U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2016, 10:28 PM

1,544 posts, read 663,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Clinging to excuses is what you are doing, and that is a choice you have made. You can stop any time, and make another choice, such as taking personal responsibility for the life you have now, as well as creating the life you desire. If you choose to wait for that life to be delivered to you like a pizza, and continue blaming external forces and circumstances when it never arrives, you'll have no one to blame but the person in the mirror.

While anyone can have their physical freedom taken from them, no one can enslave your mind or spirit without your cooperation.

Stop cooperating.
You're the one making excuses to growl at what Black people are doing.

For us to "get over it" while the Black community is in a disarray is an excuse. It's an excuse to get us to kowtow and play Stepin Fetchit to people like you...much like our ancestors were forced to do so.

If either you or others like you have a problem with Black people discussing our plight in this country, please make your own thread and do all the pissing and moaning to your heart's desire. Because, that's all you're doing anyway. Now unless you'd like to offer a solution not stinking of bias and prejudice, your opinions will hereby be moot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 10:47 PM

22,544 posts, read 10,426,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Ahh, the classic "I wouldn't have 1427 values" spoken from someone looking at things through 2016 eyes.
Ahh, the classic "everybody else is doing it, so why can't I".

Old 08-06-2016, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Before you make an uneducated claim look it up......he happened to have voted for Obama twice. You people know nothing about Fox news.......nothing about the people you just say what you want without looking into it. You're nothing but a cherry picker!
I don't believe him.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:53 PM

11,679 posts, read 7,054,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Ahh, the classic "everybody else is doing it, so why can't I".
Which is what 99.99999% of people have done since the dawn of man. In fact, I bet people in 200 years could look at your life and say you just unknowingly went with the flow on a variety of issues.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:57 PM

24,848 posts, read 9,677,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Which is what 99.99999% of people have done since the dawn of man. In fact, I bet people in 200 years could look at your life and say you just unknowingly went with the flow on a variety of issues.
No way.

Right here and now is the pinnacle of cognitive development and moral reflection within humans and specifically me. If you say otherwise my sense of self-importance is going to take a hit and I won't be able to sleep at night.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
If you owed your soul to the company store, you could not leave and they suffered the same horrible working conditions as there slave counter parts.
Thank you Tennessee Ernie.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:06 PM

29,502 posts, read 15,463,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
For us to "get over it" while the Black community is in a disarray is an excuse.
Any disarray in the black community is mainly due to the black community.

Get your house in order.

Do you know why most white trash is living in disarray? It's because they make stupid decisions and can't prioritize. They don't need government to step in and fix their problems, they need to step up and change their lives. They need to immulate the Asian culture which places education, family and honor high on their list of priorities.

Quit blaming others for your shortcomings and step up to the plate.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
How many of us would turn away using slaves if we had to raise cash crops in the 1700s. Considering what life was like-none of us would refuse.
Thank you for describing YOUR character. Don't push it on the rest of us. There were plenty of men who did not hire slaves in the 1700s.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:45 PM

Quote:
You clearly did not read what I wrote. If you raised cash crops you had slaves.
That's just not true. Thousands of farmers, more in the north, grew cash crops and did not resort to slavery.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:46 PM

Quote:
The benefit of slavery vs paid labor is apparent.
After multiple posts on this specific factor, I can only come to the conclusion that you approve of slavery. If not, it sure sounds like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or