U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 12:10 PM

4,318 posts, read 4,832,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
No it isn't, it's in the Hip-Hop genre.

Hip-Hop/Rap Music Genres
Hip Hop is a sub-genre of funk, which is a sub-genre of rock. you lose. You're not going to win any music argument with me, trust me on that.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:15 PM

11,376 posts, read 3,693,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Hip Hop is a sub-genre of funk, which is a sub-genre of rock. you lose. You're not going to win any music argument with me, trust me on that.
lol..I will win any music argument with you, trust me.

Quote:
Hip Hop, R&B and Rap musical genres are closely associated with each other. Hip hop music takes its roots from Jamaican reggae and dancehall music that was quite popular in the late 1960s. It was mainly originated in Jamaica and was later spread to America and much later all over the world. The music became quite popular African Americans and Latinos. There are very few musical instruments used in order to create hip hop music. Most of the sound is synthetic which comes out of synthesizers, drum machines, turntables, samplers and many more such machines.

For the win!

Old 07-27-2016, 12:24 PM

304 posts, read 132,280 times
I dont know about the sales of Rap in Britain but i wouldnt be suprised if the figure was similar.It isnt for me,but then im 50,and the rappers dont make it for me lol.

The one thing i do laugh at is white,often middle class British kids talking like theyre from South Central LA.To me its absolutely hilarious

Old 07-27-2016, 12:28 PM

28,411 posts, read 14,127,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
There is nothing to agree or disagree with because the OP stated what words mean to them personally. We are two different people. Now....words mean something to me, but you cannot ask the OP to agree or disagree with on how I feel....because it is what it is.
So, you'd say there are no overtly racist words?

Quote:
That having been said, again, because blacks kill blacks, some whites say we should not complain when police kill blacks, because we are doing it to ourselves too.
No.

When a defect in product A results in the death of 5,000 people, and a defect in product B results in the death of 100 people, most of society would say you should focus on product A. That doesn't mean product B should be ignored, but common sense says A should have much greater priority. Logic.

Quote:
Some of us black folk call each other the N word, so just like the police killing blacks, that should be ok too because we call each other that. To me....that just shows a blatant disrespect of black people. We (blacks) should not be disrespecting ourselves.....but that is something we learned from whites disrespecting us for centuries. Now that we disrespect ourselves......whites think it should be alright for them to do it.....all over again.
It's mostly black culture that is interjecting it into mainstream. How do you explain to a teen that the N word is disrespectful when it's being blasted by music stars every day?

Old 07-27-2016, 12:29 PM

4,318 posts, read 4,832,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lol..I will win any music argument with you, trust me.

For the win!

Rap in the 70s in no way resembled Dance Hall. This is OFTEN said because DJ Herc, who was from Jamaica (but lived in the Bronx) is often credited as the first hip hop DJ. There may have been some VERY early block parties that that had a dance hall theme, but much of the earliest known recordings of hip hop shows heavy funk samples. The part of rap that's considered "dance hall" are probably looping and "breaking". But much of the early samples were either funk or disco, to the point it's impossible to overlook the two genre influence in the genre. Anyone who will say that funk has no association with the creation of hip hop just don't know early hip hop.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:51 PM

17,497 posts, read 10,123,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Black on Black violence, and drugs have been big problems before hip hop even came out.
Does make one wonder how white kids, born from white parents who listened to the Rolling Stones, Beatles, AC/DC and Led Zeppelin to name a few........found music in rap to be their music of choice.

What is worse when people refer to it as rock music. I find it silly whites listening this stuff that demeans women and cops, when you ask them what is being said, they can't tell you from a that BASS.

My kids had a moment of Korn, ICP and such groups, thank God they grew up!

Along with Korn's lead singer turning Christian.
Former Korn guitarist Brian 'Head' Welch talks to Beliefnet about leaving the rock star life after finding becoming a Christian. - Beliefnet

Old 07-27-2016, 01:02 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,020,853 times
Rap "music"? No singing and no one playing instruments...strange definition of music.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:02 PM

8,663 posts, read 6,338,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, you'd say there are no overtly racist words?

No.

When a defect in product A results in the death of 5,000 people, and a defect in product B results in the death of 100 people, most of society would say you should focus on product A. That doesn't mean product B should be ignored, but common sense says A should have much greater priority. Logic.

It's mostly black culture that is interjecting it into mainstream. How do you explain to a teen that the N word is disrespectful when it's being blasted by music stars every day?
I think that such is a conversation that parents should definitely have. I don't think the youth of any color have respect for history. For people over 45......white kids throwing N word in public around older folks can be very problematic.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:07 PM

488 posts, read 338,096 times
Are the pirated rap cd's sold on 7/11 sidewalks and Obamaphone streamed listens accounted for in the figures?

Old 07-27-2016, 01:09 PM

21,729 posts, read 10,597,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

Quote:
I think that such is a conversation that parents should definitely have. I don't think the youth of any color have respect for history. For people over 45......white kids throwing N word in public around older folks can be very problematic.
The answer is very easy , you explain it within the same realm as you do M*****F***** or B**** or D*** or F*** or any other word deed to not be used in polite society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or