U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2016, 01:56 AM

1,544 posts, read 663,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Any disarray in the black community is mainly due to the black community.

Get your house in order.

Do you know why most white trash is living in disarray? It's because they make stupid decisions and can't prioritize. They don't need government to step in and fix their problems, they need to step up and change their lives. They need to immulate the Asian culture which places education, family and honor high on their list of priorities.

Quit blaming others for your shortcomings and step up to the plate.
Quit passing the buck, then. We can get our house in order once people like you get out of it.

Now unless you can also stop pissing and moaning about Black people's affairs, then I suggest you keep your nose in yours. You're pretty much going to get the same response I'm giving you anyway, so be a good little boy and butt out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 01:56 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,889,655 times
Does it really matter? The Civil War ended in 1865

Old 08-07-2016, 02:06 AM

1,544 posts, read 663,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
But the race war isn't...I'll leave it at that. All the bigots on this thread will start frothing at the mouth like mad dogs, start blaming me for blaming whites for the Black plight, I'll risk an infraction or two by calling them out harshly, and they'll sit gleefully knowing I might get suspended or banned for going in on them harshly. All because I said that the race war hasn't ended.

Response accusing me of blaming whites and being racist in 3...2...1...

Old 08-07-2016, 04:46 AM

8,088 posts, read 7,744,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
That's just not true. Thousands of farmers, more in the north, grew cash crops and did not resort to slavery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
After multiple posts on this specific factor, I can only come to the conclusion that you approve of slavery. If not, it sure sounds like it.
I mentioned cash crops in the first instance. Do I have to repeat it in the second instance when referring to the first instance? Do I have to spoon feed slow readers?

And then no. It is just your reading ability is suspect. You only see what you want to see.
Actually made a negative comment regarding slavery but you overlooked it in your quest to stereotype.

Old 08-07-2016, 04:49 AM

11,240 posts, read 7,514,579 times
Not that I believe anyone on here gives a fig about my input, but this is an interesting article, and well worth a read.

African Slave Traders and their White European Slaves – Grumpy Opinions

Old 08-07-2016, 06:17 AM

8,106 posts, read 2,420,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
But the race war isn't...I'll leave it at that. All the bigots on this thread will start frothing at the mouth like mad dogs, start blaming me for blaming whites for the Black plight, I'll risk an infraction or two by calling them out harshly, and they'll sit gleefully knowing I might get suspended or banned for going in on them harshly. All because I said that the race war hasn't ended.

Response accusing me of blaming whites and being racist in 3...2...1...
The reason why I think the American Civil War still matters is because the past continues to shape the future. This is true both on the individual level & on the society level.

The United States of America began with a contradiction when it came to liberty. This historical fact has an impact on the present day. It would be nice to think this isn't true but it would be necessary to put on present day blinders to cover your eyes & to ignore the 'blind spots' when looking back.

Mrs. Obama refuses to do so:

Quote:
...That is the story of this country, the story that has brought me to this stage tonight, the story of generations of people who felt the lash of bondage, the shame of servitude, the sting of segregation, but who kept on striving and hoping and doing what needed to be done so that today I wake up every morning in a house that was built by slaves. ...
Mr. O'Reilly chose to present his politically correct interpretation.

Personally, my long story short interpretation of that section of Mrs. Obama's speech is, 'The price of liberty is eternal vigilance'.

This Country has come a long way in seeking to resolve that original contradiction. Americans can be proud but it doesn't make sense to forget how we got here to this present moment. Black Americans, more so than White Americans, have cause for eternal vigilance. Mrs. Obama recognized not only the progress that's been made but the deep resistance all along the way from bondage, servitude & segregation. & she could've said much more but she focused on the strength inherent in a people who choose to keep striving.

In the introduction to his essay toward a history of the part which Black folks played in the attempt to reconstruct democracy in America, W.E.B. Dubois describes two types of readers. Even though it was written in 1934, Mr. Dubois' description is still accurate:

https://archive.org/stream/blackreco...0dubo_djvu.txt

Old 08-07-2016, 06:44 AM

6,522 posts, read 7,470,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Any disarray in the black community is mainly due to the black community.

Get your house in order.

Do you know why most white trash is living in disarray? It's because they make stupid decisions and can't prioritize. They don't need government to step in and fix their problems, they need to step up and change their lives. They need to immulate the Asian culture which places education, family and honor high on their list of priorities.

Quit blaming others for your shortcomings and step up to the plate.

This is the truth. Some residents of these very troubled places we have seen in the news lately blame everything from slavery, jim crow and police profiling as the reason their communities are the way they are, however its their own choice to commit crime, fail to work, use drugs etc. When they commit crime they come into contact with the law, then they blame the system when they are killed by a policeman or put into prison. They blame racism, but the reality it is their own fault. Slavery was 150 years ago, Jim Crow was over 50 years ago. Yes its time to "get over it". I have no sympathy for those who keep crying about this stuff. All Americans are aware of history, slavery and the implications of it but those wrongs have long ago been rectified. Liberals instituted programs to help these people pull themselves up for decades, but nothing good has come from them. Most black people don't live this way anyway, only a small radical group of troublemakers is responsible for the recent racial nonsense. Most black people, just like white people are too busy living their lives to pay attention to these fools.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:39 AM

22,551 posts, read 10,426,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
There is so much history to be taught that it can't all be taught. You could teach history all day and not even have an impact. But now the focus in this day and age is on math and science so we will be competitive with the world. If you really think there is brainwashing going on then what are you doing as a parent. Do your job and teach your kids and stop complaining about schools.
Thank you for that, Natalie.

I tire of the conspiracy thinking that is so obsessive on City-Data.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I don't think so, they just went with what they saw in front of them. They were taught that Africans were inferior and they were doing them a favor by bringing them here and letting them work. The Africans could convert to Christianity and go to heaven so in their minds back then they were saving them, and lining their own pockets at the same time.

Letting them work?????????????????????????????????????????????

Old 08-07-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
As I've already shown, that's true in BLUE cities/states.

But, then... Blacks overwhelmingly vote Dem. You can't help those who won't help themselves.

Yep, and THIS is why...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/us/25south.html?_r=0

There are no "better opportunities" for Blacks in BLUE states. Should be no surprise whatsoever, based on BLUE states' ongoing NIMBY covert and sometimes blatant racism.

But, yeah... keep voting for Dems.
Take your tables and data and throw them in the trash and start connecting with and concerning yourself with the ACTUAL HUMAN BEINGS you constantly put down. Then your humanity might develop.

As an educator in the midst of all the data connected with passing state NCLB testing, I pored over data all the time. It had its place. But I never forgot that my real job was working with real live anecdotes (as you would classify them...but what many of us realize are real human beings), many of whom didn't fit the data at all.

Christians don't worship data.

Last edited by phetaroi; 08-07-2016 at 10:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or