U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 07:32 AM

35,268 posts, read 19,297,794 times

Advertisements

What Obama's election did was to bring the latent racists out of hiding and expose them to the sunlight. Of course, they'll try to disguise their hatred as "policy disagreements" in an attempt to blend in with the genuine political opponents. But the raw, unfiltered hate directed at this president is unprecedented. He's a good family man of excellent character, yet he's hated with a venom that's completely irrational by any standard.

That kind of spittle-spewing hate is known as racism and sadly it's still part of the American scene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 08:29 AM

13,673 posts, read 8,580,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post
No, it is not "OK" to kill more whites because there are more of them. But your numbers just don't support your outrage. Blacks make up about 13% of the US population, and you said "more than twice as many white were killed by police in 2015 than blacks. That would put the numbers at 67% white and 33% black, assuming those two categories included 100% of deaths (they don't). Only 13% of the population, but 33% of the deaths... and that's OK............
I don't think it "OK" with anyone.
What is wrong is that the death is always blamed on the cops, in spite of the fact that in almost every case the cop has been exonerated.

The Obama administration is always the first to pass judgement - long before any facts are known.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:47 AM

909 posts, read 667,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Of course things are worse under Obama. In my opinion the below incident created the downhill slide. Saying the Cambridge acted "stupidly" when he admittedly did not have all the facts was moronic at minimum and started what has worsened in this country with the white officers against the black males. I certainly believe he has set us back years and with the extremists BLM happening now it will be sometime before we recover, if we ever do. Just go to youtube and search for the BLM lady telling the whites they had to get to the back of the line at the DNC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_...st_controversy
So you think police issues with the Black community started with the Henry Louis Gates incident? If so, I hope you are trolling because if not, that's a dangerous level of arrogance to be so ignorant of a topic and still somehow think your opinion could possibly have any relevance.

The issue is as American as apple pie.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:23 AM

11,859 posts, read 8,256,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos82 View Post
So do u disagree with Blue lives matter? White people are clueless...the issues isn't black Americans, its you! Lol the idea of blaming the historical victims of racism as the problem and not those carrying out the act is white ignorance. BLM isn't saying anything knew, this has been an issue for Black Americans since forever before social media and fancy hashtags. I'm tired of white deflection...blacks arent the problem

I don't disagree with any group that spreads their word peacefully, once violence and destruction is introduced they need to be met with the same.
Look at the BLM idiots tearing the place up, destroying public and private things and blocking roads. Yes they are getting their message out but it is a negative one based on violence and fear. They have devolved into a do as I say or else group Hmmmmm sounds sort of like isis to me.

There is a reason why many black communities are riddled with crime. I used to work with a a bunch of black guys in a tough city and the violence and racism they had for each other was terrible. It is worse today.
So should the cops just pull out and stop policing black communities? Is that what they want?

I do put the blame on the black community for the problems that they have.

It is simple, we only need to look at the inner cities like Chicago and Detroit where someone (black on black crime) is killed every 14 hours. Why are there no marches? No media coverage?
If a white community was experiencing this type of carnage something would be done but it starts with people being outraged.
Chicago and Detroit might as well be a war zone.

I still believe that if you don't break the law the law will leave you alone.
Why can't some people get out of their own way.
There are lots of factors that we can blame like drugs, lack of opportunity, lack of education but it all comes down to the actions of the individual taking responsibility for themselves.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:28 AM

254 posts, read 147,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnam409 View Post
i had hopes that having a "black" president would have shown the world that we, as a whole, aren't racist.
I always laugh at the people who felt that voting for someone based on the color of their skin would prove that they weren't racist. Particularly voting for some random guy who had no qualifications other than his skin color, was a '60s type radical and community organizer, and was mentored by people such as Saul Alinsky. I mean, I'm totally sure this will end up well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
What Obama's election did was to bring the latent racists out of hiding and expose them to the sunlight. Of course, they'll try to disguise their hatred as "policy disagreements" in an attempt to blend in with the genuine political opponents. But the raw, unfiltered hate directed at this president is unprecedented. He's a good family man of excellent character, yet he's hated with a venom that's completely irrational by any standard.

That kind of spittle-spewing hate is known as racism and sadly it's still part of the American scene.
It's always hilarious how people on the left try to project their own racism onto others. You could actually blind people to race and just recount Obama's actions and beliefs and see if they'd be horrified or not. Even better, you could ask yourself why the people who oppose Obama also opposed Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter. I guess they were formerly racist against southern white guys and then switched to being racist against the northern black guy, right? The best part is you probably believe that any criticism of Hillary Clinton is sexist, which even Democrats have difficulty not laughing at.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:19 AM

22,506 posts, read 10,414,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Racism has and always will be around but today it is highly profiled and if anyone says anything against a brown person they are labelled a racist. That is what happened to Trump when he called for building the wall along the border to prevent illegal aliens from strolling into America. They are breaking the law by doing so and stopping them is common sense NOT Racism.

If a white cop shoots a black thug, no matter the situation it is automatically racism even though the thug was beating on the cop.

I also thought that when Obama was elected he was going to serve as an example to every young black kid out there that if you are smart and work hard you too can rise to great heights in American society BUT.... From what we have seen it is way cooler for these kids to trash their neighborhoods, riot, destroy public and private property and fight with the Police.
The BLM movement started as something good but has evolved into a pseudo terrorist group and Obama still listens to them when he should be condemning their violent actions.

IN general people see others with a different skin tone as just other people. I give everyone the same amount of respect up to the point where they screw it up. I think most people feel like this and can get along just fine.
The media is not helping when it shows black thugs burning cop cars and beating up on people. These antics are doing nothing to stop the negative stereotype profiles and now they are killing cops.

I say race relations are boiling over now when it was simply on the back burner simmering. I believe that Obama is at the heart of it. Police shoot a black youth and the world is outraged and marches. A black youth shoots another black youth and it is just another day in the black community. WHY ?
Black Lives Matter. ALL LIVES MATTER.
No. Donald Trump was criticized for the wall proposal because few of us think it's practical and virtually none of us believe that Mexico is going to pay for it. The reason we connect racism to Donald Trump is because he has REPEATEDLY associated Mexicans with rapists.

No. Few of us jump on the racism bandwagon when there is a shooting of a "Black thug", but then again, you Republicans seem to label every young Black man as a thug.

You see what you do in the same paragraph? You connect "every young black kid out there" with "it is way cooler for these kids to trash their neighborhoods, riot, destroy public and private property and fight with the Police". Even though a majority of Black kids do no such thing.

Race relations are boiling over because 38% of Americans support racism.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:44 AM

59 posts, read 35,103 times
1. Obama is racially black. Culturally, he's a Midwestern white man - as safe and mainstream as it gets. And even if he were "authentically" black, how would that change race consciousness in America? It would only do so for those who have the most superficial understanding of race.

2. It is not up to the government to improve race relations.

3. Most so-called racial conflicts are really about class and economic status.

4. Most white people are unwilling to acknowledge the brutal extent to which white culture has marginalized and oppressed black people. Most black people are unwilling to acknowledge the essential corruption and debasement of their communities. It's a sh!tstorm (Randy) of denial, which manifests in willful ignorance (the Right), or fatuous guilt (the Left).

5. America's racial tensions will never abate...

Old 07-28-2016, 11:48 AM

14,407 posts, read 7,926,626 times
Why is president Obama always portrayed as black? Wasn't his mother white? I like to think of him as being the best of both worlds. However, why has he NOT turned on the blue lights at the white house in support of the police? What kind of message does that send to the BLM and all other black people? Wasn't every one of those innocent white officers victims of a hate crime ?

So yes I can see how President Obama has a negative direct impact on race relations. One black police officer was killed in Baton Rouge. Where's the support for him? Where's his blue light Obama?

That to me sends a message loud and clear, and yes he appears to be just going through the motions for our innocent fallen heroes. It also tells me that he is not the president for all, but only for his agenda driven values. His flagrant lack of support for the police is shameful. So is his rhetoric condemnation of police shootings of blacks before all of the facts are on the table. So yes, I can see how he's encouraging the division between black and white. I for one will be happy to see him gone.

I also blame the media and social media for the tension between the races. Well yes my son was a convicted felon with a gun in his pocket, and yes he wasn't cooperating with the police but the police should wait to see if he's going to shoot one of them first before they stop the threat. Really? Really? Or better yet, let's just put a negative spin on it for the sake of a sensational story and inflame the haters.

Let's also show the last minute of your fiance's life after he's been shot by police for reaching for his gun instead of trying to render aid and stop the bleeding. Equally as disgusting and shameful. "I told him not to reach for the gun" the police officer is heard on tape saying as he was bleeding to death. Yep social media was more important then trying to save your fiance's life. You go girl. Despicable.

Turn on those blue lights at the white house Obama and be the president for all people. Mine glows bright every night, all night. I hope every one of you reading this will do the same.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:52 AM

3,910 posts, read 4,650,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I still believe that if you don't break the law the law will leave you alone.
Why can't some people get out of their own way.
Sadly, not always true. I know at least two black men who are pillars in my community. They are young professionals, clean cut, good men. Highly respected by those that know them (myself included). And yet every other month I hear, "I got pulled over again," as part of their conversation. We live in a large metro area, albeit in the south, and they each frequently get pulled over on the highways around our town, get their license run through the system, and then let go - without really being told what they were being pulled over for in the first place.

No broken tail lights.
No speeding.
No suspicious behavior (unless driving to an early church service on a Sunday morning is suspicious, which happened to one of the men earlier this year).

Fortunately, these two men in particular keep their cool, are quiet-spoken and extremely polite to all - including the police officers who consistently pull them over to run their licenses. But it is disheartening to hear first-hand accounts of being treated like a possible criminal despite doing nothing wrong.

Old 07-28-2016, 02:07 PM

9,441 posts, read 10,191,639 times
Maybe after 100 years of Black Lives Matter's "reign of terror" people will understand the patience of African Americans waiting for a president to put and end to the KKK. Or perhaps it is not the job of the president. I seriously doubt that white people who once liked black people have changed their mind in the last eight years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies