Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2016, 04:17 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,903,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The act of owning another person is indecent.
Yet, the Dems control by social freebies, what is the difference......it is part of enslavement. Once a person stops supporting them the government no longer wants them. The Democrat party tried to stop the Gays for Trump movement......are you speaking out against this? Once a women no longer supports abortion she is labeled as misguided.......is this freedom to decide for ones self?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 05:20 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,360,048 times
i dont have reality of slavery, why because it happen 150 years ago. I wasnt there

Old 07-29-2016, 05:31 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,880,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Yet, the Dems control by social freebies, what is the difference......it is part of enslavement. Once a person stops supporting them the government no longer wants them. The Democrat party tried to stop the Gays for Trump movement......are you speaking out against this? Once a women no longer supports abortion she is labeled as misguided.......is this freedom to decide for ones self?
Dems most hated group - those "non college educated" self sufficient whites that vote republican. Dems have no use for them...hence why them lacking a degree is supposed to equal "stupid".

Old 07-29-2016, 06:12 PM

56,990 posts, read 35,105,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
You still are incapable of getting it. You are clueless and seem to repel every one of them that you might get. It isn't about the past, it is about the (read carefully, re-read as necessary) F - U - T - U - R - E, which you will never have as long as you are surgically joined to the evils of the past.

I want, and please this is serious stuff, no kidding etc., to offer this advice. We, as well as many other nations, fought a great and terrible war against Facism in Europe (Germany and Italy) and against Japan in the Pacific. It was a brutal, horrible time - as bad as slavery. Millions died brutal deaths, millions were enslaved and worked to death. Others tortured endlessly.

However, we have (and it didn't take very long), put all that in the past. We enjoy solid and friendly relations with all three aggressors and are, in fact, Allies, pledged to our common defense. We drive, with great pride, Beamers and Benz's, Ferrari's and Lamborghini's, Toyota's and Lexus and etc., I haven't bought a non-Japanese vehicle since 1977. I would love to have a Beamer or even an Audi.

We, as a nation, could have followed your game plan, and steep in the evils of the past, or as we actually did, shake hands, shake-off any animosity and go forward with head held-high, reveling in our new-found friendships, and the benefits they bring.

For your own good, follow the example that the WWII generation gave us decades ago. Cast off the eternal whining about the past, forget about it for it will, and indeed cannot, help you at all. It is as useless as the runway behind your aircraft struggling to get airborne.
I don't take advice. So that's where I stopped reading your post. You're in no position to advise me. You need advice yourself.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
By today's standards. I have news for you. There were slave owners that were really good people. The practice was abhorrent much like many practices of those days....like open season on Indians.

Look at how murdering liberals defend abortion and I guarantee you that practice will be considered abhorrent by future people. At least slaves got a chance to live, be baptized and go home to God after leading as good a life as possible. These murdering, soulless liberals don't even give babies that much humanity.
Slave owners can't be good people by definition. They were all evil. They should've all been executed during and after the war. Their families too.

And baptizing slaves into Christianity might be the worst of all the evils they did. That alone makes slave owners worthy of a painful death.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:16 PM

788 posts, read 509,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't take advice. So that's where I stopped reading your post. You're in no position to advise me. You need advice yourself.
I tried to help you, but as always you'd rather wallow in your Hate and Excuse Making. One day it will drown you, spirit, soul and....! Too bad.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:20 PM

788 posts, read 509,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Slave owners can't be good people by definition. They were all evil. They should've all been executed during and after the war. Their families too.

And baptizing slaves into Christianity might be the worst of all the evils they did. That alone makes slave owners worthy of a painful death.
You judge people of that era by standards of this era. In law that is call Ex Post Facto, is illegal and immoral, and paints you thoroughly as such. And remember slavery was a world-wide institution, practiced as much by one race as another - a fact you and your HATE can't get your head around. Mankind could not have advanced without it.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I tried to help you, but as always you'd rather wallow in your Hate and Excuse Making. One day it will drown you, spirit, soul and....! Too bad.
You're in no position to help me. You're just not doing well enough in life for me to respect your perspective.

Plus you're not black. LMAO...you even admitted that you can't afford a BMW.

I've already owned 5. Stop it.
Quote:
You judge people of that era by standards of this era. In law that is call Ex Post Facto, is illegal and immoral, and paints you thoroughly as such. And remember slavery was a world-wide institution, practiced as much by one race as another - a fact you and your HATE can't get your head around. Mankind could not have advanced without it.
America was a Christian dominated nation back then far more so than now. FAR more!

So was the Bible different back then?

Old 07-29-2016, 07:02 PM

129 posts, read 163,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
By today's standards. I have news for you. There were slave owners that were really good people. The practice was abhorrent much like many practices of those days....like open season on Indians.

Look at how murdering liberals defend abortion and I guarantee you that practice will be considered abhorrent by future people. At least slaves got a chance to live, be baptized and go home to God after leading as good a life as possible. These murdering, soulless liberals don't even give babies that much humanity.

Dude...SERIOUSLY?????

Please tell me you are a troll, because you CAN'T be serious.....

Old 07-29-2016, 07:08 PM

25,794 posts, read 16,443,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny_View View Post

Dude...SERIOUSLY?????

Please tell me you are a troll, because you CAN'T be serious.....
No, the troll is the one stirring the pot with 69 posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies