Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2016, 09:54 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,256 times

Advertisements

The vast majority of Amerikans support slavery. They support and condone using government aggression, violence, and coercion to impose their personal will upon their neighbor. These slavers call themselves "democrats" and "republicans" and use government aggression to enslave their neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 09:55 AM

788 posts, read 512,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And given that this is your opinion of black people, why would they want to be on your side of the political spectrum?
It is fact, not opinion. The left has addicted that community to far higher percentages than any other. Plus, they use scare tactics.

Facts, i.e. the truth, are stubborn things, and while you are entitled to your own opinion, you aren't entitled to your own version of the facts.

Happy to have cleared that up for you.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:55 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Michelle was not truthful at all. The White house was built by free blacks, many whites, and slaves..Many slave owners were black.. Could have been the free blacks brought their slaves with them.

Also O'reilly was stating what he knew to be true. That the men were all treated the same. Free, white and slave when they built the white house. Is saying that , supposed to erase the fact that people owned people. They were not whipped and beaten to build the White House as some masters did including some slave owners that were black and beat them.

We know there are people who can rationalize anything including owning people. Today many rationalize the killing of their own babies as a right.

We also know that the progressives believe that they have the right over another life. Which was the biggest problem with slavery. They are much closer to thinking of being a slave owner than a Republican because they believe that everyone should have a right over another human being, a perfect example is the power over the baby in the womb.

. Republicans also believed in abolishing slavery. The democrats believed it to be a right and they fought long and hard against the Republicans to keep that right.

The democrats now say because the Dixiecrats became Republicans that it is now the party of racism.. untrue as usual.. the democrats lie their way into power. Out of 26 Dixiecrats , Strom Thurman became a Republican. The rest stayed in the Democratic party.

The Democrats Big Lie: Dixiecrats Switched to Republican Party with Racist Agenda ⋆ WayneDupree.com
I think he crossed the line by saying "slaves were well fed." No need to say that in my opinion. Bill was a bit insensitive, but is he a racist? No absolutely not. I think he is a fair and balanced journalist.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:00 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL on the bold. Democrats were not around when chattel slavery was introduced in our country in the late 1600s/early 1700s so they are not "responsible" for slavery...

And please note that I don't believe all conservatives hold negative views of black Americans and I also believe that many liberals hold negative views of black Americans as well, but on these forums it is usually the conservative posters, like the one I quoted who want to tell me as a black person how bad I'm doing and that my supposed lowly status in life is due to voting for Democrats when I am doing fine in life and I don't know hardly any black people who fit the narrative of having a "bad housing, bad family structure, and no economic hope" of which that poster mentioned. I honestly don't know any black people who fit that narrative at all.
actually no need to note, I don't actually hold your views in any way....at all

Old 07-28-2016, 10:13 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think he crossed the line by saying "slaves were well fed." No need to say that in my opinion. Bill was a bit insensitive, but is he a racist? No absolutely not. I think he is a fair and balanced journalist.
I believe Bill was trying to quell the hate.. and it backfired to an enormous measure. Some could have had visions of whippings and beatings of slaves to get the White House built.

I think it was inappropriate that Michelle had to say that at all at the time where racial tensions are high.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:14 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
I believe Bill was trying to quell the hate.. and it backfired to an enormous measure. Some could have had visions of whippings and beatings of slaves to get the White House built.

I think it was inappropriate that Michelle had to say that at all at the time where racial tensions are high.
Yeah.. I agree with you.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:18 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Michelle was not truthful at all. The White house was built by free blacks, many whites, and slaves..Many slave owners were black.. Could have been the free blacks brought their slaves with them.

Also O'reilly was stating what he knew to be true. That the men were all treated the same. Free, white and slave when they built the white house. Is saying that , supposed to erase the fact that people owned people. They were not whipped and beaten to build the White House as some masters did including some slave owners that were black and beat them.

We know there are people who can rationalize anything including owning people. Today many rationalize the killing of their own babies as a right.

We also know that the progressives believe that they have the right over another life. Which was the biggest problem with slavery. They are much closer to thinking of being a slave owner than a Republican because they believe that everyone should have a right over another human being, a perfect example is the power over the baby in the womb.

. Republicans also believed in abolishing slavery. The democrats believed it to be a right and they fought long and hard against the Republicans to keep that right.

The democrats now say because the Dixiecrats became Republicans that it is now the party of racism.. untrue as usual.. the democrats lie their way into power. Out of 26 Dixiecrats , Strom Thurman became a Republican. The rest stayed in the Democratic party.

The Democrats Big Lie: Dixiecrats Switched to Republican Party with Racist Agenda ⋆ WayneDupree.com
Michelle was completely truthful. Slaves worked on the construction of the White House. You cannot refute this. It's a fact. O'Reilly was trying to minimize that fact. And you are, too.

As for your remarks about Dixiecrats, there weren't 26 Dixiecrats in the world. The fact that you count only 26 Dixiecrats is an attempt at misdirection. There were millions of Dixiecrats, Southerners who supported a conservative Democratic policy. The National Democratic party didn't promote that conservative Democratic policy. And the Dixiecrats left the National Democratic party, joining the National Republican party, because the Republican party did promote that conservative policy that the Dixiecrats favored.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
It is fact, not opinion. The left has addicted that community to far higher percentages than any other. Plus, they use scare tactics.

Facts, i.e. the truth, are stubborn things, and while you are entitled to your own opinion, you aren't entitled to your own version of the facts.

Happy to have cleared that up for you.
If you think it's FACT, then fine. Whatever. But realize that your opinion of black people doesn't put black people in a favorable light. And as long as that's your reality, then the reality is that black people aren't going to vote with people who think of them in those terms.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:

Michelle was pointing out how far we've come as a country.

That a federal building that slaves helped to build, a federal building that houses the First Family of our nation, now houses a First Family that is black.

I think pointing out the progress that we've made as a nation regarding our attitudes about race was entirely appropriate, especially at a time when racial tensions are high.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:28 AM

89,020 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Wealth inequality is explicably tied to housing values.
So... why haven't Obama and his Admin fixed that? They've only made the rich even richer, and made Blacks even poorer. Is THAT what you and other liberals/Dems voted for?

Hillary will be just more of the same. Wall Street is her master, as well:

Wall Street cash or Elizabeth Warren: Hillary's choice - CNBC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies