not gravitate toward you.
So, you're saying Blacks are PRO-racism and PRO-racial segregation? Interesting...

The ongoing NIMBY racism of blue (Democrat) cities/states:

The most segregated schools are in blue states:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...youd-expect-2/

Chicago: America's most segregated city - Jan. 5, 2016

Half of Black students in Maryland attend segregated schools:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...057_story.html

Etc., etc.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:22 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Intent in the 1790s.

And we are in 2016. So much has changed in human thinking since then it may as well be another planet.

I have never seen the link between attitudes toward slavery then as a rational for alleged attitudes now.

Frankly it is ridiculous.

A near present example I can see in my own family, my aged mother, her beliefs and manner of thinking, and I am nothing like her.

Would you compare today's Germans to have any remnant of Nazism? Of course not. Well except for those on the margin of their society.

Do you see those living in our West having any remnant of frontier notions towards Indians? Of course not.

Do you see Americans in general having any of the anti-Japanese sentiment created post-Pearl Harbor? Of course not.

The ill will created is in my view solely based on actions or words we see, hear everyday in our newscasts or encounters in everyday life. Those we find abhorrent, bizarre and simply beyond any moral, logical code we operate by. This value assessment is not limited to blacks. Part of our own unique IFF.

Etc.etc.
Posted something similar on this thread earlier:

In ancient times (& even in more modern times) those enslaved were the result of being conquered. That is, the institution of slavery, (its implementation), was based on those who were conquered became enslaved. It wasn't racially based or written into the founding documents of a Country or its Constitution.

In American History, the kidnapped descendants of African people became slaves & the conquering of those enslaved came after.

If there are any doubts the conquering of African descendants took place after, I suggest reading the Constitution of the Confederate States of America & comparing it to the Constitution of the United States.

Even after the American Civil War (some present day people call it Northern Aggression & some call it the War to Preserve Slavery). Some folks from the former Confederate States continued their efforts of conquering a people based on their Country of origin by resisting the laws of their new Country, the United States of America. Sometimes it seems as if some still consider themselves Confederate-Americans. Bizarre.

Some folks resisted the outcomes & natural consequences of the American Civil War therefore Jim Crow laws were created to follow the 1800–1866 Black Codes, which had previously restricted the civil rights & civil liberties of African Americans.

During the Reconstruction period of 1865–1877, federal law provided civil rights protection in the United States for freedmen, African Americans who had formerly been slaves, & former free blacks.

Some folks resisted the Civil Rights Act of 1875's guarantee that everyone, regardless of race, color, or previous condition of servitude, was entitled to the same treatment in public accommodations, such as inns, public transportation, theaters, & other places of recreation.

Segregation, Jim Crow laws & 'separate but equal' dogma were about maintaining or attempting to recover rights based on white supremacy that were lost when the Confederate States of America lost the American Civil War.

The Civil Rights of the 50s & 60s came (1950 & 60s) nearly 100 years after the Civil Rights Act of 1875!

There are some still, in the present day who seemingly refuse to accept the history, & remain uninterested in reconciling the discrepancies in our founding principles, this still remains problematic for all Americans.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:30 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Posted something similar on this thread earlier:

In ancient times (& even in more modern times) those enslaved were the result of being conquered. That is, the institution of slavery, (its implementation), was based on those who were conquered became enslaved. It wasn't racially based or written into the founding documents of a Country or its Constitution.

In American History, the kidnapped descendants of African people became slaves & the conquering of those enslaved came after.

If there are any doubts the conquering of African descendants took place after, I suggest reading the Constitution of the Confederate States of America & comparing it to the Constitution of the United States.

Even after the American Civil War (some present day people call it Northern Aggression & some call it the War to Preserve Slavery). Some folks from the former Confederate States continued their efforts of conquering a people based on their Country of origin by resisting the laws of their new Country, the United States of America. Sometimes it seems as if some still consider themselves Confederate-Americans. Bizarre.

Some folks resisted the outcomes & natural consequences of the American Civil War therefore Jim Crow laws were created to follow the 1800–1866 Black Codes, which had previously restricted the civil rights & civil liberties of African Americans.

During the Reconstruction period of 1865–1877, federal law provided civil rights protection in the United States for freedmen, African Americans who had formerly been slaves, & former free blacks.

Some folks resisted the Civil Rights Act of 1875's guarantee that everyone, regardless of race, color, or previous condition of servitude, was entitled to the same treatment in public accommodations, such as inns, public transportation, theaters, & other places of recreation.

Segregation, Jim Crow laws & 'separate but equal' dogma were about maintaining or attempting to recover rights based on white supremacy that were lost when the Confederate States of America lost the American Civil War.

The Civil Rights of the 50s & 60s came (1950 & 60s) nearly 100 years after the Civil Rights Act of 1875!

There are some still, in the present day who seemingly refuse to accept the history, & remain uninterested in reconciling the discrepancies in our founding principles, this still remains problematic for all Americans.
None of use live in the 1870s. The generations which followed are either dead or retired. Also, people do change their opinion if they possess intellect. The opinions of those who are on the margins of society, like neo-nazis, kkk types, etc should not be considered mainstream.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:46 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,829 times
Most people have no concept of the reality of slavery. That is why none of them find anything wrong with usury, fiat currency, partial reserve "banking", and all of the other evil scams of the Money Cartel that has enslaved most of humanity to a few Chosen Families. That is why they wave their silly flags and call themselves "free" in a "society" where the State regulates virtually everything in their existence with violence, aggression, and coercion. They have no concept of slavery simply because they have been slaves for so long that they do not know what human freedom is.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:49 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Most people have no concept of the reality of slavery. That is why none of them find anything wrong with usury, fiat currency, partial reserve "banking", and all of the other evil scams of the Money Cartel that has enslaved most of humanity to a few Chosen Families. That is why they wave their silly flags and call themselves "free" in a "society" where the State regulates virtually everything in their existence with violence, aggression, and coercion. They have no concept of slavery simply because they have been slaves for so long that they do not know what human freedom is.
I think those who think others have no concept of slavery themselves have no concept of the realities of life in the period under question. Then for their own ends, transport those values to the current day. I believe a psychologist would have a field day analyzing those who insist there is relevance with the 1600s-1860s to today.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:52 AM

1,544 posts, read 924,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Then quit bowing down.
I don't bow down to anyone, not even you. -5000 points for "God" complex

Quote:
Nothing wrong with a bed wench
You're disgusting and depraved for saying that. -10000 points

Quote:
That's the problem. You think you do things because of your skin color.
Reverse psychology fail. -2000 points for you.

Quote:
You're no different than most, you keep making the same horrible mistakes. Nothing to do with your heritage
Another -3000 points for lies and slander.

Quote:
That's on you. I'm not responsible on how you take things. Take responsibility
-500 points for useless lecture. Add another -1000 points for making me out to be the victim here. Add -2000 more for you not taking responsibility for yours instead of focusing on mine.

Quote:
So an idiot controls you? Thanks for admitting what I already knew.
-2000 more points for your lies

Quote:
Only if Hillary gets elected.

You never addressed what I said about the war on drugs. Like I said. Ignore and deny all you want, you're your own worst enemy.
-10000 points for deflection. This is about slavery, not the war on drugs which was a means to throw more Black people in prison. Now let's add up your point total, shall we?

You have a grand total of -33500 points on the bigot scale. But remember that the more you dispute history, your point total will go higher. So happy deflecting!

Old 07-30-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
That is all they talk about Slavery.. I expected it but not as much as this.. they went to a black power church for 20 years and they put their blackness before being an American. The two of them have deep issues and racial baggage.
Actually, that post alone shows how wrong you are. Obama won -- TWICE -- because he ran as man who happened to be Black. He did not run as a Black man.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
How, then, did solid Democratic states like Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina go Republican?
On the wings of racism.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:30 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
You went from trying to create a divisive issue between Native Americans and Blacks, which I rightfully called you out on, to saying it's not your job to make my life better. As if you were asked to do so. Please put away your "god" complex and stop rambling and making random statements that have nothing to do with the post you're responding to.
No, I am stating stop acting like groups of people matter over Americans matter. There are European blacks, African blacks, some are claiming Native American(this is why Native Americans came in) one can have a drop of NA and claim it, not even having to be 1/2 or 3/4..... One poster claims blacks were brought from Africa, what about those from Europe with European bloodlines?

You seemed to have missed the part me saying I have NA on my side, but I don't claim it while some of my family does. I have no interest in being put in a group, I am American and I will pay my own way.

This is an example of why people want to be a certain group and I see some blacks trying to go down the same road of relying on the taxpayer for what happened a longtime ago!
Are you Native American and do you get any benefits from it?

I resent your comment about white supremacy.....you seem to be fine with this statement while whining about your exceptionalism. By the way you and others are also alluding to wanting whites to pay your way by saying this generation is responsible for slavery. I stand by what I said, I owe you nothing and you owe me nothing!

So anyone who challenges your opinion has a "god complex" how rich of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
I don't know how productive it is to compare the way these 2 groups of peoples were treated (abused)?

& I believe the Constitution of a Country describes intent. The US Constitution's language describes Native American peoples as people from a Sovereign Country. This same Constitution describes people of African descent to be 'counted' as 3/5.
Did you read the title of the thread.......you tell me what is the purpose? Are some blacks wanting whites to accept something we have already accepted, only to turn around and have to pay out large sums of money, when whites were also slaves and so were Native Americans.

Have you bothered to look up why the 3/5 came into play? The real reason, not the one put up by revisionist.......here is some help below.

The Original Constitution and the Three-Fifths Myth
The compromise was to count slaves as “three-fifths” of a person for representation purposes. The fewer slaves counted the fewer number of representatives. “It had NOTHING to do with the worth of a person and EVERYTHING to do with diminishing the power of” the pro-slavery Southern states.

The point is that the “three-fifths clause” had nothing at all to do with measuring the human worth of blacks. Northern delegates did not want black slaves included, not because they thought them unworthy of being counted, but because they wanted to weaken the slaveholding power in Congress. Southern delegates wanted every slave to count “equally with the Whites,” not because they wanted to proclaim that black slaves were human beings on an equal footing with free white persons, but because they wanted to increase the pro-slavery voting power in Congress. The humanity of blacks was not the subject of the three-fifths clause; voting power in Congress was the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies