Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 11:01 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
I know we been on this topic of race relations in America. I know a lot of conservatives and liberals always blame blacks for violence related to music. Also I notice here in NY everyone says the N word as slang especially the young kids. Rap concerts are dominated by whites. Check out the video and how do you feel about other minorities and whites using the N word.

https://www.facebook.com/ATLBlackSta...6599883141453/
With over 2 decades in various positions in the CJ system and growing up in the ghetto (as a "non-white"...whatever that means) I can honestly say I have no idea what the N word means.

I've heard every "race" use it within their own "race" and against other "races". In anger, in joy, in seriousness, and in jest.

The only common denominator is that the people I've heard use it are not the type of folks I share any core values with (judging by their actions).

It might as well be replaced with a made up word.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:04 PM

811 posts, read 550,646 times
Yup. And just like everything else detrimental that blacks have to be associated with, it's controlled and funded by whites. The record labels that push this misogynistic and violent music are owned by whites. Like Lyor Cohen. The man that promoted and managed NWA (that was so hated and evil), Jerry Heller, was a white man.

Just like Black Lives MAtter that is funded by and controlled by whites such as George Soros.

Funny how whites hate so many things black people do but those actions are mostly funded and pushed by whites

Last edited by Vizualizax90; 07-27-2016 at 11:19 PM..

Old 07-28-2016, 12:27 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
With over 2 decades in various positions in the CJ system and growing up in the ghetto (as a "non-white"...whatever that means) I can honestly say I have no idea what the N word means.

I've heard every "race" use it within their own "race" and against other "races". In anger, in joy, in seriousness, and in jest.

The only common denominator is that the people I've heard use it are not the type of folks I share any core values with (judging by their actions).

It might as well be replaced with a made up word.
If you don't know what it means by now, then what's the point. You don't need to know. Hell, you've gone this far without knowing. Sounds as if it's made little difference in your life.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:46 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
I go to one chat site, whose members are predominately young blacks and Hispanics, occasionally and see all the teens and twenty somethings calling each other *****. I guess times have changed but I won't use the word.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:58 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Rap is crap with the "C" removed.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:09 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I go to one chat site, whose members are predominately young blacks and Hispanics, occasionally and see all the teens and twenty somethings calling each other *****. I guess times have changed but I won't use the word.
It is a completely meaningless word. I've read incident reports from county lockup where all "races" have used it. An Asian guy once called an Australian guy (not kidding...he was here on vacation and got arrested for DD) the N word during a verbal altercation. Blacks, whites, Hispanics, the whole nine yards were there and nobody thought anything of it.

Again, it has been reserved for a long time now by the lower class as nothing more than jibberish. Females in the lower class use it too but not nearly as often as males. It has no meaning there either though.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:12 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Rap is crap with the "C" removed.
Deep thoughts...

Old 07-28-2016, 07:49 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Rap "music"? No singing and no one playing instruments...strange definition of music.
Puts a shame to those who actually have talent of playing instruments and singing. Mick Jagger not only sings, plays guitar, maracas, tambourine, harmonica, harp, piano, drums....... the man has talent!

Old 07-28-2016, 07:57 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Majority of rap music preaches hatred towards other black people, women, society, and cops. Since they know that white people buy their music so you don't hear hating on whites. Which is a big hint, who runs the rap music labels. I listened to it and loved it at some point of my life. A lot of lyrics degrades women and women are ok with that? Sometimes I think black women hate other black women because the lyrics projects negativity about them.

Old 07-28-2016, 08:43 AM

6,820 posts, read 14,032,189 times
I despise the "N" and wish it was stricken from our language. Having said this, it is a word now commonly used by all races among our youth. I follow my sons college Twitter page and I can promise you the word is used by everybody. It does not hold the same meaning to them as it does for me (53 years of age). I can also say kids of this generation get along much better with each other. Race means little to them. White kids listen to as much rap as the black kids do and they party together. The college environment has certainly changed since I was in school. Although I hate the "n" word, it does bring my joy knowing the meaning and context of the word has changed greatly since I was a youth. Among our youth it is not a word that inspires hate but rather friendship. Strange but true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies