Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 12:18 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Michelle Obama talked about slaves building the White House. Bill O'Reilly reported on it. This is how screwed up the lefts perception of things are. Look at how it was perceived (in black) as apposed to what was said. I post O'Reilly statement below in blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Bill O'Reilly Wants You To Know That The Slaves Who Built The White House Were Well-Fed

"Slaves that worked there were well-fed and had decent lodgings provided by the government, which stopped hiring slave labor in 1802. However, the feds did not forbid subcontractors from using slave labor."

What in the world could this passage mean? Could O'Reilly really thing that how well a slave is fed is a cogent argument - that "cuisine" offered makes slave-holding less of an abomination?

Do some people really think slavery was some kind of entry level job with just a few "perks?"

Now what Bill O'Reilly did say... (without Democrat cherry picking)

He explained how while slaves did participate in the construction, “Records show about 400 payments made to slave masters between 1795 and 1801. In addition, free blacks, whites, and immigrants also worked on the massive building.”

“Slaves that worked there,” O’Reilly continued, “were well-fed and had decent lodgings provided by the government, which stopped hiring slave labor in 1802. However, the feds did not forbid subcontractors from using slave labor.

So, Michelle Obama is essentially correct in citing slaves as builders of the White House, but there were others working as well.”

Democrats and their DIRTY POLITICS is sickening

SICKENING!

Is he left that damn desperate,, are blacks that desperate? We get it, your ancestors were a victim, so were mine and I agree, slavery was wrong, it's sickening but my god. It's 2016

How any one can perceive this statement, in fact backing Michelle Obama up, could be O'Reilly is justifying it, how far gone is the left? Seriously get a grip!

Last edited by petch751; 07-27-2016 at 12:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 12:19 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,473,727 times
Well-fed slaves are happy slaves.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:22 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,058,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
and working with others who were not slaves must have made them even happier

Old 07-27-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Yep, it must have been good, you keep wanting to re-live it. Oh well, that's your choice, I'd rather live today

did you even bother reading the pathetic spin.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
and working with others who were not slaves must have made them even happier
Yet another example of Democrats pathetic politics. Well I'm out of here, go back to feeling sorry for yourselves.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:37 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,473,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
you keep wanting to re-live it.
Says the person who brought it up.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:38 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Michelle Obama talked about slaves building the White House. Bill O'Reilly reported on it. This is how screwed up the lefts perception of things are. Look at how it was perceived (in black) as apposed to what was said. I post O'Reilly statement below in blue.

He explained how while slaves did participate in the construction, “Records show about 400 payments made to slave masters between 1795 and 1801. In addition, free blacks, whites, and immigrants also worked on the massive building.”

“Slaves that worked there,” O’Reilly continued, “were well-fed and had decent lodgings provided by the government, which stopped hiring slave labor in 1802. However, the feds did not forbid subcontractors from using slave labor.

So, Michelle Obama is essentially correct in citing slaves as builders of the White House, but there were others working as well.”

SICKENING!

Is he left that damn desperate,, are blacks that desperate? We get it, your ancestors were a victim, so were mine and I agree, slavery was wrong, it's sickening but my god. It's 2016

How any one can perceive this statement, in fact backing Michelle Obama up, could be O'Reilly is justifying it, how far gone is the left? Seriously get a grip!

Divide'm and conquer'm Politics.

Split us farther apart Michelle, that is what your college thesis was all about, wasn't it. A Black America and a White America. That Bitc* has done more to split us apart than anyone in the 60's.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:43 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times
Quote:
Yet another example of Democrats pathetic politics. Well I'm out of here, go back to feeling sorry for yourselves.
They were slaves. Period.
They couldn't go and get a different job.
They didn't get paid.
They had no control over their life.
But they were well fed.

Yup, I'm sure you'd be the first to sign up for that gig.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:06 PM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Why would Michelle bring this up? I thought we were supposed to ignore our ugly history and erase it from the books? Isn't that what they are doing in the South where statues of Confederate heroes are being taken down and parks and roads being renamed because these guys were pro slavery??

Here is an idea if Black slaves built the White House and Michelle is angry about that why doesn't she invite the BLM people in there because they will surely tear it down.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:40 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times
Quote:

SICKENING!

Lol.... Your side elected Trump to the nomination. Facts don't matter to your kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies